All the Transformers in Transformers 2 (SPOILERS obviously)

Holy shit, Megan Fox undressing and Megan Fox running.

And a glimpse of Jetfire... hmm.

I wonder why she is wearing dat dress, gettin' married? :naughty:

Oh so very meh.

Oh so very trollable.

Pro-tip: go watch Lost in Translation.

No Titdal Wave?

BOooo

Heh, if they put Titdal Wave in movie, I'm sure it would be bigger than the constructicons or one third the size of unicron.... well, maybe not.

Dude, nobody's one-third the size of Unicron. Not even Trypticon or Metroplex. Do you not realize how huge he is? You're comparing a battleship to a PLANET.

unicronplanet.jpg

I just realized that, which is why I corrected myself in my previous post. I guess you could call it hyperbole in a way. Speaking of Unicron's size, I think Primus was once as big as Unicron, being that they were siblings.

Yeah, same size. That's why Unicron's as big as Cybertron.

Which I think is actually smaller than Earth.

"Mighty Go Bots, Might Robots, Mighty Vehicles, Mighty Go Bots, Go Bots!!!!"

...oh wait

"Grandizer Go!!! FUJIMATA KAWASAKI MR SPARKLE!!!

HowOldAmI.com_773_20070219233512.jpg

the worst part of this all is that someday I may be forced to watch the transformers with my son ...I ****ing hate Michael Bay and hope he chokes on a goddam chicken bone

aw, come on guys...how can anyone above 16 not cringe while watching this movie. the action scenes are intense, but i just can't take it seriously. it would be so much better if the transformers weren't actually transformers.

how can anyone above 16 not cringe while watching this movie

this^^^

the entire concept is idiotic and was obviously written by a commitee of suits looking to sell toys to kids

mind you I like films that are aimed at kids but transformers was aimed at lteens and adults, not young kids which is what the original toyline was aimed at. the fact that Bay took this film seriously and the fact that legions of fans jump to it's defense makes it a target for anyone who has good taste in films. I'm all for dismissing it as popcorn fluff however the fans wont let us do that, no they must beat it over our heads that the movie was awesome and that bay is awesome when in fact neither is true

Psst...most fans are fat neckbeards who hate the movie because it's not GEEWUN. Just thought you should know that very few people jump to its defense, especially among the fandom. Believe it or not most of them probably hate it more than you do.

Psst...most fans are fat neckbeards who hate the movie because it's not GEEWUN. Just thought you should know that very few people jump to its defense, especially among the fandom. Believe it or not most of them probably hate it more than you do.

I had to google GEEWUN

While the phenomenon is nothing new, when the 2007 live-action movie was in production, the fandom experienced an ongoing influx of mindlessly angry "Generation Y" members who seemed to regard "Transformers" not as a still-evolving cultural institution and business property, but as a sacred relic of their halcyon, Reagan-era childhoods.

ya right buddy, why are so many of these people socially inept crazy people? why?

lol I cant believe there's different levels of transformer nerdom. it's not war and peace, it's not metropolis, it's not even at the level of a freakin disney cartoon ...really I dont understand the appeal. the material is so hopelessly transparent that I cant see how it appeals to anyone over the age of 10

For some reason, many GEEWUNNERS were particularly incensed by the fact that Optimus Prime (the truck guy, not the tape guy) had flames painted on him, a detail that Michael Bay claims to have received death threats over

I have to admit I agree with the Bay death threats but holy shit it's not like it's a freakin religion or some sort of ancient tradition or custom that Bay is treading all over. Anyways the marketing commitee that initially had the idea to create toys to sell to kids and then came up with some idiotic way of justifying should be held up as brilliant marketers who knew how to pull blood from gnat of an idea. Really it should be required reading for marketing students. "how to pull the wool over your customers eyes by selling them prepackaged crap meant to maximise profit"

however judging for the quality of the toyline and it's offshoots it's obvious these marketers had more luck than savvy marketing skills

You shouldn't try to understand it, Stern. I know it baffles you..."It was just made to sell toys! IT WAS JUST MADE TO SELL TOYS!" But you're not getting just how effective it was at doing that. Or that buying toys of certain characters, for some, seemed to create a "connection" between them and those characters. Like, "This is Optimus Prime, he's my favorite. He's the leader of the Autobots and blah blah blah and on this week's episode blah blah blah and it was so RAD." Y'know, it became part of a lot of peoples' childhoods. They'd go out and play with their friends with Transformers and watch the TV show.

It's why you've got those kinds of fans who hate on everything that isn't what they remember, like Beast Wars, or Bayformers, or TF: Animated. Nostalgia sells, man. That's why a 25-year-old franchise is still selling toys.

You shouldn't try to understand it, Stern. I know it baffles you..."It was just made to sell toys! IT WAS JUST MADE TO SELL TOYS!" But you're not getting just how effective it was at doing that.

yes I do, I said as much in my post. look before the movie I couldnt care less about Optical Prime, Unicorn or the guy who transforms into a cassette tape. a. it's the fan's insistance that the movie was brilliant. b. Michael Bay is brilliant and c. that this is anything except marketing to the young and naive as a way to cash in on something that had limited appeal to begin with

"ok so they transform ...now what?" really really unimaginative toys besides the technical aspect

Or that buying toys of certain characters, for some, seemed to create a "connection" between them and those characters. Like, "This is Optimus Prime, he's my favorite. He's the leader of the Autobots and blah blah blah and on this week's episode blah blah blah and it was so RAD." Y'know, it became part of a lot of peoples' childhoods. They'd go out and play with their friends with Transformers and watch the TV show.

It's why you've got those kinds of fans who hate on everything that isn't what they remember, like Beast Wars, or Bayformers, or TF: Animated. Nostalgia sells, man. That's why a 25-year-old franchise is still selling toys.

it's selling toys to the people who bought them in the 80's who are parents now. but I can say that in my expereince kids dont even like the toys ..my son has two transformers (new) and a bunch of original transformers ..he NEVER plays with them because:

"ok so they transform ...now what?"

this is the same for his peers as well. it's neat that it transforms but as a toy it's pretty poor in concept and design; the parts fall off, trasforming to one state to another is always confusing, they're not at all poseable or even bendable; they rarely deviate from the shape the shape they're supposed to be. Therefore kids grow tired of it fast and never touch it again ..I have a box full of transformers that no one ever plays with. even when my son has friends over to play THEY dont want to play with it either. it's frustrating and ultimately boring.

"ok so they transform ...now what?" really really unimaginative toys besides the technical aspect
Man...I just...I'm having such a hard time with this. Like I'm having a REALLY hard time with this. It's a vehicle/animal/everyday item...and then it becomes a ROBOT. How is that...nnngh I'm getting a headache. Like I'm all for other peoples' opinions on what's fun and what isn't but...my god. Every ellipsis in this paragraph is my brain actually failing. I just can't grasp your line of thinking. You probably feel the exact same way about mine.

my son has two transformers (new) and a bunch of original transformers ..he NEVER plays with them because:

"ok so they transform ...now what?"
Brain failing again. Man, this is really just lending credence to my theory that kids from the 80s have some kind of gene in them that makes them love giant robots, and anyone before or after don't possess it.

Still, it doesn't explain how I've seen kids enjoying Transformers. I remember walking around in a Decepticon jersey late last year and some seven year old kid out shopping with his dad and his sister started flipping out.

it's neat that it transforms but as a toy it's pretty poor in concept and design; the parts fall off, trasforming to one state to another is always confusing, they're not at all poseable or even bendable
Wat

I have no idea which Transformers you've got, but aside from the old bricks that could only move their arms, none of the Transformers for over a decade have been like that. Also most transformations on the toys these days are stupid easy. In fact some of the figures will actually help you transform them; certain parts will move and transform all their own when another part of the transformation is complete. TF:A Starscream and Lugnut come to mind.

Also, again going back to poseability...I'm having trouble thinking of Transformers released recently that aren't poseable. Maybe Classics Galvatron, with his legs. Who else? Man I just bought Oilslick recently and he's one of the most poseable figures I have. Not just Transformers, but figures period. Matter of fact...I'm going to go grab him and transform him and count...

ok, so that took all of thirty seconds

I can't even count how many joints this guy has. Man when I was a kid I would've killed for a figure that bent at the knees. A joint in each knee alone would've been like the greatest thing I could've ever experienced. That's all I ever asked for as a child. "Why can't I bend my figure's knees?"

Goddamn Oilslick's got...he's got balljointed hips with quad twists, full range of motion on his knees (he can actually raise his knees to his chest or tuck his leg all the way back); he's got shoulders up and down on two hinges, then another shoulder balljoint, full range elbow joint, elbow SIDE TO SIDE so he can actually cross his arms (goddamn) and POSEABLE FINGERS. Seriously some $60 collector figures (non-Transformers) can't even do the shit this $7 figure can. I don't know what Transformers you've got, man, but not poseable? REALLY?

And they're almost all like this. Even Swindle, who I bought along with Oilslick because he was on sale, dude's a brick but even he's got balljoints and poseable hands (but not like Oilslick does...damn Oilslick has his thumb on a balljoint; I've seen Perfect Grade Gundam models with that feature go for like $200)...

kids today are spoiled. I wish I had this shit when I was a kid, when we couldn't even bend knees. Optimus Prime's legs didn't even move separately; there was a metal rod that spanned them, so that the best you could do with Prime was have him stand up. And now Transformers have like eight hojillion points of articulation.

Jesus I've got a $500 Crossbones Gundam I'm afraid to death of touching because shit just falls off him if you pose him too much, and if you break him there goes $500. But this $7 Oilslick I can take down and play with him all I want, 'cause he'll never break. All the "poorly made" parts that might fall off--which, btw, nothing's ever fallen off any of my Transformers except for Swindle and a Titanium Megatron, which really wasn't meant to be a toy more than a collector piece--if anything falls off they're designed to go right back in. Which means you could even have kids who like to smash figures together and throw them around the room and shit, and if anything breaks off, IT GOES RIGHT BACK IN. Toy "broke?" Gotta buy a new one? Hell no you don't, pop that shit right back in and its good as new, saving you money and crying kids.

Man these are like the best toys ever. I don't even know what you're talking about Stern. I don't even know what you're talking about. Buy Oilslick and come back and try and tell me what you just told me.

I've got $150 Dragon 12" army men that can't even do the shit Oilslick does in terms of poseability. Even some Medicom RAH bodies can't do this kinda stuff. And none of those guys transform into a bitchin' motorcycle with a ram's head on the front and canisters of deadly toxins.

Man...I just...I'm having such a hard time with this. Like I'm having a REALLY hard time with this. It's a vehicle/animal/everyday item...and then it becomes a ROBOT. How is that...nnngh I'm getting a headache. Like I'm all for other peoples' opinions on what's fun and what isn't but...my god. Every ellipsis in this paragraph is my brain actually failing. I just can't grasp your line of thinking. You probably feel the exact same way about mine.

jeez melodramatic much? no really I can picture you having a spaz attack

and you did nothing to dispel my statement ..it IS boring and leaves next to NOTHING to the imagination ..seriously lego blocks are much much much more creative and fun. there's one thing you can play with a transformer toy: transformers "now it's car, now it's a robot, now it's a car, now it's a robot, now it's a car ....now it's a not so poseable robot that falls apart when I play with it ............HEY LOOK LEGO <puts transformers into shoe box to be opened in their early 20's to coincide with the release of Transformers, The Musical >

Brain failing again. Man, this is really just lending credence to my theory that kids from the 80s have some kind of gene in them that makes them love giant robots, and anyone before or after don't possess it.

poppycocks! my son loves giant robots ..however the cartoon is bad/written by a generic writer who probably uses a nom de plume to avoid embarrassment

also I grew up with godzilla, mechagodzilla, mother****ing Mothra rodan etc ...so dont say only kids from the 80's grew up with this shit

Still, it doesn't explain how I've seen kids enjoying Transformers. I remember walking around in a Decepticon jersey late last year and some seven year old kid out shopping with his dad and his sister started flipping out.

? they were flipping out? were they shut ins? were you traveling through Svalbard. Hell my son can identify the transformers from a T-shirt ...because it usually says TRNSFORMERS right on the shirt ..and like any good [strike]wolf[/strike] trnsformers shirt they're easy to identify at a 1000 paces ..due to the overuse of garish colours and extremely poor design sensibility

I have no idea which Transformers you've got, but aside from the old bricks that could only move their arms, none of the Transformers for over a decade have been like that.

the most recent (like last week) is General Grevious transformer ...he can barely stand 2 minutes of playtime before my son comes over to put back his arm or his leg or his head ..the other one was a newer jeep/truck looking thing ..it's currently in about 20 pieces

Also most transformations on the toys these days are stupid easy. In fact some of the figures will actually help you transform them; certain parts will move and transform all their own when another part of the transformation is complete. TF:A Starscream and Lugnut come to mind.

riiiiight ...self transforming toys .....

I find they rarely lock into place properly ..sometimes they'll be back into the car/bus shape except there'll be a leg dangling ot an arm that doesnt quite fit properly. for toys meant to be manhandled by kids they're pretty shitty ..the old ones at least lasted

Also, again going back to poseability...I'm having trouble thinking of Transformers released recently that aren't poseable. Maybe Classics Galvatron, with his legs. Who else? Man I just bought Oilslick recently and he's one of the most poseable figures I have. Not just Transformers, but figures period. Matter of fact...I'm going to go grab him and transform him and count...

bending an arm at the elbow 1/8 of an inch doesnt NOT constitute as "poseable" ..they barely stand up never mind pose in all sorts of poses ..the have ONE pose: standing with arm half raised

I can't even count how many joints this guy has. Man when I was a kid I would've killed for a figure that bent at the knees. A joint in each knee alone would've been like the greatest thing I could've ever experienced. That's all I ever asked for as a child. "Why can't I bend my figure's knees?"

you mean like gi-joe? or the micronauts or action jackson or johnny west or ...hell unless you were playing with playmobile they ALL bend at the knee

Goddamn Oilslick's got...he's got balljointed hips with quad twists, full range of motion on his knees (he can actually raise his knees to his chest or tuck his leg all the way back); he's got shoulders up and down on two hinges, then another shoulder balljoint, full range elbow joint, elbow SIDE TO SIDE so he can actually cross his arms (goddamn) and POSEABLE FINGERS. Seriously some $60 collector figures (non-Transformers) can't even do the shit this $7 figure can. I don't know what Transformers you've got, man, but not poseable? REALLY?

yes really now pose them in a pose that ISNT "standing there with arm half raised" ..can he stand on his own without falling?

kids today are spoiled.

lol, I picture you saying that in your parents bedroom surrounded by thousands of anime figurines, anime, anime related video games and anime cornflakes, anime lady bic shaver, anime disposible douche etc

I wish I had this shit when I was a kid, when we couldn't even bend knees. Optimus Prime's legs didn't even move separately; there was a metal rod that spanned them, so that the best you could do with Prime was have him stand up. And now Transformers have like eight hojillion points of articulation.

but can he do this:

615955419_ac25bb9505.jpg

his eyes freakin move from side to side ...and this predates the Transformers by 10 years or so

Jesus I've got a $500 Crossbones Gundam I'm afraid to death of touching because shit just falls off him if you pose him too much, and if you break him there goes $500. But this $7 Oilslick I can take down and play with him all I want, 'cause he'll never break. All the "poorly made" parts that might fall off--which, btw, nothing's ever fallen off any of my Transformers except for Swindle and a Titanium Megatron, which really wasn't meant to be a toy more than a collector piece--if anything falls off they're designed to go right back in. Which means you could even have kids who like to smash figures together and throw them around the room and shit, and if anything breaks off, IT GOES RIGHT BACK IN. Toy "broke?" Gotta buy a new one? Hell no you don't, pop that shit right back in and its good as new, saving you money and crying kids.

this isnt even remotely true. sure they dont break in YOUR hands but kids arent as gentle as you are ..I have a box with multiple little parts that keep coming off ..the ones that break off go straight to the garbage

Man these are like the best toys ever. I don't even know what you're talking about Stern. I don't even know what you're talking about. Buy Oilslick and come back and try and tell me what you just told me.

I've got $150 Dragon 12" army men that can't even do the shit Oilslick does in terms of poseability. Even some Medicom RAH bodies can't do this kinda stuff. And none of those guys transform into a bitchin' motorcycle with a ram's head on the front and canisters of deadly toxins.

ya well I have a $4 spiderman toy that I can pose to do the call letters in the Village People YMCA song

he can also act like a very very convincing ladyboy which elicits a smirk and rolled eyes from my wife because I'm so juvenile

melodramatic much?
Darkside55
Man we've shared this forum for going on six years. That's what I do. It's there for comedic effect. Do you never read my posts? :p

and you did nothing to dispel my statement ..it IS boring and leaves next to NOTHING to the imagination ..seriously lego blocks are much much much more creative and fun. there's one thing you can play with a transformer toy: transformers "now it's car, now it's a robot, now it's a car, now it's a robot, now it's a car ....now it's a not so poseable robot that falls apart when I play with it ............HEY LOOK LEGO
Yeah but that's to say nothing of the stories you can have with said giant robots. Imagination isn't just limited to the type of toy you're playing with, you know. Sure, all it ever is is a robot that transforms into other things...but what if that robot banded together with your lego men?

When I was younger I was a lego maniac. Lego club, comforter-bags filled with lego bricks (you know what I'm talking about; pretty sure everybody did it that way); legos everywhere. But check it out...

In a remote sector of the galaxy, the Blacktron forces have been assembling a massive weapon to take over the universe. The only hope lies with the Space Police forces, but because of the Blacktron army they don't have the firepower to make it to the Blacktron base and stop them from assembling their doomsday device. But nearby is a planet called Cybertron, with a race of robots that can disguise themselves and infiltrate the Blacktron base as spies for the Space Police.

I had adventures like this ALL DAY EVERY DAY as a kid. No imagination? Get out of here. You can have transformers showing up with GI Joes, transformers showing up to fight Krang and Shredder alongside the Ninja Turtles, you can play with transformers just being transformers but act out scenes from the show, or create your own scenarios. Like, what if Thundercracker decides he doesn't want to be a Decepticon anymore and tries to defect to the Autobots? AND THEN HE GETS BLASTED BECAUSE MEGATRON DON'T PLAY THAT.

poppycocks! my son loves giant robots ..however the cartoon is bad/written by a generic writer who probably uses a nom de plume to avoid embarrassment
Are...are you talking about Transformers Animated? Man. That cartoon is gold.

also I grew up with godzilla, mechagodzilla, mother****ing Mothra rodan etc ...so dont say only kids from the 80's grew up with this shit
Kaiju isn't giant robots, Stern. Except for mechagodzilla. And I didn't say only 80s kids grew up with it, did I? I said only 80s kids have unbridled love for all giant robots. Because giant robots have been around since the 50s, but only in the 80s was EVERYTHING a giant robot. You didn't know if you were going to sit down to breakfast and your toaster was going to flip out and become Toastrocon and start battling Fridgemobot. It's part of the 80s kids' identity. GIANT ROBOTS. Kaiju, Ultraman stuff isn't giant robots. The closest thing to that that's got giant robots is sentai, which is like 90s kids. All 90s kids friggin' love Power Rangers--but not because it had giant robots in it. See what I mean?

? they were flipping out? were they shut ins? were you traveling through Svalbard. Hell my son can identify the transformers from a T-shirt ...because it usually says TRNSFORMERS right on the shirt ..and like any good [strike]wolf[/strike] trnsformers shirt they're easy to identify at a 1000 paces ..due to the overuse of garish colours and extremely poor design sensibility
Actually that's what was surprising. I was at a Bed Bath and Beyond, right? On account that I was shopping for decor and also one of my cousins happened to work there, so I stopped in to say hello to her. And this dad, his young daughter and his young son riding in the shopping cart walk past, and the kid's like, "I LOVE TRANSFORMERS!" referring to my shirt. But it was so awesome, because there's no "Transformers" label anywhere on my shirt. It's just a big, glossy black Decepticon symbol on a purple jersey.

That little kid warmed my heart that day. And I was like, "You want to see something really cool?" And I showed him my Soundwave mp3 player. He loved it. I can only hope more kids in this generation grow up with a love of giant robots fighting other giant robots.

the most recent (like last week) is General Grevious transformer ...he can barely stand 2 minutes of playtime before my son comes over to put back his arm or his leg or his head ..the other one was a newer jeep/truck looking thing ..it's currently in about 20 pieces
Never played with any of the Star Wars Transformers. I like Star Wars and I like Transformers, but the two don't mix. I think they're stupid. So I can't comment on their quality.

Jeep/truck-looking thing...Hound from the Classics line, maybe? Or Swindle? I can't imagine it's Swindle though...how anyone could actually BREAK Swindle into 20 pieces is beyond me. I could probably pick him up, go outside onto concrete and throw him down and he'd be OK.

riiiiight ...self transforming toys .....
They do. It's badass. They started with the movie line; Barricade, the only movie Decepticon I own, his arms are spring-loaded so that when you transform him from car mode you just kinda have to tap his arms and they spring out.

And also, on my TF:A Earth-mode Megatron, he doesn't transform himself but when you DO transform him, he actually makes the "chhk-chhk-chhk!" noise. It's so cool. That's 25 years of people making that noise when they transform a Transformer, and the figure actually does it for you when you flip the helicoptor cockpit back to reveal his head.

I find they rarely lock into place properly ..sometimes they'll be back into the car/bus shape except there'll be a leg dangling ot an arm that doesnt quite fit properly. for toys meant to be manhandled by kids they're pretty shitty ..the old ones at least lasted
Again I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I've never had this problem. Maybe you're doing it wrong.

bending an arm at the elbow 1/8 of an inch doesnt NOT constitute as "poseable" ..they barely stand up never mind pose in all sorts of poses ..the have ONE pose: standing with arm half raised
Dude what? Apologies for the shittiness of the webcam...actually I just realized, why the hell didn't I take pictures with my cellphone camera instead? It's like 2mpx. Oh well:

snapshot20090421.jpg

DOUBLE HIGH KICKS. Now you can see from the photo here Waspinator's very top-heavy, so he has a slight balancing problem. He's still got an incredible range of motion with balljointed shoulders, hips, quad twists, ankles, elbows and split forearms. He's a little precarious in that position but he can hold it.

Now look at motherfucking Oilslick. Goddamn I'm in love with this figure. He's not supported by ANYTHING. You can see, he's on ONE leg, the other leg fully extended, that foot isn't even touching Wasp's foot for support (even though the graininess makes it hard to see)...he's got perfect center of gravity. Do you realize I shifted the bulk of his weight to one side, stuck his leg out there as a balance, and kept him one ONE leg? Doing a high kick? That's some shit, man. And look at his arms! It's hard to see but I contorted them into a ridiculous pose to not only keep the weight on that side, but also to show you they move more than 1/8 of an inch. Look at the front-most arm (his right arm, left side of the picture). That arm is going across his chest. Even if you have GI Joes, Dragons, Cy Girls, Medicom Real Action Heroes, Hot Toys figures...all those high quality figures, you KNOW how ballsy it is to actually have a figure REACH ACROSS THEIR OWN CHEST. It's literally one of the pinnacles of poseability. In my entire collection I've only got one single figure that can actually do a complete "arms folded" pose, so that says something about how ballsy it is to even get across like that.

Also check this out:

snapshot200904211.jpg

LOOK AT THAT. THAT IS GLORIOUS.

Blackarachnia is standing on ONE LEG, with the OTHER LEG crossed over. I just realized in the picture it looks like there's a wire holding her up, but it's in the background. There is absolutely NOTHING supporting her at all. Those wires are twisty-ties from action figures; I keep a lot of them around because they've got a million-and-one uses. But yeah, so she's standing there with one leg crossed over the other, free-standing with no support, looking like an ancient mantis-style kung fu master.

And look at her arms. Her left arm is tucked back, shoulder up, arm behind her head. BEHIND HER HEAD. Go take an inventory of your son's action figures or any old GI Joes you might have and see how many can get their whole arm behind their head, as if they were stretching. Not just the hand behind the head, but the entire forearm passing behind the head like they were doing a side stretch. 1/8 of an inch? Man. You really ought to know what you're talking about before you say "Transformers can only do one kind of pose" when you're talking to a guy who has a shitload of them right here to actually test out what they can do.

you mean like gi-joe? or the micronauts or action jackson or johnny west or ...hell unless you were playing with playmobile they ALL bend at the knee
Naw, man. So many figures in that era just could NOT move their knees. Old 70s Star Wars figures. Ninja Turtles. Thundercats. He-Man. GI Joe could move their knees, it's true...except that the 3in. GI Joe figures had their legs on a rubberband hip, so move their legs too much and SNAP! There goes your figure. Cannot be fixed. Where are you going to find a replacement rubberband like the ones they used? Had to buy a new one.

The knee and the elbow, those were the holy grail of joints. You have to remember man, what kids played with in every era are different. Kids in the 80s weren't playing with Action Jackson. They were playing with He-Man. And He-Man was stuck in permanent squat and couldn't move a goddamned thing on him except up and down legs and arms, and his head turned right and left. Five joints. Five.

yes really now pose them in a pose that ISNT "standing there with arm half raised" ..can he stand on his own without falling?
See above. Standing on ONE LEG, baby!

lol, I picture you saying that in your parents bedroom surrounded by thousands of anime figurines, anime, anime related video games and anime cornflakes, anime lady bic shaver, anime disposible douche etc
You know I really have very few anime things. Extremely few. Looking at my collection from where I'm sitting right now...there're like next to no anime things. From where I can see I've got some Mai Otome figures, and a Macross veritech fighter (Max's, because he was the coolest IMO), Gurren Lagann...uh...I've got some little figurines of some characters standing up but they're not really prominent. And then there are some figures laying on my desk because I haven't moved them. I think there's like...three. Yeah, there's a Saber, a Yotsuba, and an Elise chilling with Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander. I'd arrange them but I'm moving again. I really have very little anime stuff.

I guess you could kinda count my diecast Voltron as an anime thing, since he was Go Lion in Japan. But naw screw that he's Voltron.

but can he do this:

615955419_ac25bb9505.jpg

his eyes freakin move from side to side ...and this predates the Transformers by 10 years or so
Hm, no, that's a really awesome feature. The only recent figure I've seen that has moveable eyes are Hot Toys Joker, oh and my Coraline doll! She can move her eyes. You pop off her face and rotate the eyes.

this isnt even remotely true. sure they dont break in YOUR hands but kids arent as gentle as you are ..I have a box with multiple little parts that keep coming off ..the ones that break off go straight to the garbage
I guess. I dunno, I was a pretty finicky kid with my action figures, real gentle. In fact I hated when my dumbass friends would come over and start banging my toys together. Little shits. Even at 3 years old I knew that's how things broke. Man I had G1 Galvatron when I was 3, dude. 1986, got him for my birthday. I remember that birthday. I even had an Optimus Prime cake. And G1 Galvatron...he wasn't really fickle, but you couldn't manhandle that sucker, or he'd break for sure. He wasn't like the Transformers of 1984 that I'd gotten, like Prime, who was just a solid lump of metal. Galvatron was almost all plastic and had delicate innards for all the light and sound action. I treated that toy like a million dollars in my hands.

But yeah I know that kids can be super rough on figures (again, I had idjit friends who thought playing was smashing two figures against each other like goddamned retards), but I'm saying man. I could probably do a whole lot to these figures before they actually fell into complete disrepair. Unless you're ACTIVELY trying to snap something off at a rigid point, like you take a part with no joint...say a torso...and you just wrrrrrrrrrrench it until SNAP! Yeah, that's the only way I can see that these'd get hurt. I bet I could pick up my Lugnut right now and chuck him at a wall and he'd be like, "Lol whatever, fleshling. Glory to Megatron."

Last edited:
"Mighty Go Bots, Might Robots, Mighty Vehicles, Mighty Go Bots, Go Bots!!!!"

Wrong, so very very very wrong, bro. Unless Optimus Prime was in Power Rangers. Epic fail

the worst part of this all is that someday I may be forced to watch the transformers with my son ...I ****ing hate Michael Bay and hope he chokes on a goddam chicken bone

whambulance.jpg

I think most Action Force figures in the 80s were repackaged GI Joes. So yeah, those were like the only guys who bent at the knees in that time.

Hot damn, really excited. Saw the old trailer in the previews for Crank 2 and it was ****ing sweet as shit on the big screen.

Hall yes I do. So, so loving Jetfire.

Hot damn, really excited. Saw the old trailer in the previews for Crank 2 and it was ****ing sweet as shit on the big screen.

Hell yeah, this is without a doubt one of the most anticipated movies of this year, if not the most. Makes me feel like a kid again. :)

Yeah, I've seen this already.

Do you like cheese?
Do you like corn?
Then you'll love corny cheese!

obvious-troll.jpg

Criticism of shit = trolling?

I haven't heard of that definition before.

Man those are way too over detailed.

Criticism of shit = trolling?

I haven't heard of that definition before.

Yes, but you have been doing this all the time, you, Stern, etc. We get it, you hate Transformers. If you don't like it, then just go watch a intellectual art film. :rolleyes:
It isn't criticism, its beating a dead horse - and that is what it has come to.

*insert beating dead horse picture*

No, I wasn't say "I hate this it's shit" I was saying "This is cheesy and corny". One a repetition of opinion, the other a specific critcism. Dur hur hur.

Oh and if you don't like michael bay's crap obviously the only other option is watching art house :rolleyes:.

I see the UK gets Transformers 2 nine days before the states.

For those interested:
http://www.empireonline.com/feature...e-of-the-fallen-trailer-breakdown/default.asp

Do you like cheese?
Do you like corn?
Then you'll love corny cheese!

is this really the plot of the movie? sounds idiotic. the blatant GM shilling is back I see. damn Bay is such a hack. but's no surprise:

In 1994, Bay was honored by the Directors Guild of America as Commercial Director of the Year

Michael Bay's movies Armageddon and Pearl Harbor were nominated for worst pictures in the Golden Raspberry Awards 1998 and 2001, Bay was also nominated for worst director.

also wtf is John Turturro doing in a Transformers movie? he's the only capable person in the entire series which isnt saying much because the other principle leads couldnt play a character role if their life depended on it. Barton fink has done more in a single scene than Sharia or Fox will in their entire careers

"Bumblebee is stuck in Sam's garage. It's really kind of sad," says Michael Bay. "He really doesn't want to leave Sam's side and has a little tantrum which wrecks the house. So the mom decides she wants the psychotic alien out of her house."

michael bay sounds like he's 12 and or retarded

also since when is commenting on a trailer in a thread about a trailer trolling? ffs people just because some people dont agree with you that this trailer/movie/subject matter is the next thing since sliced bread it doesnt mean they're trolling.

really you people are faaaar too over defensive when it comes to transformers, it's like you know you're silly for liking something so silly to the extent you do exept you dont want to be called out on it. well that's too freakin bad. nothing is sacred here. I'll comment negtively if I want to JUST like I'll comment positively if I want to. you cant dismiss something simply because it doesnt agree with your pov. seriously this wouldnt even be an issue if you guys didnt go out of your way to prove that Transformers is great movie or whatever. face it Bay is a hack, and his movies are product placement shlock ...but that doesnt mean it cant be an enjoyable movie. just be honest and leave the fanboyism at home, you'll enjoy it more and not get upset when some people say it's forgettable flotsom is a sea of mediocrity

...this thread was buried for a month and I had to dig it up to post the voice of Spongebob calling Megan Fox a crazy bitch and Stern already had quotes armed and a paragraph about Transformers fanboys at the ready.

no, like 99% of the stuff I post there was no planning. just an observation I've made over the trend of slamming anyone who even remotely critcises this series

so you're saying people slam people for liking this? ok that's true but to be fair it's usually only those who INSISt it's a great movie. those who point out it's hack work but enjoyable are not criticised ...so it's have the reaction we want or ELSE!

so you're saying people slam people for liking this? ok that's true but to be fair it's usually only those who INSISt it's a great movie. those who point out it's hack work but enjoyable are not criticised ...so it's have the reaction we want or ELSE!

Well I don't know any one who was ever condemned for being critical of Transformers.

Basically there are three types of people:

1) Those that like Transformers and believe it to be great (morons)
2) Those that like Transformers knowing that its incredibly shallow and stupid
3) Those that don't like Transformers

Well I don't know any one who was ever condemned for being critical of Transformers.

Basically there are three types of people:

1) Those that like Transformers and believe it to be great (morons)
2) Those that like Transformers knowing that its incredibly shallow and stupid
3) Those that don't like Transformers
4) Those who hate Michael Bay
5) Those that couldnt care less about the transformers but find it amusing/shocking people say it's the best movie evah!

fixed

I'm somewhere between 4 and 5

Back