steam....ing pile of turd

HUGEkebab

Hunter
Reaction score
its crap, the downloads are slow (my bandwidth is good) it does too much stuff for you and it takes over yur computer arrgghh.

annoying also cus you start a download, close steam, and then when you open it up and start another download you have to start from percent again.

useless. ive uninstalled it.

Obviously from someone that knows nothing about anything!

Answer one question, where do you go when a new release or patched piece of a game comes out? At least with Steam it will be automatic!! Unlike with Splinter Cell, where so many people got stuck with the microphone part that they *needed* to download the newest patch.

Steam will do this Automatically!!

mmm yeah

mate, what the hell are you talking about???

listen all you need to do what you say is a simple update button on the game.

what you do not need is a bloody programme that

a. slows down yur computer.
b. takes over your computer in evil fashion.
c. has crap bandwidth available.
d. has stupid options and does not save downloads half way through.
e. makes peoples computers start up really slow.
f. stays in icon tray by default.
g. arrrgghh all you need to replace this is a bloody update button on the game.

why all the palava with this interfering over done nonsensical programme.

anyway at least it has an option to uninstall it.

thdis programmes is evil, anyone who knows anything about computers will know what i mean by this.

also the thing will bloody start =updates without you realising and affect yur bandwidth. iom also suspicous as to wether or not it contains spyware.

gooddamn mate, one simple update button would solve this.

Would you even need an update button? I mean just have the game check for an Internet connection when it starts and if present then check server for file update. Have the option to disable it or let it download the update in the background. I'm not totaly against Steam yet but I know there are a lot of other ways they could have done it without using up system resources.

Re: mmm yeah

Well uninstall it then. No one is stopping you. If you can't cope with bugs in a beta test then don't fecking participate in the beta test.

nothing, its not the little bugs that i think are shiat its the overall crapness of the programme its just a crap concept, there is no need for it is there? ill try it for a while just6 to be open minded but unless they really sort it out i cant really see it being a permanent app on my system.

Steam does resume game downloads, it doesn't take over your computer, if you don't want it to start on bootup then there's an option to stop it doing that, if you don't want automatic game updates you can set that too.

If you think Steam is a bad idea then you know **** all about what it's for.

it didnt save my downloads when i tried and i havent altered the auto download button.
i mean save downloads by saving them if you have only completed them half way through. if i close steam half way through a download of the docks video it doesnt save it (it does however after they have completed but this is only a half job)

yeah. steam is shit. It ****s up loading times, takes up an assload of resources and is instrusive malware. The whole project should just be shut down.

Re: mmm yeah

Originally posted by HUGEkebab
a. slows down yur computer.
b. takes over your computer in evil fashion.
c. has crap bandwidth available.
d. has stupid options and does not save downloads half way through.
e. makes peoples computers start up really slow.
f. stays in icon tray by default.

A.dont run it all the time
B.WTF?
C.1mb per sec is CRAP????
D.no comment
E.dont have it start automatically dumb****
F.so...?

Re: Re: mmm yeah

Originally posted by torso boy
A.dont run it all the time
B.WTF?
C.1mb per sec is CRAP????
D.no comment
E.dont have it start automatically dumb****
F.so...?

a. i dont but if its designed to do that, then it shouldnt be slowing peoples computers down.
b. i bet you its loaded with spyware etc .
c. i never get the highest possible rates on my broadband connection.
d. theres a severe lack of options, and you cant control what it downloads its an out of control nightmare.
e. i dont but when it is set to do that it slows peoples computeres down incredibly.
f. it does, do we really need asnother foooking tray icon, on top of all others.
g. youre a rude d*ick, no really you are.

Re: Re: Re: mmm yeah

Originally posted by HUGEkebab
a. i dont but if its designed to do that, then it shouldnt be slowing peoples computers down.
b. i bet you its loaded with spyware etc .
c. i never get the highest possible rates on my broadband connection.
d. theres a severe lack of options, and you cant control what it downloads its an out of control nightmare.
e. i dont but when it is set to do that it slows peoples computeres down incredibly.
f. it does, do we really need asnother foooking tray icon, on top of all others.
g. youre a rude d*ick, no really you are.

You sound like a complete moron..

If you dont like having icons in your systray get rid of them. Hmm lets I have 0

If you dont want steam to start up on boot then disable it

If steam takes over your computer then your computer obviously sucks ass or you have no idea how to set it up.

ffs im on about othert peoples computers with the slowing down thing. it just shouldnt use all these resources, it should be a tiny unobtrusive programme. a lot of people also dont realISE THAT THE SYSTRAY uses up resources. also like i said the bandwidth for some stuff is crap (fileplanet is better) and the downloads dont save for the vids if it is half way through, this is crap.

moderator can you close this thread please its just turning into a flamewar, i cant be assed with it anymore. cheers

There are pros and cons to steam, and it won't appeal to everyone. Personally I don't like the way everything is automatic (obviously other people agree, which is why they say it takes over in an evil fashion). I personally like to be able to have complete control of, and detailed information about, what's being downloaded rather than automation.

And for god's sake guys, stop bitching!

If you dont like steam go back to lame cs 1.5 and go to counter-strike.net forums and tell them how gay steam is, they will accept that word better

Back