Start Of Episode 3

Personally i think it would be lame if the game just started again with Gordon opening his eyes and Alyx still crying over BLANK. In my oppinion it would be cool with a small intro cutscene showing Dr. Kleiner, Magnusson and other Rebels rushing in to the Hangar helping Alyx up, saying "It's too late, he's gone", you know that sort of stuff. They would stand over Gordon and ask if he's okay. Everything from Gordons perspective of course. Gordon would faint again perhaps. Some flashes of him laying in a bed, Dr. Kleiner, Alyx, Barney and company standing over him. Some flashes of the burial of BLANK in perhaps a forest clearing. Then after this small intro you wake up in the helicopter flying low over northern landscapes with pinetrees and white patches of snow on the ground. You would have control over Gordon again and the first chapter would begin. In this chapter you would probably run out of fuel close to your destination, so you have to walk the last part. The first few levels could be your way there. Chased by Combine and stuff and then you finally enter the base. A few levels in there before you get to the Borealis and a last one on the Borealis itself.

My 5 cents. Cheers

Remember, some kind of massive explosion would need to happen, so we could follow the episode traditon of 'waking up in a wreck'.

nah u can't have gordon fainting its to easy or simple u need somethink like an advisor stoping them in there path, as they can take control over anythink i guess... and waking up to find alyx has been captured??????

The advisor could have taken Gordons weapons at the end of ep2, or destroyed them, since you can't use them when you're picked up..

Gordon has fallen from cliffs,bitten by leeches,shooten from combine.and passed out from simple drop?

I agree on that part, it seems strange that he wouldn't survive such a small fall. I mean he has been headhumped to a pulp by headcrabs...
But if you looked at the askew viewfield it looked like if he was laying kind of knocked out on the floor. Maybe that's because of the shock or exhaustion from the week he had though, not necissarily the impact from the fall :)

I have a theory.

Gordon is Chuck Norris.

And if my theory's correct, episode 3's gonna be AWESOME.

*punches combine baby*

SinBin said:
Personally i think it would be lame if the game just started again with Gordon opening his eyes and Alyx still crying over BLANK. In my oppinion it would be cool with a small intro cutscene showing Dr. Kleiner, Magnusson and other Rebels rushing in to the Hangar helping Alyx up, saying "It's too late, he's gone", you know that sort of stuff. They would stand over Gordon and ask if he's okay. Everything from Gordons perspective of course. Gordon would faint again perhaps. Some flashes of him laying in a bed, Dr. Kleiner, Alyx, Barney and company standing over him. Some flashes of the burial of BLANK in perhaps a forest clearing. Then after this small intro you wake up in the helicopter flying low over northern landscapes with pinetrees and white patches of snow on the ground. You would have control over Gordon again and the first chapter would begin. In this chapter you would probably run out of fuel close to your destination, so you have to walk the last part. The first few levels could be your way there. Chased by Combine and stuff and then you finally enter the base. A few levels in there before you get to the Borealis and a last one on the Borealis itself.
Mostly this.

My 5 cents. Cheers

It'd be cool to spend more than one chapter at the borealis, but otherwise a good idea.

sorry to bump the thread, but I just finished playing ep2 again, and I think a combine battle would make pretty much sense after what has happened, Dog hurt an advisor and every time an advisor gets hurt in some way there are combine forces rushing in to investigate, so I think it makes sense that way, also, in the middle of a combine battle we can have barney showing up, and, there won't be time for too much emotions that'll become boring. Gordon could be knocked out in the battle and wake up afterwards so he'll get some sort of rest he hasn't had for some time now.

My 5 cents. Cheers

+1, except from the part where the helicopter fuel runs out. I would rather have the helicopter shot down, followed by an intense combine fight where Gordon and Alyx have to escape.

+1, except from the part where the helicopter fuel runs out. I would rather have the helicopter shot down, followed by an intense combine fight where Gordon and Alyx have to escape.

This awfully reminds me ep1

To me i would say the start of the game would be Kleiner coming out of the base and seeing Gordon lying on the ground as well as Eli. The chopper is gone and Alyx is no where to be found.
Gordon wake up later on in bed with Kleiner working on Eli trying to figure out what happened. Kleiner spots Gordon and assumes an adviser had broken into the base killing Eli and Alyx went on a rampage heading to the Borealis by herself.
Kleiner tells Gordon to take a trip to another base and take another helicopter over to the Borealis to stop Alyx from getting herself killed alongside Barney that now has a new uniform much like the rebels.

To me i would say the start of the game would be Kleiner coming out of the base and seeing Gordon lying on the ground as well as Eli. The chopper is gone and Alyx is no where to be found.
Gordon wake up later on in bed with Kleiner working on Eli trying to figure out what happened. Kleiner spots Gordon and assumes an adviser had broken into the base killing Eli and Alyx went on a rampage heading to the Borealis by herself.
Kleiner tells Gordon to take a trip to another base and take another helicopter over to the Borealis to stop Alyx from getting herself killed alongside Barney that now has a new uniform much like the rebels.

Yep i just added this to my list of shit that better happen in Episode 3.

That sounds nice, but I don't think things will happen that way.

Why is everyone assuming that hes going to get to the artic on a helicopter,has it not occured to anyone that he could transport there or at least closer to there.

This is probably how Episode Three will go down.

Take off in helicopter. Helicopter gets shot down by Combine. You travel through snow for a while. You find Ski-do, you take it up mountain, you fight Combine, etc etc Episode 3 ends.

No it wont. As you know, ep3 will end the current story arc. So, it will be very story-driven and so simple labels wont be true.

No it wont. As you know, ep3 will end the current story arc. So, it will be very story-driven and so simple labels wont be true.

Exactly, every half life so far has been leading to this, if anything the story will be longer and more diverse than the others, i mean as of yet there is much to be explained about a lot of things so much that you might even say that they won't answer it all, leaving a lot of the game skulking in the shadows for ever

?

Is it possible that instead of the player trying to reach the borealis in real-time, that we find some sort of old teleporting system ?

Of course in real-time. As i hope you know, Mossman discovered it deep in the arctics. Alas, teleporting there would take off the cheerful feeling of going somewhere hidden deep into something.

It took a whole week to teleport from Nova Prospekt to City 17 using Kleiner's teleport. Assuming there's one like it at White Forest, imagine how long it would take to get to the Borealis.

Of course in real-time. As i hope you know, Mossman discovered it deep in the arctics. Alas, teleporting there would take off the cheerful feeling of going somewhere hidden deep into something.

Yeah well you cant have it both ways, everyone keeps saying " we get there in a helicopter but it would take too long"well the only other possible way would be a teleporter

ChiliFan: It took a whole week to teleport from Nova Prospekt to City 17 using Kleiner's teleport. Assuming there's one like it at White Forest, imagine how long it would take to get to the Borealis

That was just part of the plot so the week would go by and get the rebelion in full swing
other teleports havent taken that long have they?

Well I think that Gordon passed out at the end (Not because he was shocked about Eli but because he hasn't slept since he arrived in City 17 like a week ago) & he'll wake up probably in a room with Kleiner & Alyx talking about the future of the resistance or what to do with Eli's body or something & after whatever happens they might even discover that there are in fact more Combine out there somewhere.

Or maybe Alyx will be seeking vengance for Eli & she & Gordon may kill their first Advisor.

& though I dont like it I think at some point (maybe while flying) they might see a train wreck & go down to investigate & find Barney's dead body (Because he wasnt in Episode 2, & he should have reached White Forest before Gordon & Alyx) & find that Advisor's or something have taken hold of him, & then an awesome Adrenalised fighting sequence with Half-Life styled music to accompany it where u kill sh*tloads of Combine (sort of like the first Hunter battle in Episode Two).

Possible explanation:

Going from the idea that Gordon might be stressed, just not enough to pass out, it would be logical for Valve to allow Gordon to be briefed at White Forest, board the chopper and then fall asleep in transit. This would eliminate the need for a crash or lengthy dialogue, but is Valve really going to let go of its past tradition of killing every vehicle Gordon enters? :p
EVERY Vehicle? There's only 3 vehicles in the HL2 Saga & 2 just get left outside a base & the buggy gets taken by a Dropship.

Possible explanation:

Going from the idea that Gordon might be stressed, just not enough to pass out, it would be logical for Valve to allow Gordon to be briefed at White Forest, board the chopper and then fall asleep in transit. This would eliminate the need for a crash or lengthy dialogue, but is Valve really going to let go of its past tradition of killing every vehicle Gordon enters? :p

Good thinking

Back