Team Fortress 2- Manno-Technology

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
[br]Available now are 8 (eight!) Deus-Ex themed Team Fortress 2 weapons for those who pre-order Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Steam, as if you needed any more reasons. A full list of all available weapons can be found here, which includes a number of futuristic guns, hats, and ROBOT FISTS for your viewing and playing pleasure in TF2.

I'm kinda sad I missed out on these most likely because I preordered from Green Man, but I'd rather have saved the $15. You can probably buy them all for $15 but I'll probably just craft the ones I want.

They got me to pre-order at last, and it was the 'Deus Specs' item name that pushed me over the edge.

You heard me EIDOS Montreal.. you had five hundred trailers, glowing early reviews and the Deus Ex name itself, and yet it was the crappy novelty sunglasses that got me to pay up!

I pre-ordered a while back.
Also crafted the #66 short circuit.

Machina - meh, the last thing the sniper class needs is another excuse for more people to play it (good for spy bait, though). What's the difference with 15% increase in damage? Fully zoomed head shots are insta-kills anyway, so this'll just let snipers get sloppy kills? What class, for example, would survive a body shot from a zoomed 'normal' rifle, but would die with 15% more damage (assuming full health)?

Diamondback - I take it the crits will be like the revenge crits for the Frontier Justice (as in they're gone when you die)? This could be fun... I rarely manage to kill anyone with the spy pistols unless their aim is terrible, and crits might turn that around.

Widowmaker - how does this work? Could you get more metal in return for damage dealt if you're a good shot, or does this just make the ammo run out slower, effectively a bigger clip?

Short circuit - could be fun, but they're a little vague on details? Using metal for ammo seems like a deal-breaker for an engineer... ammunition is already 'free' from the dispenser, why not use that?

Machina - meh, the last thing the sniper class needs is another excuse for more people to play it (good for spy bait, though). What's the difference with 15% increase in damage? Fully zoomed head shots are insta-kills anyway, so this'll just let snipers get sloppy kills? What class, for example, would survive a body shot from a zoomed 'normal' rifle, but would die with 15% more damage (assuming full health)?
While I'm sure it's simple enough to do the math, practically speaking, anyone with low enough health that could survive a normal sniper's shot could die with that 15% increase makes that gun worthwhile.

While I'm sure it's simple enough to do the math, practically speaking, anyone with low enough health that could survive a normal sniper's shot could die with that 15% increase makes that gun worthwhile.

A fully charged body shot is normally 150 so this would make it 172.5... so it still wouldn't kill a base health demoman.

Someone pre-ordered this for me for my birthday. I have to go thank him again now.

dunno the details about the machina

Diamondback - I take it the crits will be like the revenge crits for the Frontier Justice (as in they're gone when you die)? This could be fun... I rarely manage to kill anyone with the spy pistols unless their aim is terrible, and crits might turn that around.
-Yes. It's just a reverse frontier justice.
Widowmaker - how does this work? Could you get more metal in return for damage dealt if you're a good shot, or does this just make the ammo run out slower, effectively a bigger clip?
-It's a shotgun. If you're up close you will have a net increase in metal, but if you're far away you'll lose about 53 a shot.
Short circuit - could be fun, but they're a little vague on details? Using metal for ammo seems like a deal-breaker for an engineer... ammunition is already 'free' from the dispenser, why not use that?
-You can zap sticky bombs.

textext

The short circuit currently destroys allies' projectiles. Oops.

Now I'm very upset. I'd have preordered it from Steam if I had known about these.

Thanks Acepilot14. I'll need to see the short circuit in action. Does it disable all explosive devices within a certain radius? Just sticky bombs? One at a time? I'll probably just craft/trade one and see.

Any hardcore snipers here care to comment on whether or not the tracer round for the Machina is a real nerf or not? It doesn't seem like that'll make any difference at all, but I don't play that class much, so maybe?

Makes no difference...actually it even helps me, the sniper! It shows me where my shot went and encourages better control.

The machina is probably the noobiest weapon in the game. Yeah, let's reward snipers for getting bodyshots and standing around scoped for 5 hours.

The only weapon I've tried for myself is the widowmaker and it is awesome. If you can get a good chain going where you get lots of hits and deal lots of damage you can go for a little while without running out of ammo, so you make the best use of never having to reload. Also , when you kill someone, you can just grab their weapon for metal which just keeps you going. It's great. I find that it's good when used with the gunslinger (mini sentries use less metal to build, more for you to kill people) and the pistol (extra damage output if/when you run out of metal, makes up for WM at long range).

The machina is probably the noobiest weapon in the game. Yeah, let's reward snipers for getting bodyshots and standing around scoped for 5 hours.

The Sydney Sleeper already took that trophy.

Back