Steve Jobs looks terrible

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
0826-steve-jobs-02pcn-credit-1.jpg

This picture of Steve Jobs was taken today -- two days after he resigned as the head honcho of Apple.

if jack layton is anything to go by he doesnt have much time left in this world :(

Damn, poor guy. I guess money isn't the cure for cancer after all.

The new Steve Jobs Air.

:(

I'll pack my bags and board my flight to hell now.

That's sad but why is he wearing a skirt.

Relax Raz, Dumbhat is coming with you.

I just heard that Steve Jobs is dead...

.. tired of not getting any reception on his iPhone 4.

MQd4p.png

Maybe that means he'll donate his massive amount of money to cancer research... though it seems to me as much money is donated specifically for that you have to wonder why so many treatments lack consistent effect. I want to believe it's just a matter of the diversity in scenarios and the complexity of the situation, but for some reason I think it's more just people lining their pockets :(

Maybe that means he'll donate his massive amount of money to cancer research... though it seems to me as much money is donated specifically for that you have to wonder why so many treatments lack consistent effect. I want to believe it's just a matter of the diversity in scenarios and the complexity of the situation, but for some reason I think it's more just people lining their pockets :(

Well your odds of surviving cancer are far greater now than they were a few decades ago, especially for children. There will most likely never be a "cure" for cancer, since it's such a diverse group of afflictions. There will be various kinds of every improving treatments. Maybe in like 10-20 years most cancers will be like breaking your leg or appendicitis; serious conditions but treatable.

Really sad :(

As for cancer treatments, yep there are a lot of different cases, and I'd also imagine it's extremely difficult to design a treatment that will specifically find and target a cancerous growth being produced by one's own body (just with whacked out cell reproduction), among all your similar-looking normal cells, without destroying too many of your normal cells in the process. There's a lot of research on drug delivery and targeting. Also, it's probably difficult to ensure you thoroughly remove all the cancerous cells and prevent them from growing back again.

Fake or not, it's still so sad. I am sorry for Apple, but I am more sorry for Steve and his family. This is always very difficult to see. Swayze the same way and Julian Beck as well (that's why he looked so gaunt and scary as **** in Poltergeist II). Seems like the more time passes, the more of us become familiar with cancer, not less of us, despite loads of money going to research. Seems also that big pharma has far too great an influence on doctors and discourse when it comes to treatment discussions. Not enough mention of more sensible natural prevention and treatment. Diet, for instance, plays a very large part in the development of many types of cancers (not to mention heart disease and diabetes). Healthcare in the US is a scam and it begins and ends with the government.

[video=youtube_share;w15BH39QDxY]http://youtu.be/w15BH39QDxY[/video]

But yeah, cancer sucks.

The other thing to remember about cancer is that it's pretty much inevitable if you live long enough. Even though there are many factors which reduce or increase risk you will eventually get it if nothing else kills you first.

Cancer is a multi-billion dollar illness. Humans have proven time and time again that money is more important than morality or ethics. My guess is that if a 'cure for cancer' is ever found (if not already found) it will be silenced. The poor get poorer and the rich get richer.

Fake or not that image is rather saddening to see, as it is when you see any person suffering cancer. I watched my Dad struggle against Multiple Myeloma (and Chemotherapy more so) for two years before it killed him. It's not right.

Cancer is not 'an illness' it's a range of diseases caused by aging.
Also much of the research is funded by charities and government research councils as well as Pharma, if some miracle cure is developed we'll hear.

Also much of the research is funded by charities and government research councils as well as Pharma, if some miracle cure is developed we'll hear.

Caused by aging? What about the millions of children who get cancer. Not really age related but DNA mutation related.

hey buddy whatcha talkin about.

also why is steve jobs wearing a dress?

Caused by aging? What about the millions of children who get cancer. Not really age related but DNA mutation related.

DNA mutations build up as you age. Kids who get cancer usually have genes making them more susceptible to it.
There won't be a magical cure for all cancers until we get to the stage of rewriting our own cellular machinery imo, i.e. effectively genetic modification of our species.

That's so sad, I lost my Mum to cancer last year and set up a website in her memory.

That's awful, sorry to hear about your mum. Your website is a great idea though, just had a read of some of your stories and they hit home with me, mainly because I recognised most of the places you mentioned (I live about 20 minutes away from Cheltenham).

Back