Steam Summer Band Camp Sale Underway

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
Summer is here, and what does that mean? Summer camp of course! Yes Valve has launched the 'Steam Summer Band Camp Sale' which runs from today until the 10th of July. There will be new deals everyday that the Camp is open, just head [url="http://store.steampowered.com/" ]here to view some of the deals.[/url] There are also a bunch of special Summer Camp achievements which will give you tokens to use to unlock different in-game goodies, more details can be found [url="http://store.steampowered.com/summersale/prizebooth/" ]here.[/url] This is the message Valve have sent around to celebrate Summer Band Camp opening:[br]Dear Everyone:[br]Me, Syl, and Tappet arrived okay at Steam Summer Camp today. A lot of our friends are here too. The folks we left back at Valve--who all got pink-eye and couldn't go--said they'd put up the pictures from camp that we send them (after they're done posting the loads of Summer Camp daily sales and publisher packs on Steam each day). The first one (with our new pals Marty and Max) is there now. This morning, Syl drove Marty's car. Tappet had to work the pedals, but we got it up to 87 miles an hour on the dirt! We think we can get it to go faster tonight.[br]The counselors have planned a bunch of camp activities each day. Like playing games gets you special Steam Summer Camp Achievements. Then they say you get tickets for each Achievement you earn. Big whoop, right?!? But, guess what? There's a Prize Booth where you can trade your tickets for cool stuff. I made the banner on the booth![br]At the end of camp, they're giving away some really big prizes: one-hundred campers get the top ten games on their Wishlist! They were going to have field day races for prizes, but not all of us have legs.[br]Gotta go.[br]Sir Roderick Bodkin & Syl & Tappet.

Who, who, and who?
Cyl, Sir Roderick Bodkin and Tappet, the Steam Community mascots, have you never noticed them?
zo4hG.png

I got a tan in Toki Tori so now I'm one achievement away from unlocking one of the little treat things. Wonder which one I'll go for first.

Never knew they had names...

That Lead and Gold achievement is tough as hell.... that's not a game for headshots or 7 in a row of anything.

By the way, this sale is undoubtedly going to ruin my whole "save money" thing I was trying to do.

Cyl, Sir Roderick Bodkin and Tappet

God I hope those aren't their real names.

lol this guy is all evil and cynical omg 'cyl' its perfect and what about this guy hm hes really dumb lets give him a funny proper sounding name like hes nobility LOL and give the average guy a catchy simple name like hes the star of a cartoon show

lol this guy is all evil and cynical omg 'cyl' its perfect and what about this guy hm hes really dumb lets give him a funny proper sounding name like hes nobility LOL and give the average guy a catchy simple name like hes the star of a cartoon show

It's internet humor. For the internet. Stop acting so surprised like you expect sophisticated humor when the target audience is your average idiot.

Stop acting so surprised like you expect sophisticated humor when the target audience is your average idiot.

Is 'it's internet humor' supposed to be an excuse to be unfunny? TF2 blog is hilarious. I always found these guys to be so out of place for Valve, because I know how funny Valve can be. And those dumb predictable names were just icing on the rage-cake for me.

What would you have named them?

Bro Broski and Broskilicious.

just a reminder for everyone how to do this the proper way so we don't have to listen to people whining about wasting their money when jumping a "deal" too soon:

buy the daily deals during the sale, those have the biggest savings.

only buy other games from the catalogue, collections etc etc. after the last daily deal has been revealed.

this way you avoid possibly buying a game for e.g. 33% off when you could get it for 75% off at a later time.

^ I like how after three years of this shit regular members still don't grasp this.

^ I like how after three years of this shit regular members still don't grasp this.

I don't think it takes a 'regular' to understand that the daily deals, are going to be the better deal. I think it just takes common sense.

I've been wanting to get Recettear for flipping ages. Sounds like an awesome game.

Just redeemed 3 tickets for the X3 mission/area. I play that a fair bit, so it was useful. It's easy to get 2 tickets: Just link your facebook profile with Steam, and join the official summer camp group on Steam and that'll net you 2. I did the Reckless Disregard of Gravity achievement (since I'm alright at that game) for the third.

Well. I have 7 now, and I'm still trying to get more. I don't even want any of the stuff you can redeem it for.

God what am I doing with my life.

So Bioshock 2 was on sale for $10 yesterday and now it's on sale for $5. No reason to buy a game on release or pre-order unless it's HL3 or BF3.

DO NOT BUY BIOSHOCK 2. Shit is a waste of money at any price. I got it for 5 bucks as well, and it is the worst port I've ever played, and GWFL is always a piece of shit.

Ah, I was tempted to get it but won't now. I didn't think the original Bioshock was as great as it was hyped up to be anyhow. Can anyone remember if the Christmas sales are typically a bigger discount? I might even hold off on buying anything 'til then.

I enjoyed Bioshock 2 but yes, GWFL was absolute ****ery. I'm not even sure if I got it to work in the end.

Is Darksiders worth the $5?

Back