Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
1276636506_Untitled-1.jpg
[br]
"Deploying surprise in 3... 2... 1..."
[br]
The much anticipated surprise for Portal 2 has been revealed, folks. On stage in front of a jam-packed mega theater, Gabe Newell announced today at the E3 2010 Sony press briefing that Portal 2 will be on the Playstaion 3. Portal 2 will then be on the PC, MAC, PS3, and X360, and the game will be released simultaneously on all four platforms some-Valve-time in 2011. And because the Playstation 3 version will support Steamworks, it will "make it the best console version of the game." Take that, Xbox! Here's what Gabe had to say:
When the PlayStation 3 was introduced, I was the one of the platform's biggest critics. However, Sony Computer Entertainment has proved that the PlayStation 3 is the most open platform of all the current generation consoles and has worked extremely hard to make the platform the most desirable for consumers and developers. As such, we are delighted to announce Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 and believe the Steamworks support included will make it the best console version of the game.
Steamworks will give gamers the access to a suite of services such as Steam Cloud, auto-updating, DLC, and Steam community features. Previously deployed on the PC and the Mac, Valve's Steamworks development platform will deliver content to PS3 owners by utilizing services that gamers have come to expect. Wooo!
[br]
HD Video: Portal 2 trailer

This is an outrage I am boycotting Valve, EA, E3, Gametrailers, Los Angeles, Spike TV, and Sony.

FUUUUUUUUUK!! VALVE WHAT THE SHIT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU GUYS? WHY!!?????

I fail to believe that valve got us all hyped up just for this shit! how is this a 'surprise'?

Just shocked at this complete turn of opinion by Gabe.

I'm more interested in the part that says
Valve said:
Steamworks, a complete suite of game features and services including auto updates, community features, downloadable content, and more. Previously deployed on the PC and the Mac, Valve's Steamworks development platform will make it possible to deliver the higher level of service gamers have come to expect.

So uh is this all thats in store from Valve? Or is there more to come?

Cool that steamworks is on ps3, but otherwise... LAME

Does this mean Steam as a whole coming to the PS3 or only SteamWorks for Portal 2?

You have to realize guys...Valve can't take over the world and not PS3, it's a step up.

Does this mean Steam as a whole coming to the PS3 or only SteamWorks for Portal 2?
Only Steamworks.

I wonder if PS3 users must create\login to an Steam account so they can benefit from these features.

Steam isn't going to ps3. Its only Steamworks, but presumably for all future valve releases on ps3 as well as anyone else who wants to use Steamworks.

I knew the "surprise!" was going to be lame as hell... but this... its not even really that surprising.

SURPRISE! We're capitalizing on another market! Thats totally not what you expected from a business right?! SEE BIG SURPRISE!

everyone is butthurt as usual, haha. the teaser is outstanding.

THis is ****ing EPIC!!! Just saw it LIVE EPIC ****ING EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what the surprise was?! That was very anticlimactic. :dozey:

Is there an area you can rewatch parts of E3?

Portal 2 is coming to PS3. You weren't expecting it, therefore it's a surprise. Why are people saying it isn't?

Wow.
This is just ****ing terrible.
Portal 1 came to the PS3. I fully expected #2 to be ported as well.

I'm not even mad. Just disappointed in Valve.

Back