Surprise! Portal 2 Coming to Playstation 3

I am looking forward to this game, but is there something awkward about releasing Portal 2 before Ep3. Does this mean Chell won't be rescued/found and cries/dies at the end. Does that feel a little bit anti-climatic. After all Chell can't eat 100 year old beans from an open can.

That's nice. Thanks, Lobster.

Guess this explains the sudden release delay. Thank you PS3 for slowing down Valve development. I still don't understand why all versions have to be released at the same time these days.

Ya'll need some moer hobbeyz.

Seriously though... Settle the hell down... Those of you that are bitching are acting like Valve owes you a favor...

EDIT: They have to release them all at the same time because the owners of the other mediums will get butthurt that their favorite console didn't get the game first, and will never buy a valve game again. I have a feeling that 30% of the people on this forum would do that too if they released to consoles first...

The fluid particles effect used on the orange goo is top notch.

I just realized that paint reminded me of a game I just played yesterday. It was made by students at the same collage that the people who created Narbacular Drop were from. Its called "Tag". You can spray paint on surfaces and different colors have different affects.

I just realized that paint reminded me of a game I just played yesterday. It was made by students at the same collage that the people who created Narbacular Drop were from. Its called "Tag". You can spray paint on surfaces and different colors have different affects.

Yes. I think that Valve employed some of those guys. It's a Portal tradition, involving students with fresh ideas.

Pfft, I dont know why people are so upset about this surprise. They never said anything about the surprise being mindblowing, so I see no reason to feel dissapointed. Besides, we got to see footage of Portal 2, which FINALLY got me excited about the game.

Also, people saying Valve is becoming a bad company couldnt be further from the truth. The success of Steam alone testifies to this.

Lol, you know what I find funny. Didn't someone at Valve say that the surprise would be no interest the console people?

Truthfully, I am 'surprised' that Portal 2 is coming to the PS3 (despite hearing the rumors before E3 that it was coming to the PS3) since Valve has said unflattering things about the PS3 in the past. I am also surprised that the PS3 will be using Steamworks. I am curious to see how that will work.

The reason I'm upset over this "surprise" is that its not surprising at all. Its about as surprising as if my dad were to say to me that he was going to order food for me and my brothers, then SURPRISE he ordered some for himself too!

No, it's more like if he ordered food for himself, your brothers, and then randomly some for your neighbors who never get food from him and he left a smilie face sticky note on the box to indicate that he cares.

Wow, glad you party-poopers weren't there in the audience. :p

"BOOOO! BOOO! Where's Episode Three!"

Everyone here already owns a PC, as evidenced by us typing. For the vast majority, this news means nothing. However, for our friends who use a PS3 and little else (I was surprised to find out this was the case with many of my friends) this news is huge.

It's a question of who is posting, and I think Valve should have realised that they were preaching to the choir when they tried to hype this up for us.

Toaster you might want to slow down, your jokes are a little too advanced for these parts.

At least the trailer put a huge smile on my face. I shall wait [a little bit longer now] with anticipation for this game. I'm also so happy to learn that the Co-op elements are separate from the Single player game. I love me some co-op, but a game with co-op needs to be built for it, and when a game is built for co-op and you play it alone, it is nowhere near as fun. Food for thought.

I'm betting my bottom dollar its gonna get delayed a few months before the release date, in a typical Valve fashion, obviously.

Don't even care anymore. I'm so gonna start torrenting Valve games at some point just out of spite.

I realize it wasn't the big surprise everyone was hoping for, but it's still good news. At least now hopefully Valve wont receive so much flak from PS3 users.

I'm betting my bottom dollar its gonna get delayed a few months before the release date, in a typical Valve fashion, obviously.

Don't even care anymore. I'm so gonna start torrenting Valve games at some point just out of spite.

It's a good chance PS3 is the reason for the delay in the first place.

He may be referring to the amount of time it takes to get the game out. As in development time, the PC may be fine but the PS3 is not so they delay it all.

The word 'delay' is so overused these days.

OMG THEY'RE GOING TO TAKE LONGER TO ADD MORE FEATURES ****ING DELAYS GOD DAMN

Someone explain to me how portal 2 coming to Ps3 is any sort of a surprise?

Valve has said they won't be making games for the PS3 anymore.

Back