Starcraft 2 BattleReport 2 released!

OMG YES!!!! I have been waiting forever for the next one! Or it at least feels like it.

Downloading now. I'll give my thoughts after I watch it.

I tried so hard not to read the leaked BattleReport earlier this week. SO hard. I read the first few lines, but that's it. I can't wait to watch this later tonight.

I am avoiding all information about starcraft 2 until release. Starcraft carries even more nostalgia than Half-Life for me, and I know it is the sort of game that would be easy to get over-hyped for. Instead, I am just pretending it doesn't exist until release day; at which point I will hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

I couldn't do that. Oh dear god, I'd explode.

Wow, the amount of polish compared to the first one is amazing. It looks so good. Exciting match too.

Wait what exactly are these? Recorded mp battles?

Tasteless' commentating really got me into competitive Starcraft matches, plan to watch this later on tonight.

Wow, the amount of polish compared to the first one is amazing. It looks so good. Exciting match too.

Yeah, I'm really glad they added such a rich and ancient language to the game.

Poland.png

LoL at that video by shaker.

Here are my thoughts on the video.
First off StarCraft 2 is looking amazing. The HQ vid is taking forever to download(still going atm) but even watching the low quality it looks stunning. The map played was a cool map with easily defendable choke points.

David Kim pulled off some neat strategies like building a bunker next to the hatchery expansion before it was completed to put extra pressure on the Zerg. It turned out to hurt him later in the game as the Zerg pressured hard and almost wiped the Terrans out. I thought it was going to end at around 5 minutes but Cooper didn't attack with enough force to end it when he had the chance.

The players seem to favor not teching in these battle reports. It would make the games more interesting to see more of the units in StarCraft 2. Kim never used his factory and Cooper never spawned anything higher than Hydralisks.
Just like the last game Kim won out by using huge numbers of marines and other barracks units, this time with a few of the new air units.

The match was exciting and really intense for the first part, thanks to Kim's bunker strategy and kept me enthralled until they reached a temporary stalemate. The second half was alright, but it's still definitely a must see for anyone interested in SC2.
Both players used good tactics that I will try myself. I really would have liked to see some siege tanks and ultralisks on a map like this.

To me the roaches seem like they're not that great when you could just use hydra's instead. I'm not sure about their stats but that's just from watching the vid. It looks like they're also limited to ground targets even though they're ranged.

watching live matches is not really that bad at all.

Can't wait to watch this, I loved the first BattleReport and I've been waiting for them to put out another one for ages. I wish I didn't have class to go to now :(

Can't wait to watch this, I loved the first BattleReport and I've been waiting for them to put out another one for ages. I wish I didn't have class to go to now :(

BattleReport 2 > class. Geez E, you call youreslf a SC fan.

I have to give a presentation and turn in a paper AND if I miss any more of this class I automatically fail it. **** you!

Game looks awsome, there have been so many MMO's lately trying new things to attract new or very niche players, and while inovation is important, some of us just want a new pretty version of the classic base-building strategy we know and love!

Aww, I liked how the banelings used to roll around. This is awesome though, and Blizzard can take as long as they have to developing the game.

I wish I was actually good at RTS games. I always loved SC, but I sucked tremendously at Melee. I would always resort to playing a shit ton of UMS maps, which did indeed entertain me for ages, but I always thought simple Melee was cool too. The game is looking really good, and I'll probably end up getting it...I mean, come on, it's f*cking SC2.

Any other links for this, hopefully a standard definition one? This one is laggy as ****.

I watched both of them now, the game looks really amazing. I wish there was music in the videos though, I want to know if they managed to make terran music as good as before. :p

That was great. Watching a Starcraft 2 match is surprisingly better than watching a Starcraft match.

Woah, this is actually fun to watch. It's like watching sports on TV except deep, interesting and exciting.

Shame I'm terrible at RTS games though.

****, battle report 1 was intense.
I really want to play some SC now.

Both of those were fantastic, anyone know of any SC1 videos like these?

Protoss imbalance does not seem to be present. Or mabye david kim just sucks =/

I am avoiding all information about starcraft 2 until release. Starcraft carries even more nostalgia than Half-Life for me, and I know it is the sort of game that would be easy to get over-hyped for. Instead, I am just pretending it doesn't exist until release day; at which point I will hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

I do that with every single game until reviews/demos come out. This makes it so i've never regretted buying a game ever.

Man that was great. I'm going to have to put everything on hold for at least a month when this game comes out.

Woah, this is actually fun to watch.

Haha, this... I really wasn't expecting the commentary, and I'd never played StarCraft before, but just watching the video was massively entertaining. Colour me interested.

Oh man... Starcraft 2!

STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT

Ahem.

Too bad I'll prolly have to wait off purchasing untill November or so, when the National Academic Ability Examinations are finally over. :(

Loving the way SC2 is looking, and being a huge fan of competitive StarCraft I can't wait for a revival of the scene (although StarCraft is hardly "dead" even on iCCup)

Oh man... Starcraft 2!

STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT

Ahem.

Too bad I'll prolly have to wait off purchasing untill November or so, when the National Academic Ability Examinations are finally over. :(
Numbers, you never fail at promoting Korean stereotypes!

Woah, this is actually fun to watch. It's like watching sports on TV except deep, interesting and exciting.

Shame I'm terrible at RTS games though.
This, completely and utterly.
I phailed hard at Starcraft last time I tried it. I might pick this up, but I get owned by AI all the time, so I'll never EVER go on battle.net

I generally hate playing online anyway.

Back