StarCraft II

ya, guess it's time for a non-beta thread...

another great cinematic from Blizzard, - the cheesy dialogue of course
it's got me hyped, finally!

Coooooool. I know I am going to love it to the bone.

I'd still like the option to play the English version instead of the dubbed version. But oh well, life isn't fair.

So, uh, anybody develop their own doctrine during the beta? Like my decisive battle approach or Terran volkssturm?

The Metagame is changing so much, you can't quite keep the same thing so much....

I would LOVE to play with HL2.net again, though.

It's my duty to post in this thread. The 27th can't come soon enough. I've now watched that trailer several times and I get more excited for the single player every time I do.

Pitz you're on come release day!

Btw, did Blizzard give any reason for why they're shipping different versions for each region, and not have it like the original Battlenet? (US EAST, US WEST, ASIA, EUROPE)

OH LORD I CAN WAIT TO PLAY AS SOME GODDAMNED 3-D PROTOSS

I should dust off my SC broodwars box set and get me some refresh playtime.

Im not a SC fan as much as everyone else, mainly because it got to the point where everyone would walk over me in MP, but Im looking forward to this one.

Is it just me or does some of that look like in in game cinematic and not their normal CGI?
Key areas look at Raynors gun and fingers in the brief clips... they seem a bit off... kinda boxy... I'm not saying its a bad thing.. its still looks pretty awesome

The rockets hitting the ground looks in-game-ish, but I know what you mean.

Somewhat looking forward to it.

I hope they release a singleplayer demo since that's what I'm interested in the most.

I have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered and I'm about to die with excitement. 12 years since SC1 came out the moment is finally, inevitably here. I can't wait to play the singleplayer.

I might pick it up down the road to play the SP, but MP isn't my cup of tea.

I'd buy it, but Kotick can go **** himself. Oh yeah, and the person who decided on the price tag in Poland? He can go **** himself with a ten foot barbed bole covered with ebola-spitting exploding cockroaches.

A new game generally costs 80-120 z? in general. Starcraft II part 1 costs 180 z? and that's just the basic edition. The collector's edition costs in excess of 345 z? (that's some 100 $) and it's not even half as good as, say, the STALKER collector's edition or Clear Sky or Metro 2033.

And in terms of strategy game releases? It's ubershite. The Ultimate Heroes of Might & Magic collection has every single HoMM game since HoMM3 and is stocked chock-full of extra goodies for 2/3rds of Starcraft's CE.

Goddamn Polish whorebags.

Never got into StarCraft 1(Not much of an RTS person) so not really sure if I should bother checking this out, especially not when I already have such a huge pile of games I own and need to play.

It's the expansions that keep me from getting this game. The knowledge that I'd have to pay another $100 later in order to keep pace with the people I play with is discomforting.

Well, that's Activision-Blizzard and Bobby(Robert) 'The Dick' Kotick for you, he's all about the moneys, even more so than most other game company CEOs it would seem.

Or at the very least, he's far less discreet about it than others.

Is it just me or does some of that look like in in game cinematic and not their normal CGI?
Key areas look at Raynors gun and fingers in the brief clips... they seem a bit off... kinda boxy... I'm not saying its a bad thing.. its still looks pretty awesome

You might be surprised how much of that is actually in-game cinematics. It is a testament to how awesome their quality is going to be. I'd say more than half of the trailer is made up of the in-game.

It's the expansions that keep me from getting this game. The knowledge that I'd have to pay another $100 later in order to keep pace with the people I play with is discomforting.

A lot of people still play the original starcraft along with broodwar. I don't think people will flock to every expansion on it's release.

Well here's the way I look at it, if they're not full price (I'd say $40 might be reasonable) then I'm all for two expansions. I mean considering they're to add a full campaign each time and new units for all factions... I don't see how it's so different from a higher quality Brood Wars expansion... or The Frozen Throne for Warcraft 3. Yes buying expansions suck and I'd like to get everything for free too, but it only makes sense that if they're building full-game worth expansions they'd charge near-full game prices. I can't justify full game price though because it doesn't involve reworking the engine or anywhere near as much testing.

I'd buy it, but Kotick can go **** himself. Oh yeah, and the person who decided on the price tag in Poland? He can go **** himself with a ten foot barbed bole covered with ebola-spitting exploding cockroaches.

A new game generally costs 80-120 z? in general. Starcraft II part 1 costs 180 z? and that's just the basic edition. The collector's edition costs in excess of 345 z? (that's some 100 $) and it's not even half as good as, say, the STALKER collector's edition or Clear Sky or Metro 2033.

And in terms of strategy game releases? It's ubershite. The Ultimate Heroes of Might & Magic collection has every single HoMM game since HoMM3 and is stocked chock-full of extra goodies for 2/3rds of Starcraft's CE.

Goddamn Polish whorebags.

What.

I would consider getting this even though I didn't really follow all the beta talk, but 180 PLN? **** that.

There are keys for 149 PLN on Allegro though, bringing the price down to what probably the original Starcraft cost 12 years ago.

Never got into StarCraft 1(Not much of an RTS person) so not really sure if I should bother checking this out, especially not when I already have such a huge pile of games I own and need to play.

Same here. RTS games are one of my least favorite genres. There always seems to be some kind of cheap tactics and it's just a rush to build your units/buildings as fast as possible. I won't be buying...

So did they fix their dumb battle.net "2.0" bullshit yet?

I don't know. I don't think so.

I also don't seem to have enough money to get it on release, unfortunately.

Pre-ordered, and will pickup my game at midnight. Will fap to the box art on the drive home, while reading the manual, then fap to the installation progress bar while ingesting a 5 hour energy bottle whole... though I suspect it might not be enough.

What.

I would consider getting this even though I didn't really follow all the beta talk, but 180 PLN? **** that.

There are keys for 149 PLN on Allegro though, bringing the price down to what probably the original Starcraft cost 12 years ago.

What's that in euros/dollars?

oh I saw somewhere on bestbuy that if you buy/pre-order their game there...you'll get 500 bonus pts for their Reward Zone for whomever is a Member, thats like getting a lot of money back towards other games. if not sites like Buy.com always seem to have it cheaper

And they're complaining? That is super cheap compared to over here (50 to 55 euro).

180 PLN is around 44€. 100 PLN which is a 'normal' price here is around 24.5€. So the price is almost twice the regular price.

And regarding complaining about the price - Shaker, I'm sure you are aware of economic differences and the disparities in wages between countries ;) Taking into account the price_of_game/average_wage ratio you're probably better off anyway.

Yes, I am quite aware of that, but it is not like Poland is a third world country. Then again, doubling the price is pretty damn harsh.

In the process of moving so I have to wait for the dumb digital purchase. Where's that goddamn dumb digital purchase? ARFHARHRGHGHhh

... but it is not like Poland is a third world country.

Not really necessary in that conversation duder.

You will buy it. Or else.

We got the final price tag: 69,000KRW

...... I think I need to rob a bank or something. Shit that is ****ing expensive.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY CAN'T WE PLAY IN OTHER REGIONS? WHY?

Back