System Shock 2

Also for the time the graphics are good stuff.

Are you behind a router and the computer isn't? or are you both behind the same router? if you are I'll have a go setting it up on my laptop and desktop tonight.

Raxxman said:
Also for the time the graphics are good stuff.

Are you behind a router and the computer isn't? or are you both behind the same router? if you are I'll have a go setting it up on my laptop and desktop tonight.
We are both on the same router, but we also tried a crossover cable.

f|uke said:
Oh yah! I remember seeing that once! :D Thats gonna rock..

We probably wont see it for another couple years tho

I think its going to suck, the premise - WW2 base, thus cliche nazi experiments ;(

Samon said:
I think its going to suck, the premise - WW2 base, thus cliche nazi experiments ;(
:dozey: Its not a WW2 game,. its another Sci Fi RPG FPS. Games rarely have brilliant premises.. hell, even HL2's premise is a tired cliche. Its where they take that premise, and the substance of the game that matters,.. and that team has produced nothing but quality.

Bio Shock is gonna rock :D

f|uke said:
:dozey: Its not a WW2 game,. its another Sci Fi RPG FPS. Games rarely have brilliant premises.. hell, even HL2's premise is a tired cliche. Its where they take that premise, and the substance of the game that matters,.. and that team has produced nothing but quality.

Bio Shock is gonna rock :D

I know it isn't, its the setting I'm talking about (which is a WW2 base)...and I know we have only the premise to go off but one does wonder. You know, evil nazi experiments.

Ok I just spent the past two days getting this to work, reinstalling windows on both systems and shutting down every firewall and antivirus finally worked. I can finnaly get into his game, and he can join mine. The only problem is, whenever anything loads, it ****ing loads the same area I was just in. **** this game.

Play it SP, because it`s amazing, even by todays standard. Sure the models are low-poly, and the water is textured, but the graphics are actually so clean and tidy it doesnt matter.

I`m probably getting my account messed up for saying this, but to this day, it surpasses even games like Half-Life 2 and Resident Evil 4. Most games tire me halfway through, even supposedly good titles like Halo 2 or Metroid Prime 2, but this game, heck, I`ve played it through 10 or 11 times. It`s that good.

The only game I rate higher than System Shock 2 is Half-Life 2.

kupoartist said:
The only game I rate higher than System Shock 2 is Half-Life 2.

And don't forget Deus ex :p

System shock 2 was truly awesome.

Foxtrot said:
Ok I just spent the past two days getting this to work, reinstalling windows on both systems and shutting down every firewall and antivirus finally worked. I can finnaly get into his game, and he can join mine. The only problem is, whenever anything loads, it ****ing loads the same area I was just in. **** this game.
Re-installing windows to get a computer game to work is never the answer :p

It's almost always something else...

StardogChampion said:
Re-installing windows to get a computer game to work is never the answer :p

It's almost always something else...
I didn't mean to reinstall windows, my "friend" came over and he thought he had the solution, and he ended up wiping my hard drive somehow. While I was fixing that I told him to install windows xp (instead of pro) on a partition on my brothers computer, he ended up deleting all the partitions instead of making one...no idea how, and he somehow also managed to turn my microphone off...but I fixed that.

Samon said:

I always personally prefered System Shock to Deus Ex. It's the whole atmosphere I think. And Shodan of course :)

B-MAn said:
System Shock 2 is abandonware now by the way, you can download it legally free :)
Downloading copyrighted mateerial is never legal :p Companies usually just don't care about games they no longer sell :D

kupoartist said:
I always personally prefered System Shock to Deus Ex. It's the whole atmosphere I think. And Shodan of course :)
Shodan is the best videogame villian ever.

Yeah, Every AI enemy was ripped off shodan.

Including HAL.

Shodan said:
Yeah, Every AI enemy was ripped off shodan.

Including HAL.
which one was HAL again? Is that the one from I,Robot or the one from Space Odyssey? I'm guessing I,Robot

Where can i buy or download the full System Shock 2 game. Wasnt a Gamer back then so i missed it :(

Sparta said:
which one was HAL again? Is that the one from I,Robot or the one from Space Odyssey? I'm guessing I,Robot

Holy shit, please tell me there's sarcasm in there that's just slipped under my nose.

!

venturon said:
Holy shit, please tell me there's sarcasm in there that's just slipped under my nose.

!

Must... destroy.... Sparta....

but jondy, it's against your programming!

Raziel-Jcd said:
Where can i buy or download the full System Shock 2 game. Wasnt a Gamer back then so i missed it :(

So no one knows :)

Sparta said:

I can't let you do that Sparta.

youve been around since may and you dont know who foxtrot was?

havent seen him on xfire in the past months...wonder what he is up to

Samon said:

I liked the beginning of Deus Ex, got boring in the final quarter though.

Samon said:
How retarded of you to bump such an old thread.

See, when n00bs bump a thread and actually add something to the discussion, I don't mind, but when you bump and spam...

No.. Just... No...

sinkoman said:
See, when n00bs bump a thread and actually add something to the discussion, I don't mind, but when you bump and spam...

No.. Just... No...

That was good spam.... i think.:devil: The fact that someone actually got there, err... facts wrong, it was a goooood bit of info. and ah, yeah i did fail to look at the date, i used the search feature and came across a out-right lie!
Anyway I'm not a n00b!

*leans back in chair* this should be fun!!!

SpArKs said:
That was good spam.... i think.:devil: The fact that someone actually got there, err... facts wrong, it was a goooood bit of info. and ah, yeah i did fail to look at the date, i used the search feature and came across a out-right lie!
Anyway I'm not a n00b!

*leans back in chair* this should be fun!!!
Everytime you use the search function, LOOK at the date... If it's older than a month, it's a good idea not to reply to it. Just Personal Message the person you want to ask something.

I'm keeping my eye on you :naughty:

well like sink said, its alright if you are adding useful material to the conversation, but the irony of the situation is that whenever someone actually makes a new thread about something that is old everyone says use the search button, but when you do use the search button and revive an old thread everyone gets pissed off and starts ranting on how to just start a new thread...

its the cycle of life here at HL2.NET!

Kamikazie said:
well like sink said, its alright if you are adding useful material to the conversation, but the irony of the situation is that whenever someone actually makes a new thread about something that is old everyone says use the search button, but when you do use the search button and revive an old thread everyone gets pissed off and starts ranting on how to just start a new thread...

its the cycle of life here at HL2.NET!
But... revive threads that are 1,5 years old (not in this case, it was another thread)???
As ComradeBadger said :
ComradeBadger said:
I'm sure that person is still checking the thread for updates after one year and half.

Back