the combine logo...

kacation_man

Reaction score
I cant seem to find a nice big picture of the combine logo, can some one help me out? I need a nice big clear picture of the combine logo... if some one has one or could get me one I'd really appricate it!

halflife2.ttf has many of the guns and other hud materials. It is in the steamapps/user/half-life2/hl2/resources folder.

Tracing the logo should be fairly easy with freeware tools like inkscape or the gimp.

i dont fully understand what you just said... but i already said i dont need it any more...

Why didn't you just post your skateboard in this thread?

12133-hl2_combine_logo_large.jpg

What does the "Chb" abbreviation on the logo mean?
C is for Combine most probably, but what about the other 2 letters? I'd really like to know, thx :)

Ugh , not another new guy ressing an ancient thread... Also i dont think the letters mean combine because they tend to refrain from calling themselves that (as evidenced by breen several times , most notably in NP).

Sorry for disturbing your peace oh great one :hmph: If you know so much about this then why don't you share with us, the new guys what the letters mean?!

Btw it's hard for me to tell if the middle letter is M or H...

They might not even be letters from the Latin Alphabet.

They ARE any alien empire after all.

Sorry for disturbing your peace oh great one :hmph: If you know so much about this then why don't you share with us, the new guys what the letters mean?!

Btw it's hard for me to tell if the middle letter is M or H...

I never said i could tell you what they mean now did I? You disturbed no peace here , im just wondering why theres a sudden influx of new guys digging up old threads.

Edit : also what Eejit said. I always assumed they meant something either a) completely random or b) something that only someone / something in the empire its self would understand.

For all we know it could stand for "christmas mumble butt" :|.

Hmm , yeah, combine is more likely... Still sticking by my point though.

Right so this world-assimilating empire conquers earth, and decides to put up posters using our alphabet instead of making the inhabitants learn the standard Combine language... and while they're at it they think "hey let's invent a ridiculously cryptic font, just to confuse the puny humans!".

Sounds like a plan. It also sounds like a 60s batman plot.

Personally, I think the logo sucks. It's the only bad thing in the game, that designer who made it was in his lack of inspiration. I'm not saying it should have created something like NOD or GDI logos, it would have turned cheap and cliche... But this kind of a retro-comunist-crap typography logo does not express the power of an alien empire. It has some tech reference inside, but it's still crap.

P.S. Maybe we should create a new thread and try posting logos made by us, a contest of what do we think Combine should wear on their equipment, vehicles and buildings. Unleashing the graphic designer within each of us, lol.

Personally, I think the logo sucks. It's the only bad thing in the game, that designer who made it was in his lack of inspiration. I'm not saying it should have created something like NOD or GDI logos, it would have turned cheap and cliche... But this kind of a retro-comunist-crap typography logo does not express the power of an alien empire. It has some tech reference inside, but it's still crap.

P.S. Maybe we should create a new thread and try posting logos made by us, a contest of what do we think Combine should wear on their equipment, vehicles and buildings. Unleashing the graphic designer within each of us, lol.

Your opinion is very wrong on all levels.

They might not even be letters from the Latin Alphabet.

They ARE any alien empire after all.

Good point. But i doubt it. You see - the Combine is an intergalactical alliance. They are a mixture of different languages, thus they do not have a common alphabet. Also, this logo has been seen only on earth so far. There are no reports that this logo existed in other worlds (like Xen). I pretty much think this is an earth logo, created by Breen and council members of the Citadel.

Good point. But i doubt it. You see - the Combine is an intergalactical alliance. They are a mixture of different languages, thus they do not have a common alphabet. Also, this logo has been seen only on earth so far. There are no reports that this logo existed in other worlds (like Xen). I pretty much think this is an earth logo, created by Breen and council members of the Citadel.

Then what a sucky empire they would be if they cant even communicate. And I would like to point out that the combine were never on xen as far as we know , I think it was Laidlaw who said this , can anyone confirm?

Well, they may be able to communicate telepathically, like the Vortigaunts. It's noticed that the Advisors are. Also, i don't believe that the Nihilanth was a single entity, with no supervisors. Otherwise, what's the connection between hl1 and hl2... "The Free Man" frees the vorts from the Combine's enslavement by killing Nihilanth. That's exactly why they join the humans in their fight against Breen. Nihilanth in XEN was like Breen on earth - controlled by the Advisors, which also have supervisors they answer to, although they take a pretty high place in the alliance's ranges. My point - the Vortigaunts were the Combine's "Civil Protection" on XEN. They were forced (like the combine troops on earth - a.k.a Human Slaves) to destroy anything or anyone who stands against the empire. The Nihilanth was only their commander, just like Breen commands Earth's Combine forces.

Nihly was on the run from the combine according to valve , the border world was aparantly the one place they [the combine] could not get them and when they saw the chance to flee to Earth when the cascade happend they took that chance and invaded. Which ironically allowed the combine to find Earth too.

Good point. But i doubt it. You see - the Combine is an intergalactical alliance. They are a mixture of different languages, thus they do not have a common alphabet.
That is not a logical conclusion.

The Roman Empire was an international empire. It had peoples speaking a mix of different languages. Yet they had a common language and alphabet.
Also, this logo has been seen only on earth so far. There are no reports that this logo existed in other worlds (like Xen).
The Combine have never been to Xen.

Nihly was on the run from the combine according to valve , the border world was aparantly the one place they [the combine] could not get them and when they saw the chance to flee to Earth when the cascade happend they took that chance and invaded. Which ironically allowed the combine to find Earth too.

Appearantly, i missed reading that. Which changes anything i thought i knew till now.
So then, the saga continues. Freeman is far from finished with the combine, even after Half-Life 3 is released. This makes at least 1 or 2 games to come after Half-Life 3. Or episodes.

One question. Was Nihly so dumb to flee on Earth, after he probably knew that the Cmb will detect the inter-dimentional disturbance caused by the cascade? He could've just stayed in XEN where they (or Freeman) couldn't get him.

Well , the combine didnt know Earth was there until Freeman killed Nihilanth , causing the portal storms , which I believe is what allowed the combine to detect Earth.

Hm , yes i see what you mean now. Vik the cascade wasnt caused by nihly going to earth , twas cause by the experiment at BM. I believe you was actually talking about the portal storms which again were not caused by nihly going to earth , instead by Gordon killing nihilanth and thus tearing the universe a new space hole.

Back