The comedy stylings of George Lucas: Star Wars the comedy

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
The Star Wars universe just got a little worse with news announced via The Hollywood Reporter that Lucas has given the go-ahead for a new comedy cartoon set in the Star Wars universe. The funniest thing Star Wars related ever is still the Holiday Special – a programme so bizarre and bad, Lucas once quipped he’d love to find every copy and smash it up with a hammer. Can we add the Star Wars prequels to that, George?

he should be euthanised

http://www.filmshaft.com/news/george-lucas-plans-star-wars-comedy-cartoon/

leave the comedy to robot chicken. George doesnt know funny:

Han Solo: That's a good story. I think you just can't bear to let a gorgeous guy like me out of your sight.

Princess Leia: I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain.
[Chewbacca laughs]

Han Solo: Laugh it up, fuzzball.

that's just embarrassingly not funny

also embarrassingly not funny (NWS)

embarassing_dog_dildo.jpg

So the 'cute critters' in the foreground of each shot will be doing pratfalls now. Wonderful.

manmilkingcow.jpg

I would have quickly photoshoped Lucas' head onto someone milking a cow with Star Wars branded on the side, but it's not really worth the effort.

Boy, I sure hope they have some robots that are meant to be the film's VILLAINS talk like cartoons and say things like "Ut oh!" and "Rodger Rodger!"

Oh wait.... yeah...hmm..

Yes. It's official. I can't remember the exact date, becouse to be honest, It's been somewhat of a rage induced blur. But a couple of weeks ago my sister visited me. I know the prequels suck. You know the prequels sucks. Everyone knows the prequels suck. But the old ones?
I once saw Star wars new edition. When it was just released, and I must have blocked it from my memory, becouse as you will understand, I had no idea what was about to happen. So, out of nostalgia, and to be a part of my sisters first time watching star wars, I went and got my Star wars dvd box that I have never even watched, I think the plastic was still around it, and put the disc into the player.

And what I saw was a sacrilege. With a big D: on my face, I watched as one of my favorite movies was destroyed with pointless, slapstick CGI. That's right. George sat down, thought, man, if only I had modern day computer graphics back then... And then went ahead to fix up his movies by adding some of the dumbest shit I have ever seen.
I was apologetic to my seven year old sister, assuring her that it wasn't supposed to be like that! That someone had desecrated what once was a good film. A great film. A classic. That someone was George "Franchiside" Lucas.
George "Executive producer of The crystal skull" Lucas. Yeah, I use that as an insult. A bad one. One that I whould even hesitate to use on a man burning down my home.

Why? Why do people let this travasty go on? Why doesn't anyone step in and stop this madman? I mean, look at the prequels, really look at them, they are so bad and piss on the continuity for the sake of craming as many characters into the films as possible.
Chewbacca knew Yoda? Really? And seriously let's not even get into the sword fights. Even though I saw the Darth maul battle as the only redeeming factor of episode one. That factor was quickly dismissed when you watch Anaking accidentally blow up the droid base, or Jar jar juggle blue balls.
With all this, I never really saw the prequels in the same universe as the original trilogy. But you know what? Now, Lucas toke that away from me. And I will never forgive him for it. I hate him for it. We owe him nothing for the real star wars movies. If anything we can probably blame him for the parts that do suck in those movies becouse let's be honest. There are some pretty awful parts. But nothing close to the new edition. He made the bar shooting look so retarded with Greedo shoting first I thought my dvd was acting up on me.
Han. Solo. Shoots. First.
And then enter Jaba the hut. You can tell why that part was cut. And if you think it was becouse they couldn't animate a retarded slug you are wrong. Wrong.

At the end I was ashamed. Ashamed and angry. Angry over the lack of a option to turn off the new CGI crap. Ashamed that I once helped finance this by buying the toys and other products associated with Star wars.
My sister thought it was pretty good though. But the fuck does she know. She's 7.

TL;DR
Yeah, I don't know what this is about and I don't care. It's going to suck.

At the end I was ashamed. Ashamed and angry. Angry over the lack of a option to turn off the new CGI crap. Ashamed that I once helped finance this buy buying the toys and other products associated with Star wars.
My sister thought it was pretty good though. But the **** does she know. She's 7.
Made me lol.

Rizzo said:
At the end I was ashamed. Ashamed and angry. Angry over the lack of a option to turn off the new CGI crap. Ashamed that I once helped finance this buy buying the toys and other products associated with Star wars.

it's much much worse than you think:

During the filming of Star Wars, Lucas waived his up-front fee as director and negotiated to own the licensing rightsâ??rights which the studio thought were nearly worthless. This decision earned him hundreds of millions of dollars, as he was able to directly profit from all the licensed games, toys, and collectibles created for the franchise

YOU created george lucas the hollywood mogul. without YOU and people like you he would have just faded into b-movie obscurity ;)

I just want to punch him... You know? Right in the neck fat.

This is gonna be bad. But will it be Battlefield Earth bad?

Cow_shot_disgust.gif

Some random shit, he's an alien.

Oh dear this is going to be bad.

To be fair, "laugh it up, fuzzball" is a hilarious line.

Maybe that's just because sometimes I like to say it to people who have a lot of hair or beard.

Back