SWINE FLU OFFICIALLY A PANDEMIC

Jintor

Didn't Get Temp-Banned
Reaction score
X4jaqo.gif

WHO 'declares swine flu pandemic'

Many countries already have swine flu precautions in place

The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared a global flu pandemic after holding an emergency meeting, according to reports.

It means the swine flu virus is spreading in at least two regions of the world with rising cases being seen in the UK, Australia, Japan and Chile.

The move does not necessarily mean the virus is causing more severe illness or more deaths.

The swine flu (H1N1) virus first emerged in Mexico in April.

It has since spread to 74 countries.

Official reports say there have been 28,000 cases globally and 141 deaths and figures are rising daily.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8094655.stm

It's been nice knowing you guys.

**** i was planning on taking a trip to cancunin august :(

I thought this wasn't more deadly than a regular flu. What is all the fuss about?

The only fuss is what the media makes out of it. This is blown out of proportions. The media is nothing more than a public relations committee for the governments, who wants the media to cause tension and fear mongering among the people so they are easier to control like sheep while they take more of your rights away.

Classic way of letting governments activate their "temporary" emergency powers. People dont buy the terrorist bullshit anymore, so they need something new, so they can prolong these powers.

Anyone who compares people to sheep in a negative sense loses most if not all of my respect

Some of my best friends are sheep

i've head a sinus headache for the past 2 weeks. i think the swine flu is equally bad but anyone with a healthy body should be able to fight against it and win. also with it coming into summer i think it'll have a tougher time transferring

Sheep are actually quite difficult to control. I know this because once upon a time when I lived in Scotland we used to use our field to house a friend's flock. But one day when the sheep were scheduled to be loaded into a truck belonging to a third party, the friend did not turn up on time with his sheepdogs, leaving us to round them up and shepherd them into the truck. Cue me and my little brother spending half the day running around and shouting and kicking at the less-than-obliging beasts. Eventually the friend arrived and the dogs got to it, but it taught me never to take a sheep for granted.

I think the fuss is caused over the fact that there is no vaccine yet, and the only way to keep people from spreading it is the quarantine them. Other than that, it's really not a big deal. If you are in good health and live in a country that has readily available modern-medicine, you should be fine.

It will mutate this winter into something deadly. You will die. I will live.

Well not you. Russian sheep.

Sheep are actually quite difficult to control. I know this because once upon a time when I lived in Scotland we used to use our field to house a friend's flock. But one day when the sheep were scheduled to be loaded into a truck belonging to a third party, the friend did not turn up on time with his sheepdogs, leaving us to round them up and shepherd them into the truck. Cue me and my little brother spending half the day running around and shouting and kicking at the less-than-obliging beasts. Eventually the friend arrived and the dogs got to it, but it taught me never to take a sheep for granted.

But the government is run by a bunch of dogs anyway!

Hey can we just make this a thread about sheep I mean I think all that could be said about the swine flu has already been said and sheep are pretty cool if you ask me

a_wild_sheep_chase.large.jpg

Guess we better classify the regular flu a pandemic that will threaten to wipe out humanity then. I mean, it causes way more deaths than this flu has caused, and will cause.

Guess we better classify the regular flu a pandemic that will threaten to wipe out humanity then. I mean, it causes way more deaths than this flu has caused, and will cause.

I agree with you, swine flu is the same thing as the flu, but with no vaccine. People argue "BUT PPL IN MEXIC0 DIED BLARBLARBLAG" but to be honest (sorry if this sounds racist but it's true) Mexico is a shithole. They are pretty poor, and they don't have many medicines.

Yeah man Mexico doesn't have very many medicines at all. They are going to be ****ed for the boss fight with SARS, that thing drains like half your health with one hit and you definitely need lots of extra medicines.

scientists need to invent health packs and scatter them around everywhere so when you walk over them you will get better

Guys I'm a little concerned actually. I live in South America, and I've been doing a bit of a tour of all the latin countries. I recently visited Mexico. Whilst I was there I slept with a woman who had died from swine flu, and now I'm worried that I might have it too. Do you think I could be in trouble?

Guys I'm a little concerned actually. I live in South America, and I've been doing a bit of a tour of all the latin countries. I recently visited Mexico. Whilst I was there I slept with a woman who had died from swine flu, and now I'm worried that I might have it too. Do you think I could be in trouble?

Eat oranges.

And no.

It depends. How long had the woman been dead when you slept with her?

Yeah man Mexico doesn't have very many medicines at all. They are going to be ****ed for the boss fight with SARS, that thing drains like half your health with one hit and you definitely need lots of extra medicines.

I laughed.

And then sigg'd.

Just use piss.

mexico- not the cleanest place on earth and most likely combined with other infections

everywhere else- wtf media...

I coughed one day. I have Swine Flu.

EDIT: I like alpha. He's a pretty funny lad, and has an Earthbound avatar to boot.

Oh noes black death killed 75 million people and swine flu killed 141 people. both are pandemics.

RUN!!

This is what I've been saying all along.

We are completely at mercy of any virus. It's only a matter of time before one comes along that wipes out half the planet in one go. Hopefully after I'm gone, because it's going to be the most heinous tragedy in recorded history, and that's a little too sad for me.

We're all at mercyt from VirusType2's mighty power.

He's a pandemic.

Named after what I see as the greatest threat to humanity. THE VIRUS.

Wasn't Mexico city built in a hole like valley that is surrounded by mountains? Constantly causing a lot of downfall of water from the mountain slopes?

I... think... that... could contribute to a 'Pandemic'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W57pnVhEhjU

Just because the media hypes it up doesn't mean there isn't a reason for concern. This could either go away or turn into something much worse, don't dismiss it based on the abundance of coverage it is getting. Just because we aren't being told to buy gas masks that doesn't mean it's not serious.

Thunderf00t is just about my favorite youtube user, he's the man.

In related news, my allergies suck right now

Oh noes black death killed 75 million people and swine flu killed 141 people. both are pandemics.

RUN!!

You misunderstand... the black death killed 75 million people before it was through...swine flu is just starting.

Back