The CoD:MW2 MEGA Thread

I don't know about you guys, but i always have trouble finding people. The maps are pretty big compared to COD4.

In all it's flaws (and I have many of them), I'm starting to enjoy the MP a little bit more now. There's something so immensly satisfying about the throwing knife, perhaps due to the fact that NO ONE uses it because it's fairly difficult to use, but that's why I love it. I'm playing solely to sneak around and knife people and for that the heartbeat sensor is a god send. It's basically as soon as I unlocked that and the silencer I started to actually make it through games with reasonable K/D's. It's now quite fun.

But on the whole, a really badly made game all the same. I really want to say that they shouldn't of put so much effort into the SP, but then... there is no effort into the SP game either.

I think it's ok. It's a decent game. Even less skill required than cod 5. To be honest one of the things that I liked about cod 5 was that it made a big difference what weapons you picked but in this it really don't matter much. You die so fast that it really makes no difference at all. Weapons are effective at all ranges except non automatic ones like shotguns and sniper rifles. In a way, every weapon is overpowered in this game as opposed to the mp40 in 5. Well every SMG, assault rifle and LMG. The throwing knife is sweet. Great fun to use. I tried the riot shield and thought it was useless. I was looking forward to using that riot shield. A good thing about this game is that at least the maps have open and many indoor areas rather than dominated by mainly indoor areas or mainly outdoor areas. Everyone complains about the duel 1887s but I have never encountered a problem with them. I don't ever recall even being killed by them and I am crap. Well good at free for all but crap at anything else. Oh and I am getting sick and tired of getting knifed from 2.5 meters away. People who use the tactical knife seem to come out of nowhere.

The only flaw that I can't deal with is the insanely low recoil on all the assault rifles. I watched my brother snipe people with the ACR on full-auto from across the map in Wasteland last night. Makes no god damn sense.

Everyone complains about the duel 1887s but I have never encountered a problem with them. I don't ever recall even being killed by them and I am crap.

It'll take one encounter with them, and you'll likely be a good twenty metres away, and then you'll see the problem. It took me one death by some guy for me to say to my mate in the pub next day ''so what's the deal with them duel shotguns?'' and him and another friend who have been playing since day one explained in depth the amount of times they've cursed out loud because of them.

I hate overpowered weapons. I mean, yeah, some automatic rifles are a bit over the top but there are weapons that people know are overpowered and they obviously use them to their extent to rack up the points. I can't stand that, I can't stand playing the same old, same old just for points. I'd rather play with stuff I enjoy to use or take a little bit of getting used to. Whenever I see someone have to kill someone with the 1887, or a rocket launcher, I immeidietly judge them as assholes and put them on to the top of my list of people I'm going to hunt down with the throwing knife when I respawn.

And then your knife misses by a hair while they calmly switch to dual 1887s and shoot you in the face.

For every 10 shun-deaths I get trying to knife people, it all makes up for it just by getting one in an entire match. Even if one guy is constantly kicking my ass around the map, he knows that in the back of his mind I'm only gunning at him with a throwing knife, and a part of me likes to think ''this guy knows I'm not trying''

Then I throw a knife at him, and one day - one day - I'll get the last kill of the match deathcam.

My favourite map for being stealthy is Derailed. I love getting to the woods on the right of the map (if you're British guys... Task Force numbers or whoever) as fast as possible and just laying in wait in a bush with the heartbeat sensor and just letting guys run past before knifing the lot of 'em. I wish there was a perk that gave you three throwing knives or something. It's not like it's the easiest weapon to use so it wouldn't become overpowered, but then it's not that popular either so the perk has good reason to not exist.

it gets veto'd all the time though, which sucks. and people quit alot from it too.

should be a ground war - derailed hopper. i'd play the **** outta it.

I've played a little bit and the only fun thing I've found to do is grief everybody as civil with the riot shield.

yeah once i get bored with the throwing knife i'm going to start using the riot shield. i realised the power of this when some guy beat me down three times in a row with it and i nearly put my fist through my screen.

i applaud this mans griefing skills

in fact **** it i'm going to make a new class soon as i get on. riot shield w/ throwing knife, stun grenades and some other unimportant shit. weapons or something i dunno.

edit: what i really want to do is get all my friends on, equip riot shields and just yell down the mic SHIELDS ON ME TURTLE UP and then we all advance in formation and beat the **** outta people. shit.

Well, being civil like I am, I just run up to them and sort of stand close to them. And then run after them. And follow them. And watch them.

Yeah.

the **** is being civil. it's warfare

modern warfare

another fantastic way to piss people off (they must have last stand though) is to kill them when they are down by hitting them in the face with a stun/flash grenade. love that.

Back