Teh amazing twilight thred omg lol.

danitiwa

Reaction score
What do you think of Twilight? :dork:

(Movie and book(s). Discuss.)

DAZZLING EDWARD WITH LOTSA SPARKLES ON TOP. :imu:

Seriously though lol, this has got the be the most hilariously bad piece of writing in English literature.

whaaaaaaat? are you talking about the new film called Twilight or?

Both the book and the movie.

SAFEWORD.png

The movie might be better than the books. (At least I hope it is.)

I can not express how soundly you will be abused for this thread. If you are serious.

Edit: oh shit. Okay, you aren't.

Fairly average, but better than Harry Potter.

I was going to see this at the cinema when it came out, but for some reason I didn't. Forgot to, probably. I thought it looked like a good film, though. I like things with vampires in them. I've never read the book though. I should read it some time.

I'm going to have to kill my female friends when i get back to school since they seem to have lost their minds and fallen into an obsessive downward spiral.

I need new friends.

My sister told me once that she like Twilight.

Now my sister is dead.

My girlfriend rahter likes these books and she says the film was hilariously bad.

Holy shit! This has passed me completely unoticed...

Or I maybe I just completely forgot about ever hearing about it... But It's vampires right? Silly ZT.

I have a young cousin who, from her earliest years, I encouraged her to read. We don't have a lot of readers in my family (only three), so I wanted her to read. She's growing into a very smart, very bright young woman with a passion for reading, of which I take a measure of pride.

But when I saw her this Christmas, she was reading Twilight. She's read all the Twilight books. Broke my heart.

But, she did call me out on never having read the books, and got me to read a chapter or two. Uninspired. I told her I'd pick her up some real vampire novels.

Although, I feel somewhat bad, because at least she's reading. And she seems to really enjoy them. I don't know what to think. I feel like I need to make it up to her about bashing these terrible books. That's an odd feeling, isn't it?

My girlfriend loves these books and she says the film was hilariously bad.
I don't think you have a girlfriend. Enjoy your sparkly vampires.

Everyone I've talked to hated the twilight books. Never read them myself but sparkly vampires sound shit.

Although, I feel somewhat bad, because at least she's reading. And she seems to really enjoy them. I don't know what to think. I feel like I need to make it up to her about bashing these terrible books. That's an odd feeling, isn't it?
I wouldn't worry - everyone likes something crap. I'll refrain from making snide comments about Transformers because I'm sure someone else will (not to mention that I haven't seen it).

Does anyone know where that image is that explains the entire plot of Twilight in a really unorthodox way? Bella is actually a 29 year old woman with psychic abilities and the whole thing's a fantasy. Something like that.

Are you asking me if I'm a 4channer or some such? In which case, my response would be: not since the age of 13/14, son.
Where'd you get the image from, then, just out of curiosity? Was it from someone on here? Who's the fa/tg/uy on HL2.net?! Reveal yourself and then roll for initiative!

...no, no I don't think so. I just can't imagine...Sulk? Could he?

No, no that's ridiculous. That's TOO ridiculous.

But...no, no I won't believe it.

hey Sulk, stats me

I actually read the books and saw the movie.

I feel that the movie cast the books in a bad light. The movie was AWFUL, but the books are very good.

Though the books are a love story per say, there are other things intriguing too. There's a lot of foreshadowing through out the book, it creates a lot of mystery. There's many things that don't come out right away that leave you trying to figuring things out for yourself. It also makes you want to continue reading to figure out what is going on.

There's also a lot of action in the books. There is also pretty good fighting scenes in every book.

My main complaint with the movies is that it doesn't follow the book. The characters are off, there's scenes in the movie that were changed for no reason. It has awful progression, for example: In the beginning of the movie, when she first meets Edward he really doesn't talk to her. Then randomly he says "we really shouldn't be friends", who knew they even were friends!

I know a lot of boys and girls who read this book and enjoyed it.

In fact my friend gave me the first book a year and a half ago to borrow. I'm not really into vampires or love stories so I didn't pick it up. I also made fun of her for reading it.

Six months later I read the first chapter, and found it very boring and didn't pick it up again for almost a year. All my friends were making fun of the movie/books so I decided to pick it up and see what was so bad about it. After the first couple chapters the story really picked up and I finished it in about 2 days.

I wouldn't knock what you haven't read. They're actually very good books.

They're not very good, but they are unjustly maligned too.

I find the book fanboi/grl hate of the movie making some changes even more amusing though. It's a film adaptation, they have length and pacing considerations different from books. Suck it up.

I understand that, but they were little changes that didn't matter. They had nothing to do with length and pacing. She had a cell phone and nice computer. There's one scene where she goes to a book store, and on the way back she gets jumped by these guys. While in the book she never walks into the book store and goes to meet her friends. The little changes had nothing to do with time or length, they were just dumb.

So they're bad simply because they're changes? They're bad even though you admit they don't matter?

Fanboi much?

The "Twilight attack" Threads are weird though. People actually getting attacked by rabid fanbois or fangirls because they are overheard saying they dislike Twilight.

...toaster are you a fatguy?

I thought I was the only fa/tg/uy on hl2net :3

Edit - not that I read anything but wh40k threads. Which is basically what every thread is about. But as soon as I saw toaster say Mary Sue my mind automatically leapt to the board.

I thought I was the only fa/tg/uy on hl2net :3
You might be. I'm not a fa/tg/uy personally; I'm a /co/mrade. We're usually the ones talking about Twilight too, but when I read "campaign," there's only one board it could've come from.

Our boards are like best friends, though. Earlier this morning /co/ and /tg/ were having a "You're awesome!" "No, YOU'RE awesome!" circlejerk.

Also those 40k threads bring out awesome drawfags.

I'm going to have to kill my female friends when i get back to school since they seem to have lost their minds and fallen into an obsessive downward spiral.

I need new friends.

This, I'm actually having to resist calling a proffessional de-washer for those folk who join cults and shit and remember they are just girls and girls get obsessed by stupid chick-flicks, just as they will never understand why Bruce Willis and "yippiecayey mother ****er" is the greatest thing ever.

i'm a fatguy. exclusively for 40k though, i ignore everything else. so basically, me too pes.

I saw the South Park episode where the Vamps were getting all up in the Goths' business, so they burned down Hot Topic.

I hate Twilight and anything that will ever involve Twilight. Feel free to hate me unless you hate it too. Then join me in hating it so that our hate rays may beam into the eyes of unsuspecting fans.

Rabid anti-fans are just as sad as rabid fans.

Hey, I have logical reasons for disliking harry potter (such as the quality of writing) rather than the Twilight nuts who just hate it for the sake of hating something that's popular.

Back