The CoD:MW2 MEGA Thread

I'm just dropping in to say that any one who payed $60 dollars for the single player of this needs to either rethink their life or give their money to charity.

Or you just need more important things to worry about. :rolleyes:

You seem to be of the mindset that one can not be concerned with important things and trivial things at once (you also don't seem to see the connection between the two).

I'm just dropping in to say that any one who payed $60 dollars for the single player of this needs to either rethink their life or give their money to charity.

I'm in love with this statement.

Wow. I can't fathom the situation that a person would pay money for ANY CoD for singleplayer.

I... rghhrhg. ded

Wow. I can't fathom the situation that a person would pay money for ANY CoD for singleplayer.

I... rghhrhg. ded

The first one was good and err...

Well then.

One is an exception, back then internet play was still a baby. They're all just too short for the whole sum.

What's the best MP mode to play to get some teamwork(hurhur) in this game? I just play Domination atm.

I had a chance to play the game and I must say that it's... hard. I'm no FPS noob and I probably would not have significant problems with most FPS games on 3/4 difficulty, but here playing on Hardened stopped being fun quickly and I had to lower the difficulty to Regular (which wasn't a walk in the park either).

What happened is (as you can guess) - I died a lot. Everything's so hectic and they expect me to run from point to point, under fire from all directions, while popping headshots on the way. I don't remember MW1 being so hard (except for the Ferris Wheel section). If I were to play it on a pad I'd probably shit myself. Or is there some lock-on system on the consoles?

I had a chance to play the game and I must say that it's... hard. I'm no FPS noob and I probably would not have significant problems with most FPS games on 3/4 difficulty, but here playing on Hardened stopped being fun quickly and I had to lower the difficulty to Regular (which wasn't a walk in the park either).

What happened is (as you can guess) - I died a lot. Everything's so hectic and they expect me to run from point to point, under fire from all directions, while popping headshots on the way. I don't remember MW1 being so hard (except for the Ferris Wheel section). If I were to play it on a pad I'd probably shit myself. Or is there some lock-on system on the consoles?

goddamed why not try to play whit a controller to find out?

I am getting tired of people always talking the same about fps on consoles

is like if they grab the control the weight will be too much for theyr hands and if they touch the thumbstick theyr hand will fracture and they will fall to the ground crying in fetal position

I have played tons of fps on consoles and yes in pc you have more control but is not like you are controlling it whit your dick or something like that

The auto-aim feature in the Modern Warfare games completely negated any controller problems I've had in other Console FPSs. You just tap the iron-sights button and press fire. Easy. In fact, it's probably far too easy. I'm usually absolutely awful playing with a pad, since I've probably not clocked up fifty hours using one, but I honestly don't think I could have got through the Modern Warfare games any quicker with a mouse and keyboard.

You can take cover and pick off enemies now. You don't need to push foward to stop the enemy spawning like you did in CoD 4 which means you no longer have to make those suicidal pushes for the next trigger
point.

Yeah, the key to beating the higher difficulties is finding a good camp spot where you can lay down fire from all directions...

Like, in that favela mission, where you first drop down and scare the civilians away, that building off to the left where the guy pulls the curtain down is perfect to start in. Then, slowly, make your way forward.

And, about the auto-aim thing, as said by the dude in the first mission, popping in and out of your sights (while enemies are nearby) will center your sights on the enemy.

I didn't really use auto-aim in the campaign and from what I can tell there's no auto-aim in the multiplayer, probably for balancing issues.

this guy got 2 nukes in row tonight, then when i was against him i kept killing him to ruin his streak. and i since he was lvl 67 i can see why. he probably leveled up everything and used stuff to his advantage

Just got the MW2 LE console. Its pretty sweet weird to see what MS has changed with the 360 in just a year and a half.

The auto-aim feature in the Modern Warfare games completely negated any controller problems I've had in other Console FPSs. You just tap the iron-sights button and press fire. Easy.

Amazing how easy games become when the game does all the hard work for you. Aiming what the heck is that?

Amazing how easy games become when the game does all the hard work for you. Aiming what the heck is that?

It isn't done to make it easier, it's just a way to simulate the quicker movements a mouse offers. The console version would probably be harder than the PC version without it. Plus it's pretty nifty.

At least it doesn't do it in multiplayer like Halo.

You've contradicted yourself. If the console version would be harder without the feature then it is done to make the game easier. For what other reason would you include such a feature other than to make it easier?

He clearly meant that it doesnt make it easy, just easier to accomodate for the difficulty inherently brought on to the player using a controller. Its "easier" in that it offsets something that made the game "harder" than expected. Not "easier" in that the game is made easy with it.

Ah but as he says it's not present in Multiplayer and MP tends to be much more frantic than SP no matter the game so why is it needed for SP? Bah I was just making a jab at console controls let's leave it here.

Ah but as he says it's not present in Multiplayer and MP tends to be much more frantic than SP no matter the game so why is it needed for SP? Bah I was just making a jab at console controls let's leave it here.

Well, because everyone playing in a multiplayer game is subject to the same handicap. The singleplayer AI isn't.

I feel like playing Zelda now.

I'm not in any rush to prestige... I've already unlocked red tiger for two guns and unlocked fall camo for my SCAR aswell as unlocking all of the attachments for the SCAR.

Prestige can kiss my ass.

I'm waiting for everyone to max their scores in MP and Spec Ops.

That way, we can stop talking about this game. I swear if I see another trailer on TV or advert on the internet for it, I'm gonna go punch a dog.

Its out, its broken records, its controversial, its annoying for PC gamers...great, now stop ***king talking about it and move on.

That way, we can stop talking about this game. I swear if I see another trailer on TV or advert on the internet for it, I'm gonna go punch a dog.

Its out, its broken records, its controversial, its annoying for PC gamers...great, now stop ***king talking about it and move on.

so u mad?

Ermmm....I'm a PC gamer, I don't find it annoying.

Apparently everyone is doing the Javelin grief online now. Particularly on HQ. Haven't checked myself.

I overheard our school's football coach talking about MW2.

And I :l'd.

American Handball

I was just about to say that, haha!

Anyway I just tried out the javelin glitch on the 360 version and can confirm it works. Hopefully it'll be patched quickly.

Good thing I'm more of a shotgun person rather than rocket.:)

I can imagine that kind of thing on Dedicated Servers.

Which would happen far sooner.

And be far more effective.

I wonder how will they identify glitchers. Ostracism?

Back