Textures are invisible when in photoshop

Billtcm

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was editing textures yesterday and today I decided I'd change the combine soldier texture. So I exported "combinesoldiersheet.vmt" and "combinesoldiersheet.vtf" then I used "quick and dirty bloodlines tools v3.8a" to convert the textures to .tga's. The only thing is that most of the texture is invisible, I've tried to export other textures such as the strider, and manhack and I get the same thing. This is what I get when I convert the .vtf in quick and dirty. (By the way steam is off as it's supposed to be when I use gcfscape and the exporter.)

Source Engine compressed texture found.
Could not find a valid TTH file in the same directory.
Image width : 1024
Image height : 1024
Image format : IMAGE_FORMAT_DXT5
Low res image width : 16
Low res image height : 16
Low res image format : IMAGE_FORMAT_DXT1
Mip levels : 11
Frames : 1
Transparency : eight bit alpha(could this be a problem?)
Decompressed to TGA

and this is what the soldier texture looks like
billtcm-sheet.jpg

Hope you guys can help

All you need is gcfscape and the vtf photoshop plugin so you can open vtfs in photoshop like any other format.

May also like to find the vtf explorer shell plugin so you can see vtf thumbnails in explorer.

I have the plugin, I was editing textures yesterday. It's just that for some reason some textures won't show, the ones that are invisible so far are "combine_soldier" and "combine_strider" I've been able to open other things such as the "combine_helicopter", and other various things. Here is an example of something I did yesterday.
billtcm-ryanshow.jpg

Well since I can't seem to edit my last post, I've put the .tga file on my website so if anyone wants to try they could see if they could open it. I'm thinking it's my photoshop b/c I can apply the texture fine in 3dsmax. Please if anyone could help me I'de really appreciate it.

http://www.k-animation.com/combine_elite.zip

Again, sorry for the double post it wouldn't let me edit.

Dang, anyone know what I may have done to my photoshop to stop it from viewing certain layers, or channels. And if there's perhaps a way to reset my photoshop settings?

Back