Team Fortress 2 MANN-conomy Update Details Revealed

I don't know about all those but in the Mann store it says 'uncraftable.' Or hell, maybe it means you can't craft with the purchased kind. I can't really test it seeing as I don't have the game with me right now.

So upon actually taking a look at the prices for these items in game, I have come to the conclusion:

WHAT THE **** WAS VALVE THINKING LOL.

There's hats that are almost $17.49. Bundles that include these hats are $20. TF2 costs $10 this weekend. Hats are variably priced even though their drop rate is equal. Weapons as well. Crates drop, but keys must be purchased. You have a very high chance of getting bullshit from that damn box for $2.50 per key. Crate also wastes your drop limit for the day/week.

Wat.

Also, I got extremely lucky with the Milkman set. Crafted a Shortstop, Fish bat dropped for me, and some kind stranger gave me a Milk grenade in exchange for nothing. Cool. No hat though. But then I played a round and found a scout on the other team. He had the whole set. He had the set bonus of +25hp while I didn't cause I was sans hat.

HEY WAIT A MINUTE!

THAT BITCH HAS AN ADVANTAGE OVER ME?

Derp.

So upon actually taking a look at the prices for these items in game, I have come to the conclusion:

WHAT THE **** WAS VALVE THINKING LOL.

There's hats that are almost $17.49. Bundles that include these hats are $20. TF2 costs $10 this weekend. Hats are variably priced even though their drop rate is equal. Weapons as well. Crates drop, but keys must be purchased. You have a very high chance of getting bullshit from that damn box for $2.50 per key. Crate also wastes your drop limit for the day/week.

Wat.

Derp.

pretty much exactly my thoughts...

prices are way too high for anything really...I can get entire games for the cost of some of these items.

also they need to make keys drop...just make them ultra rare or something.

Wow it's been a while since I played TF2.

So the Polycount bonuses are only available if you purchase the items? That's a bummer, especially when I saw the Sniper's bonus.

Wow it's been a while since I played TF2.

So the Polycount bonuses are only available if you purchase the items? That's a bummer, especially when I saw the Sniper's bonus.

no you can get all the items through normal play + crafting/trade.

just need the entire set for the bonus.(the snipers bonus sounds great till you realise your stuck with the "Sydney sleeper" which means no headshots for you either)

Valve is entering a dangerous territory: microtransactions, paid DLC, cash cows, these things are an insta-avoid for me. Ok, it's all cosmetic. Ok, it's optional, but this is like losing Valve's virginity. Personal opinion.

Valve is entering a dangerous territory: microtransactions, paid DLC, cash cows, these things are an insta-avoid for me. Ok, it's all cosmetic. Ok, it's optional, but this is like losing Valve's virginity. Personal opinion.
That's only because of MS restrictions so far. All PC DLC has been free and they have said all Portal 2 DLC will be free on the PC and PS3.

Valve has lost its virginity, but its not like its having sex with prostitutes

It's not even all cosmetic. They're selling 'sets' of items that give you benefits if you wear the whole set.

It's not even all cosmetic. They're selling 'sets' of items that give you benefits if you wear the whole set.

All the sets are drops, so if someone doesn't want to spend money for items they don't have to. Only part that I have a problem with is that keys aren't drops.

Look you can craft all the items you want but it means **** all unless you have the hat. Lord knows how long that will take you to get. I've received exactly one hat drop (Tyrant Helm) since the tweaked the drop system and zero hats before they did it. My friend actually gave me a pyro beanie to spite me cause I never play pyro. So that's a load of cheese whizz.

And on that note. Anyone wanna trade some hats?

haha. wasn't online at the time. i'll catch you next time.

Look you can craft all the items you want but it means **** all unless you have the hat. Lord knows how long that will take you to get. I've received exactly one hat drop (Tyrant Helm) since the tweaked the drop system and zero hats before they did it. My friend actually gave me a pyro beanie to spite me cause I never play pyro. So that's a load of cheese whizz.

And on that note. Anyone wanna trade some hats?

There's a Fabricate Class Headgear blueprint too.

Sydney Sleeper causes all kind of rage in the Instaspawn 2fort servers. Nobody can pull the "Headshot plz fgt" card anymore!

There is no reason for them to be even available to buy. It's the first step on a slippery slope.

This has to be surprise #1.

I'm not sure if I want to see dollar signs in my TF2, though.

I thought we already established it was surprise #1?

Sorry if I'm late to the game. I've been away for a week and I need to catch up.

There is no reason for them to be even available to buy. It's the first step on a slippery slope.

Logical fallacies are awesome.

As for a reason how about Valve actually recouping some more of the cost of the immense development time they've put in since release?

As for a reason how about Valve actually recouping some more of the cost of the immense development time they've put in since release?

112edld.jpg

lol yeah they're such milkers with 3 years of free patches

People are now willing to pay to play Barbie with their video game characters??? What a weird and confusing era of gaming we are in now.

It's hardly a new one. Paying for items has been around as long as Koreans.

Seriously, Valve has plenty of money, with Steam and all. It's not that Valve needs to be refunded for the free updates. This is cow milking at its finest, and I'll never accept nor approve any form of microtransactions. Personal opinion.

Seriously, Valve has plenty of money, with Steam and all. It's not that Valve needs to be refunded for the free updates. This is cow milking at its finest, and I'll never accept nor approve any form of microtransactions. Personal opinion.
They could probably give out Portal 2 for free too if they liked but there's a snowball's chance in hell of that. I have no problem with these kinds of systems. Not in TF2, not in CoH Online. As long as you aren't buying advantages I have no problem.

It seems quite strange but I've gotten 3 MANN Co crate drops since the update, so I thought why not...I'll get 2 keys (the cost of the minimum amount you can add to your Steam wallet). Opened the two crates and got a pyro Guadalajara (only get it from crates!) and white paint...which I used on my demoman afro.

Found it to be pretty fun to mess around with. Got a ton of items to craft now which I could easily make 5 refined metals from.

Back