Star Wars TV Series

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
So I've been reading upon this new live action SW tv series that is coming out in 2009, it's set between ep.3-ep.4
I also hear it is supposed to show how Han Solo and Chewy meet.

It is supposed to be "like deadwood in space"... I dont know what the hell deadwood is...

And yes, unfortunately, but not to anyone's surprise, George Lucas is involved.

Now before we get into a flaming frenzy war of insanity, lets not have arguements upon if Star Wars sucks or not.

personally I am primarily a fan of the original trilogy, sometimes I enjoy watching the new ones because they are so terrible though...

but anyways, anyone know anything about this?

Since I am a typical geek, I am going to have to say I hope Boba Fett is involved in a lot of this, and I hope Darth Vader has some more action instead of just being a moody whiney boy like in ep 3.

God, I hate Anakin. But Darth Vader is such a badass.

I know how Han and Chewie meet anyway. And typing chewie makes me want some cookies.

It will be bad-ass if it's anything HALF of Deadwood.

It's a western, not just "cowboys."

And it'll likely be more Firefly, just with a much bigger budget.

****ing assholes...

It's a western, not just "cowboys."

And it'll likely be more Firefly, just with a much bigger budget.

****ing assholes...

So this is what its come to? New shows now need to rip off old shows that ripped off old movies which the new shows are based on.

Or someone..including you Lucas...could gee..i dunno....come up with something new? ****

Lol, If it's anything like Deadwood... it won't be suitable for kiddies.

Ah Deadwood is a good series, saw a few episodes, know the sort of stuff to expect lol.

Also know how Han and Chewie meet, but could be good.

Fair enough. But I just think of the last time (only time?) Live Action Star Wars was purposely made for television and cringe so hard that I implode and end up in a major essay by Stephen Hawking

the one about chewbacca or whatever?

anyone ever see those horrid live action ewok movies?

I just remember South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone mentioning the Chewbacca Christmas Special as "one of the most horrid pieces of cinematography ever produced".

the one about chewbacca or whatever?

anyone ever see those horrid live action ewok movies?

If you mean the one with the little girl, then yes! A long time ago. I don't remember them too well, but they were weird, man.

The series needs to be about Vader flying around and ****ing shit up, killing the last of the Jedi and helping set up the Empire.

Expanded Universe kthxbai.

Timothy Zahn, damnit!

Production put on hold.
Question: How are things going with the live action TV show?
Answer: The live action TV show is kind of on hold because we have scripts, but we don't know how to do 'em. Because, they literally are Star Wars, only we're going to have to try to do them...a tenth the cost. And, it's a huge challenge...lot bigger than what we thought it was gonna be.

Could this mean they will be forced to work on character development and dialogue rather than stale computer generated environments??

Oh what joy of the thought!

I would love to see them fall back on shoddy special effects for this, actually. It would be hilarious to see the effects sequences constructed with cut-out composites, no lighting, scale models on dowels, and cheap rubber masks.

**** it, just make it like the Clones Wars cartoon.

not surprised at this being on hold when was the last time we heard anything of substance about it?

wait george lucas hasnt stoped on star wars? how much can you ruin a series?

unless is like those clone wars shorts of gendy tartakowski(dexter labs creator not dexter the metrosexual killer) then it can be good

Back