Steam Update Released!

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
A good sized update has been released for everyone's Steam clients. This fixing some crashes and user interface issues that a unfortunate individuals have encountered.
  • Steam Client
  • Improved offline detection when Steam launches during Windows startup (helps with wireless connection delays)
  • Fixed a crash which would occur when Steam had been running for a long period of time on certain computers
  • Fixed several user interface bugs
  • Changed games to show up in Steam as "Pre-loaded" if their content exists locally, to give users the opportunity to clean up old preloads
To see the complete changelog, just visit this page.

None effect me but good to hear more has been fixed.

-smash- said:
[*]Fixed a crash which would occur when Steam had been running for a long period of time on certain computers

Dear hot sweet God, that pissed me off so much. After a period of having my Steam running, it would eventually crash, and you don't notice it until you hover your mouse over the system tray icon only to have it vanish before your eyes. It seemed to be at arbitrary lengths so I couldn't pinpoint what was making it crash like that, but it looks like they must've fixed it! :bounce:

The lack of posts is a good sign that no new major bugs were released. Steam has come such a long way, it's good to see.

I'm also amazed there isn't a single "still no friends" post!

CommandoSR said:
Steam has no Friends (yet).
Wrong...read older news post, i've got lots of friends i'm talking to on friends at this second.

ahhh man thought this release would fix that super slow down you get when you exit back to the main menu from offline play. :(

Hectic Glenn said:
Wrong...read older news post, i've got lots of friends i'm talking to on friends at this second.

Friends beta, I know.

Back