Supreme Commander OPEN beta

sure your firewall is configured properly? it could be messing up because it can't send any traffic.

Why would Supreme Commander be the only thing that is messing up? That would worry me more than anything really.

*EDIT* You know the port so I can forward it? See if that works?

OK, well, I forwarded the port, even though it's the same port that Battle.net uses...but anyway, forwarded it, played my first opponent..that was gruesome. I got raped, to say the least...but I learned off it.

*EDIT* OK so I lied. I tried to join another game, and I got the black screen of lockup death. *sigh*...

sorry don't really know what could help :\

try look on the beta forums for people with similar issues

We'll see if trying again works. If not, I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

Hi guys - Do you if this 3.8 Mod allows LAN play via himachi or even local Lan play?? Thanks guys! I look forward to beating you all online someday soon :)

no lan support at all without a 3rd party crack unfortunately, perhaps it'll be in one of the later patches

no lan support at all without a 3rd party crack unfortunately, perhaps it'll be in one of the later patches

Even the latest crack won't allow LAN Play, but scrimish is allowed with it.

You'll have to wait till it's released for LAN more than likely, since this is a Multiplayer beta.

lan is technically multiplayer

and I was fairly sure people were using hamachi + lan + crack to play, but I could be wrong since I never got any of the cracks

Has anyone had a successful non-laggy 3v3 game?? Cause everytime I try to join or host one it either craps out or is just to laggy! :angry:

3v3 is hard to do without lag

2v2's are good though

lan is technically multiplayer

and I was fairly sure people were using hamachi + lan + crack to play, but I could be wrong since I never got any of the cracks

They WERE using hamachi and such, but it doesn't work now, and supcom people say "DONT USE IT!"...yeah..LAN is multiplayer, but I meant the GPGnet system and integrating it flawlessly.

Question guys - I am not a beta tester but i have downloaded the game upto 3.8. I was playing the 2.7 beta using himachi against a mate of mine but Lag and other issues have made me upgrade to 3,8 - do any of you know if i can still play a game against my friend using 3.8?

Any cracks or mods that would enable this would be great. Himachi no longer works but if any of you knw a workaround it would be much appreciated.

Great game! I was a HUGE TA fan and this game looks great.

Question guys - I am not a beta tester but i have downloaded the game upto 3.8. I was playing the 2.7 beta using himachi against a mate of mine but Lag and other issues have made me upgrade to 3,8 - do any of you know if i can still play a game against my friend using 3.8?

Any cracks or mods that would enable this would be great. Himachi no longer works but if any of you knw a workaround it would be much appreciated.

Great game! I was a HUGE TA fan and this game looks great.

There is no way to play LAN on this. Why don't you just sign up for the beta with your friend and play that way? The only reason I think is legit to use the crack to play skirmish and such is if you can't get GPGnet to work...but sometimes it takes some time and work on it...

Come on guys, we need more beta testers! We want this game to be flawless! :D

It doesn't work on my laptop.. not enough ram, apparently.
It has 504MB of RAM, So it says on dxdiag.exe. Can anyone tell me how to up to whatever the min. is? Or is it just.. stuck, there. I know someone told me where to go.. but it didn't really show me how to actually make it go higher.

the problem with laptop ram is that they share it with the video card so your total system memory isn't actually 512 or whatever

Yeah, laptops never really touched my taint for that reason.

Is it just me, or is GPGnet down..? I can't seem to connect. It tells me to check my connection and try again.

Doesn't it depend what video card your laptop has though?

PSST, what's your AIM/MSN/Yahoo/Xfire. We could do some supcom maybe

*EDIT* Well, it looks like GPGnet is back up...wonder if they were doing mainenance installing patches?

gpg is working for me, not sure when it was down for you.

and to stardog, if you have a higher end laptop with a separate video card then it probably has its own ram, most don't though.

gpg is working for me, not sure when it was down for you.

and to stardog, if you have a higher end laptop with a separate video card then it probably has its own ram, most don't though.

About 10AM CST is when it was down for me..

Huh. Stress-test today, they want as many people possible online.

Troof, just saw this. EVERYBODY leave your GPGnet open. Play games if you feel too, just at least leave the GNGnet up, to test it

I don't understand where you guys are getting your supreme commander beta keys from because whenever I check out fileplanet I discover that the beta is now closed. I guess that doesn't matter though.

It's pretty darn cool. A lot like TA, and I like that. I don't like the way the commander explodes when he dies though. As awesome as it looks, it doesn't make any sense. The enemy commander sneaks into your base. What do you do now? Destroy the commander and he'll explode, destroying a nice chunk of your base. Leave him there, and he'll blow it up himself. He doesn't need to be a nuke on legs, but once you hit T3 the big lug is pretty useless.

I don't understand where you guys are getting your supreme commander beta keys from because whenever I check out fileplanet I discover that the beta is now closed. I guess that doesn't matter though.

It's pretty darn cool. A lot like TA, and I like that. I don't like the way the commander explodes when he dies though. As awesome as it looks, it doesn't make any sense. The enemy commander sneaks into your base. What do you do now? Destroy the commander and he'll explode, destroying a nice chunk of your base. Leave him there, and he'll blow it up himself. He doesn't need to be a nuke on legs, but once you hit T3 the big lug is pretty useless.

The Commander "nukes" when he dies to discourage the whole run into enemy base and destroy the enemy com at the start. If you both die, nobody wins. Another thing is that when you play the mode where you have to destroy all his units, when he dies, it's usually when he's in his base, thus making it a bit easier to kill everything.

When you hit t3, your commander is useless? Did you ever upgrade him? There is an ability you can upgrade him with on his arm that will up him to t2 building and then to t3. When he is at t3, he uses more resources to build than the t3 bots..which I find quite handy on larger games. Not may people upgrade the com, but I usually have good success doing it. You can still download the client from some sites, and download the 3.0 skirmish/lan crack and play the computer.

OK, that's enough bullshitting from me :p

as me and a friend were talking, it would be cool if all factions could build another experimental that would act as a big mech or something that the commander could get in.

for example, the cybran one could be like a bit smaller monkey lord that walks faster than the commander and has some AA and advanced building capabilities

the uef one would have a shield, etc..

When you hit t3, your commander is useless? Did you ever upgrade him? There is an ability you can upgrade him with on his arm that will up him to t2 building and then to t3. When he is at t3, he uses more resources to build than the t3 bots..which I find quite handy on larger games.

Of course you can upgrade him. The downside is that the upgrades are quite costly and in my opinion, not worth the resources. He moves slower than the T3 bots and by the time you've upgraded him you're probably sitting on a bunch of good builders anyway, making him relatively redundant. Worst of all, he's a massive liability. He's crap against higher tier units, no question. So if units slip through the cracks in your defense and pound your comm, half your base is gone because of the explosion. What I'm saying is that the titular commander is pretty pointless at late game, which is a shame. There isn't a whole lot you can do with him beyond the beginning stages of the game and I have no qualms about using him as a nice free nuke if need be. At least that way I don't have to worry about him exploding and taking out all my cool stuff.

The commander would be infinitely more useful if you could disable/toggle the overcharge.

the shield and cloaking upgrades are probably the best, especially for late in the game.

I hate this thread, i see someone posted something new, then its this thread.
Bleah.

Anybody know of a skirmish crack for 49 yet? Will the 38 work still?

Back