Team Fortress 2 "The Love & War" Update - Day 1

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's been a long time since the last major patch, but the "Love & War" update for Team Fortress 2 is finally upon us! After a day-long countdown, the new update was revealed on the game's website alongside "Expiration Date", the promised 15 minute short announced back in 2012. We highly recommend you check that out below before you continue reading, it's just that good.

And now for the update itself. Day 1 of the Love & War update focuses on the introduction of a number of new interactive taunts, including "Conga", "Square Dance", "Skull Cracker", "Flip", and our personal favourite, "Rock! Paper! Scissors!". The new taunts also have a series of new achievements which have yet to be detailed. The icons previewed on the announcement post appear to show that most will involve taking part in the new taunts, or rudely interrupting them.​
rockpaperscissors-png.24802
That's about it for Day 1 of the Love & War update. Check out our coverage of Day 2 to learn all about some brand new weapons!​

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 7,177
  • Rockpaperscissors.PNG
    Rockpaperscissors.PNG
    505.3 KB · Views: 5,858
"This... is a bucket."

"Dear God."

"There is more."

"No...!"

I love the soldier more each day.

That was a great short film. I want more!

If valve makes a full-length TF2 film I will swallow my entire fist.

lel bread so randum XD XD

just kidding it's really stupid. valve has a tendency to make memes out of dumb bullshit like potatoes and cake

TIDETURNER. HOLY ****BALLS.

lel bread so randum XD XD

just kidding it's really stupid. valve has a tendency to make memes out of dumb bullshit like potatoes and cake

Until you realise neither of those things you mentioned were designed to become memes (especially the cake and the companion cube, which were made into memes by the community, not Valve).

I have no idea what this update is about, but I'm in. That video was pretty funny.

I have no idea what this update is about, but I'm in. That video was pretty funny.

The short or our own? Go check out the bottom of our Day 2 page if you don't know what I mean.

Sorry, I was referring to the 15-minute video. A number of servers were infested with conga dancers last night. It's funny on occasion (especially when you're dominating the other team and you conga around their intel or spawn point), but after like 10 minutes... it's like the Sims or something. This should pass with time though.

Back