The CoD:MW2 MEGA Thread

my friends and i had a streak of 11 wins last night. we think they were from LSU or Louisiana State University and they were pretty fun to gawk at

Or, they could just hotfix it instead of punishing people for using a feature they failed to spot due to poor beta testing.

What is with all of the light-aim bots? Seriously, every server, there is usually one. The kill-cam makes me loose faith in humanity when I see how many people aim-hack.

I see no problem with this. You cheat, you get punished.

Using something left in the game after "extensive testing" (so extensive to make the statement "it's not balanced for lean" with confidence) =/= Cheating.

If someone can do it to you without modifying the game, you can do it back to them. Your on fault if you don't know how to. Do unto others before they do unto you. First and most important rule of online gaming.

How is using a feature of the game (i.e. playing the game as IW intended it) cheating?

Are you trying to say a glitch is the way IW is intending you to use the javelin?

also campaign was an action movie.

spoilerish video, I don't think it's been posted, as far as I can tell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THU2H5_nadQ&feature=player_embedded#

Are you trying to say a glitch is the way IW is intending you to use the javelin?

I was being sarcastic. Because if it is a glitch, shouldn't IW have fixed it by now? Banning people from XBL for using it is really the easy way out.

internet is serious business my friend

IW is lazy bastards, can't you tell from the game itself?

I'm just here to say that SP has a great soundtrack.

I was being sarcastic. Because if it is a glitch, shouldn't IW have fixed it by now? Banning people from XBL for using it is really the easy way out.

Wait... they're banning your XBL account? Not just banning you from their game? Is that even possible for a Developer to do?

**** MW2.

asdmw2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Damn that's ****ed up dude, I didn't even know CDs/DVDs could bend like that without shattering!

It's weird, huh? :p I guess it's because of all the plastic.

Why did you buy it in the first place?

Wait... they're banning your XBL account? Not just banning you from their game? Is that even possible for a Developer to do?

No perma-bans, just temporary ones with a minimum of 24 hours and a maximum of two weeks. More here.

Why did you buy it in the first place?

Just to see your reaction.

No. :p It's not my copy. If I hated a game that much, I'd wrap it up with one of those plastic wrappers and make it look like I never even opened it so that I could return it. It was related to the thread I suppose, and it shows how much MW2 angers some people.

I, however, still have yet to procure the financial resources to buy the game.

ZOMBIE THREAD

I have MW2 and Xbox Live for the duration of my Christmas break (now until January 3rd). Since my computer is a dick, I'll probably be playing this game a lot over the next two weeks. If anyone wants to play with me, my gamertag is Soupstorm. Add me!

MW2 is overrated and not actually that brilliant. Sure the Singleplayer campaign is fun and has a great soundtrack, but it's too short and is too repetitive to play a second time.

Spec Ops is pretty fun apart from the fact that some levels are just frustrating to play and not enough time has been spent on making sure they are all fun to play over and over again, which is the point - it being the MW version of Nazi Zombies (the additional Co-op mode)

Multiplayer is buggy and too overcrowded with all the overpowered weapons such as the Scar, FAMAS and 1887's. They pretty much dominate the entire multiplayer system. Sure, it's fun to play, but is it more frustrating than it is fun? In my opinion - most of the time.
The campers, overpowered weapons, ridiculous kills (such as Javelin kills) and bugged Matchmaking system make it pretty annoying to play continuously.

Obviously why Half Life 2 is Game of the Decade and not this.
(Yes, I own this game and am already half-way through my first prestige, it can be fun - but its annoying alot of the time. Don't bitch at me)

I have no problem racking up great scores on MW2 multiplayer, I just find the maps horribly tedious, there isn't even ONE good map, stark contrast to the MW1 maps.

I have no problem racking up great scores on MW2 multiplayer, I just find the maps horribly tedious, there isn't even ONE good map, stark contrast to the MW1 maps.

I really like a few of the maps, but some of them just suck (afghan).

I don't have a problem with any weapons being overpowered/annoying except tubes and 1887s.

Totally disagree, I love these maps. MW1's maps felt like visual or architectural centerpieces with the balance designed around that, and as such I hated pretty much every map in the game. MW2's maps all seem really well-rounded and balanced to me. I don't know any of them by heart yet, but I do know that I haven't felt like any part of any map was shitty so far. I'm really loving this game.

I think Estate and Underpass are the only maps I don't like playing, and only because it's very hard to spot other players through all the foilage and weather effects.

Yeah, estate is especially bad. There are too many vantage points and those points always seem to be occupied by one whole team. :s

all maps are a camp-encouraging wank fest. wasteland (thermal sniper wank fest) and estate (all around wank fest) are pretty much anal seepage.

the only maps i dont mind playing are quarry and sub base. those are probably the best maps in the MP even.

After playing the BC2 beta I don't think I'll be going back to MW2 MP at all. March can't come quick enough for BC2.

Just finished 5 rounds straight with a nuke. Jack the ripper loadout ftw.
Best MP game right now. Havent touched l4d2 in ages.

Haters gonna hate.

Going on my second prestige : /

Edit: I'm starting to think this game takes no skill at all.

Skills to learn:

-See the other guy before he can see you.
-Shoot him.

Yep.

Things to expect:

- Everyone will use Heli Gunner and the Harrier gunship as killstreak rewards.
- Dual shotguns will kill you unreasonably.
- Everyone but you knows exactly when everyone else is going to come round the corner.

:(

I ****ing hate the duel shotguns and the riot shields, it looks ridiculous and is ridiculous.

The only true weapon to use in this game is the throwing knife. I look down upon everyone else with their duel shotguns and the like - it's all about the spinnin' blade. I'm just so fed up with how many ridiculous features there are in this game that the only fun I can get out of it is knowing how many people I can greif with knife kills.

Not a patch on COD4 MP, this. Even that wasn't amazing to me, but it was fun. I cannot get anything but frustration out of this.

Shooting through walls and the ridiculous knife melee perk have got to go. If these two things are fixed I will play the game again.

the only maps i dont mind playing are quarry and sub base. those are probably the best maps in the MP even.

i hate quarry, it's gayer than aids...

"i know how to make the deadline!!!....let's make a map with a bunch of blocks on it."

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Derailed is probably my favourite map because there's some space to breathe on it.

I ****ing hate the duel shotguns and the riot shields, it looks ridiculous and is ridiculous.

I hate dual shotguns too but riot shields are a piece of cake to counter. Stun nade them then knife or shoot. Also, don't stay still or charge directly at them or they might try to throwing knife your ass.

Back