The big misc Politics thread

The Dark Elf

Reaction score
Your ONLY political thread <--- post your political stuff in here ONLY

Wanna bitch about politics? USE THIS THREAD

you closed my 'political thread' thread ;(
it was overflowing with wit and whimsy ;(

oh and bush sux. :)

Wow, you've gone quite harsh on the political threads, jeesh..

I thinks it's abit sad that Bush won, guess he managed to win the hearts of too many patriotic anti-gay middle-eastern hating rednecks..

CrazyHarij said:

I thinks it's abit sad that Bush won, guess he managed to win the hearts of too many patriotic anti-gay middle-eastern hating rednecks..

Yeah...does it cause you to lose sleep at night I wonder.

CrazyHarij said:

We let them go on and on and on, but enough is quite enough.

I did make this sticky thread, so not entirely harsh.. Just trying to keep the place clean, far too many threads all about the same thing. This way people can still post about that stuff without annoying the other users, and a LOT of users are complaining now. It's been going on for weeks, so enough is enough.

No Dark elf is right, political threads are fine unless you all act like dumb shits, and lets face, most of you where.

Anyways, Im from the UK so I did'nt care either way.

edit: DE posts faster then I do.

Well I'm glad I have vision problems (severe vision problems), so I can't get drafted when bush brings back the draft when he invades Iran.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Yeah...does it cause you to lose sleep at night I wonder.

Not at all, however maybe you should consider that in times like these it's popular to pay more attention to and express your views on politics, it doesn't stop just because the election is finished.

Are you going to close down the HL2 Discussion forum once Half-Life 2 is released?

I usually stay away from Political threads, but I'll see and post here. I'm hoping to learn a thing or two.

CrazyHarij said:
Not at all, however maybe you should consider that in times like these it's popular to pay more attention to and express your views on politics, it doesn't stop just because the election is finished.

Are you going to close down the HL2 Discussion forum once Half-Life 2 is released?

I assume you are refering to my sticky...I was simply refering to the fact that people are still debating like it will change the past.

It will not. -and I did not say that people should stop debating, but that they should simply take into consideration the place and the time. I was asking, and perhaps telling them to calm down.

You are acting on the border of childish with that Hl2 comment, and my simple answer is no :|

Oh, and you do't lose sleep over an issue you portray as being so important? Well I believe mr.Reak said it best...its obvious you don't care, and in fact most of the world doesn't care. We only pretend to for whatever selfish reasons we have. Cynical? Perhaps...but there is some truth.

Ritz said:
No Dark elf is right, political threads are fine unless you all act like dumb shits, and lets face, most of you where.

Anyways, Im from the UK so I did'nt care either way.
you do realize we're bombing you next right? it's the dragons.. we need critish dragons of lore for our war on terrorism!

CrazyHarij said:

Hopefully people can keep it civil within this thread

Remember, this isn't a politics forum.. which makes your example a mute point.

It got out of hand.. been like that for weeks, tons of threads, all the same subject, cluttering the offtopic section. Until people calm down or you get your own politics section.. it remains like this.

MY APOLOGIES TO THE WORLD
America was unable to get its fscking act together and now we're all screwed.

haha this is so cool... i can say what i like and bitch all i want and u cant do anything

bush and kerry suck!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is it with you guys? There was a huge election in the United States that will affect the course of the world and has left a huge number of people very, very angry and you say we're bitching/moaning/complaining and dwelling on the past, close all threads relating to politics, and give us one thread to speak in? What the **** were you expecting in the off-topic forum exactly? Why aren't we allowed to make topics on what we wish to talk about? Why the bullshit quite frankly? Your reasons aren't making much sense.

I hate bush.
yay.
but I don't care because I hate kerry too.

anyway, imo: the first step to get rid of bush should've been to get rid of fox news.

qckbeam said:
What is it with you guys? There was a huge election in the United States that will affect the course of the world and has left a huge number of people very, very angry and you say we're bitching/moaning/complaining and dwelling on the past, close all threads relating to politics, and give us one thread to speak in? What the **** were you expecting in the off-topic forum exactly? Why aren't we allowed to make topics on what we wish to talk about? Why the bullshit quite frankly? Your reasons aren't making much sense.

You know, my initial answer to this was the typically arrogant one of

"So?"

However I am going to say that my sticky explains itself really, and if you do have a problem with that, then its not really my problem. There isn't a lot more for me to add(To what I said previously in other threads and the sticky) really

So the sticky is your answer? Well your sticky is quite frankly a load of bullshit. Telling everyone to listen up or shut up is just stupid. Saying that the anger over the election that ended only hours ago is whining, bitching, moaning and complaining is stupid. Telling us we can only talk about it in this thread is stupid. I don't care if it's a gaming forum, this is off-topic chat. This is all a load of bullshit and some of us do have a problem with it and you can bet it'll be your problem as well.

Farrowlesparrow said:
I assume you are refering to my sticky...I was simply refering to the fact that people are still debating like it will change the past.

It will not. -and I did not say that people should stop debating, but that they should simply take into consideration the place and the time. I was asking, and perhaps telling them to calm down.

It did look alot more like telling people to shut the f*ck up since "nobody" cares about politics, regarding your whole intent on the topic.

You are acting on the border of childish with that Hl2 comment, and my simple answer is no :|

Well then, good that I'm surrounded by so mature people then.
I was implying that suddenly forbidding politic discussion to the point of this, banning people for posting a politic thread, is perhaps just a little to the extreme? But then again, it doesn't seem to be that obvious to you in comparison of the HL2 comment.

Oh, and you do't lose sleep over an issue you portray as being so important? Well I believe mr.Reak said it best...its obvious you don't care, and in fact most of the world doesn't care. We only pretend to for whatever selfish reasons we have. Cynical? Perhaps...but there is some truth.

Well, I may not be 100% interested into politics but at least I am respecting the fact that there's people who are, to an extent, we have alot of great debaters on here and they deserve to have an environment where they can at least exchange ideas on this subject, right?

Hopefully people can keep it civil within this thread

Remember, this isn't a politics forum.. which makes your example a mute point.

It got out of hand.. been like that for weeks, tons of threads, all the same subject, cluttering the offtopic section. Until people calm down or you get your own politics section.. it remains like this.

Last time I checked, this section is an off-topic forum. I hope you realise that this whole forum is so big by now that discussion on major world subjects is inevitable, and instead of prohibiting it the way you do now, you should let it stay within reasonable limits. This is just comparable to the way North Korea forbid people to freely discuss foreign matters.

Anyhow, just my two cents.. Encourage people to speak in a civilised matter rather than prohibiting them from speaking in a matter at all. :)

CrazyHarij said:
Last time I checked, this section is an off-topic forum. I hope you realise that this whole forum is so big by now that discussion on major world subjects is inevitable, and instead of prohibiting it the way you do now, you should let it stay within reasonable limits. This is just comparable to the way North Korea forbid people to freely discuss foreign matters.

Anyhow, just my two cents.. Encourage people to speak in a civilised matter rather than prohibiting them from speaking in a matter at all. :)

I atleast gave you a thread for it, nobody told me to, was my choice.. Either just keep deleting them as they crop up or give you a place to talk about it until we get a politics forum sorted

Just a shame some people are getting pretty vocal/nasty about it (not you Crazy) and making the rest of you who want to talk about politics look silly :(

The Dark Elf said:
I atleast gave you a thread for it, nobody told me to, was my choice..
oooh.. what are you some kind of big "super mod.. oh wait.. nvm. :|

I atleast gave you a thread for it, nobody told me to, was my choice.. Either just keep deleting them as they crop up or give you a place to talk about it until we get a politics forum sorted

Just a shame some people are getting pretty vocal/nasty about it (not you Crazy) and making the rest of you who want to talk about politics look silly
I agree. I wish this sort of thing could be discussed without some of the stuff found on the first page. ;(

The Dark Elf said:

Just a shame some people are getting pretty vocal/nasty about it (not you Crazy) and making the rest of you who want to talk about politics look silly :(

Yes, I guess you have a point.. The amount of spam and flaming some people have performed within such a short timespan is awful. :|

I don't want to be rude or tell you how to run your own site,
all I'm asking for is that you could consider letting people speak about it freely once things have cooled down in a while. :E

Everyone has their own interests, what you don't give a rats ass about might be a big part of someone elses interests.. Though I doubt this is something I have to say. :p

CrazyHarij said:
Yes, I guess you have a point.. The amount of spam and flaming some people have performed within such a short timespan is awful. :|

I don't want to be rude or tell you how to run your own site,
all I'm asking for is that you could consider letting people speak about it freely once things have cooled down in a while. :E

Everyone has their own interests, what you don't give a rats ass about might be a big part of someone elses interests.. Though I doubt this is something I have to say. :p
Once the political forum is sorted all the threads will be undeleted and moved into there and unlocked, you can then talk about it as much as you want in as many threads as you want.

For now this will have to do.

oh there's going to be a poli forum? i was kinda hoping they'd all just be deleted from now on :(

oh and on-topic..
american people > common sense

qckbeam said:
So the sticky is your answer? Well your sticky is quite frankly a load of bullshit. Telling everyone to listen up or shut up is just stupid. Saying that the anger over the election that ended only hours ago is whining, bitching, moaning and complaining is stupid. Telling us we can only talk about it in this thread is stupid. I don't care if it's a gaming forum, this is off-topic chat. This is all a load of bullshit and some of us do have a problem with it and you can bet it'll be your problem as well.

d0Nt d1S Teh Stickeh!!

The amount of spam and flaming some people have performed within such a short timespan is awful

CrazyHarij, some people? You mean yourself right.

Glad to see you have an open mind. Why not just congratulate the winner and move on. We wont get anywhere by just sitting back and hurling insults at each other.

I am ashamed of my country right now. It may be an irrational shame, but it exists nonetheless. I'm ashamed that issues such as gay marriage and stem cell research were considered more important than the well-being of our economy and a disastrous war that has claimed thousands of lives. I'm ashamed that everybody cried for impeachment when Clinton lied about getting head, but nobody did squat when Bush lied about Iraq. I'm ashamed that my fellow Americans are willing to put themselves through four more years of bullshit color-coded alerts, the orchestrated fear of a terrorist attack, and a false sense of safety. I'm ashamed that so many people bought into the lies that the conservative media threw at them.

And right now, I want that dastardly little pretzel to attempt an assassination on Bush a second time. But I know that if Bush were to die, he'd only be replaced by an even more evil bastard: Dick Cheney.

neptuneuk said:
d0Nt d1S Teh Stickeh!!

Well I just don't understand how "The Weather Thread" and other assorted meaningless topics (no offense to their creators at all) are allowed but now, after a very large world event has taken place, we are stuck to one thread and on thread alone and told that we can bitch and moan in here. It's degrading, it's stupid, and as I've said many times already, it's a load of bullshit. I'll be vocal, and I'll be nasty about it, because it's just so ridiculous. Can't talk about movies in OT, can't talk about games in OT, can't talk about telelvision or music in OT, can't talk about politics in OT. What is the point of having a ****ing OFF TOPIC section?

Kick munro and starmonkey, this thread is pathetic! I do however understand why it is here. But it's still pathetic!

EDIT:
qckbeam said:
Well I just don't understand how "The Weather Thread" and other assorted meaningless topics (no offense to their creators at all) are allowed but now, after a very large world event has taken place, we are stuck to one thread and on thread alone and told that we can bitch and moan in here. It's degrading, it's stupid, and as I've said many times already, it's a load of bullshit. I'll be vocal, and I'll be nasty about it, because it's just so ridiculous. Can't talk about movies in OT, can't talk about games in OT, can't talk about telelvision or music in OT, can't talk about politics in OT. What is the point of having a ****ing OFF TOPIC section?
To discuss matters that aren't related to HL2 except this and that and that and this and oo maybe that too!

I'm ashamed that so many people bought into the lies that the conservative media threw at them.

Odd considering the mainline media is considered mostly liberal. Refer to CBS's document story if you will. Or how they wanted to break the Iraq munition problem the day before the election.

And right now, I want that dastardly little pretzel to attempt an assassination on Bush a second time. But I know that if Bush were to die, he'd only be replaced by an even more evil bastard: Dick Cheney.

That is just disgusting. You should be ashamed to call yourself an American at all if this is how you truly feel. Why not just make it offical and move somewhere else.

seinfeldrules said:
Glad to see you have an open mind. Why not just congratulate the winner and move on. We wont get anywhere by just sitting back and hurling insults at each other.

Because the winner is a colossal moron that cheated his way into office, started a war that has killed thousands, has trampled on civil rights, and seems intent on undoing the separation of the Church and State.

I cannot congratulate such a man. This isn't a ****ing board game.

seinfeldrules said:
CrazyHarij, some people? You mean yourself right.
I let you decide.

Why do you look upon that as an insult? From those americans I've spoke with, that seems to be exactly the case. There were a lot of people who should've done more research and try to be abit more open minded and they may have voted for a more qualified candidate, that's all I'm saying.

Because the winner is a colossal moron that cheated his way into office, started a war that has killed thousands, has trampled on civil rights, and seems intent on undoing the separation of the Church and State.

A colossal moron that scored higher on his SATs then 90% of Americans and attended Yale. You can whine all you want, but no progress will come out of it. You are only hampering the progress of this country.

Back