Story details in hl series... help me out plz.

jerkasaur

Tank
Reaction score
Well, I just finished playing ep1 again, and I just noticed, I'm not really getting what's going on with all these "worlds" and their connections in the half life universe. all these scientific terms and fancy words in the game are a bit more than I could catch as someone who english is not his mother tongue language. So, could someone please help me with these questions?

What was the transmition that was sent to the combine world in ep1? What did it do or was it meant to do? Why was the whole citadel supposed to be blown just to send this transmition?
How exactly is the rocket we launched in hl1 related to stoping the huge portal in ep2? What was the satellite we sent to orbit in hl1 supposed to do in the first place?

If someone would tell me the whole thing in simple language I would really appreciate it,
thank you all in advance. :)

-Message was sent to warn Combine, and ask for reinforcements.
-They needed to have enough energy to send the message.
-They're not directly related, but there's a connection (not explained in the game, though).
-Satellite was needed (by scientists at Lambda Complex) to close the rift.

-Message was sent to warn Combine, and ask for reinforcements.
-They needed to have enough energy to send the message.
-They're not directly related, but there's a connection (not explained in the game, though).
-Satellite was needed (by scientists at Lambda Complex) to close the rift.

Correct :)

The message the Combine tried to send to their homeworld was a request for reinforcements, they needed to get the message through to the other side and the only way possible at that time was using the massive energy put out by the reactor explosion. They needed ALOT of energy to be able to send it.

The satellite sent up in HL1 was used to close the rift to Xen and Dr. Magnusson and others wants to tap in to the satellite again in Ep2 to be able to use it to close the superportal. They send the portalcodes through the satellite to close the portal :)

I'm reasonably sure that they never decode the Combine transmission and that we don't know what it was.

I'm reasonably sure that they never decode the Combine transmission and that we don't know what it was.

Well, Kleiner says something about the transmission contains the portal codes for the Combine overworld in Ep1 or Ep2. Not sure where but he does. The overworld needs the codes to be able to link up with the superportal forming. If they get the codes they can link with the portal and send troops through. That's what they were sending.

yeah not quite sure what the combine transmission was exactly, we can only suspect that it's to call for reinforcements or a warning that Gordon is attempting to combat the combine

Kleiner says in Ep2 something like this "oh my god, the transmission contains the Combine overworld portal codes!" "You must get here at once" blablabla this is just from what i remember, could be inaccurate.

Kleiner says in Ep2 something like this "oh my god, the transmission contains the Combine overworld portal codes!" "You must get here at once" blablabla this is just from what i remember, could be inaccurate.
Magnusson says it, in fact, but I think it's unrelated to the whole rocket deal iirc. They were working on and planning on firing the rocket with or without that info.

One part of that data packet contains Mossman's transmission, the rest is something that we'll presumably learn about in Ep3.

If I've got that wrong then I really need to replay the series again for like the 6th time...

Back