The Crappy Half-Life 2 Comic Experience

FireStarter

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here.

So, I decided to reduce my art skills to third grade level and make an HL2 Comic. I can obviously draw much better, but I will begin simply. Most pages will be linked for UGLY and page stretchiness.
WARNING: Once you see this comic, you may or may not be able to see for the next twelve hours.

NOTE: THE ART IS MEDIOCRE FOR HUMOR. REMEMBER THIS. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

SPOILERS WITHIN OR SOMETHING I DUNNO

WELCOME TO CITY 17
Page 1

POINTLIKE INSERTION
Page 2
page 3

That was better than a lot of stuff. But reminded me a bit of Metal Gear Awesome. Keep going, I like your art style.

Also hi, welcome to the site, etc.

Pretty cool. Make some more :D
Also, Welcome!

I for one enjoy these quite a bit!

That can better stick around as a sidekick.

But reminded me a bit of Metal Gear Awesome.

This was also probably because I like the Awesome series quite a bit. :U

Also, note the immediate reference to it, what with the "THIS IS IMPORTANT. REMEMBER THIS." Right at the beginning of my first post. :D

I love how you guys like this comic even though I tried very little on it.

I mean, I'm greatful that you like it, but...

I REALLY haven't put any effort into it so far. XD
I didn't think it would be liked by anyone.

I've got on the upside of twelve pages so far, but no scanner where I am right now. Tomorrow I will, however.

Pretty cool comic.

And stop with the "I'm not even trying. It's so EASY. I'm drawing with my mouth actually to make it tougher. In case someone says it's shit - that's because I don't work on it."

It's the humour that matters and I quite enjoy the one in your comic ;)

ummm...I don't think it's a good idea because...you know, most of the jokes have been,or have been better in Concerned.

I think part of the reason we like it is because of all the "Half Life Comics" we get were its just Alyx and G-Man with stupid faces in Gmod.

Its refreshing to have something that isnt the crap we have come to expect, regardless of how "easy" it is for you.

ummm...I don't think it's a good idea because...you know, most of the jokes have been,or have been better in Concerned.

Concerned did it before I did, so good ol' Frohman got the jump on me. :\

EDIT: Also, Concerned steers away from the HL2 plot for like half the comic so I'm sure I'll come up with new stuff here and there. Expect references to Concerned. Because it's one of the best HLComics out there. Yay for Concerned!

It's like that episode of South Park, "Simpson's Did It", where The Simpson's has done every idea ever already. Except The Simpson's is Concerned and I am Butters. ._.

Also, I lied. No new pages today because I haven't got a scanner anymore and snow kept me from going out to get a new one.

Tomorrow. Mostly because they have a 50 McNugget meal for only $15.00 in honor of the Superbowl, and I'm going for that deal. So yeah, I'll blow my money on nuggets and scanners tomorrow.

And now sleep!

I'll be honest, I forgot this topic existed. I've been drawing all along and just remembered I had a comic to update.

But yeah, pages.

Page 4
Page 5
Page 6

*Joke about VGCats never updating*

FOOTNOTE: COMICS FROM HERE ON WILL BE UBER HIGH DEF AND LARGE AND SUCH.

I'm (slowly) starting to draw a Team Fortress 2 comic that is quite similar to this. Perhaps we could share a thread and do this, eh?
cb035029ep1.jpg

Really like your stuff, the way you draw it's pretty cute/amusing.

Gordon seems to be running his life on a slow processor. Those load times are a killer!

Page 7

@ Sheepo: If you think you can bear sharing a topic with me, that's fine, I suppose.

Also, why can't I edit my first post? Them archives need updating! D:

Yeah, despite you being an abomination, I think I can stomach it. I just have to work on drawing a couple of the guns/class heads. The sniper in particular is very difficult. I've already got quite a few ideas and a basic plot in my head. Planned name: Critical Sandvich. I'm pretty poor at drawing but I'm quite good at stick-figurish doodling and I'm very familiar with TF2, so it seems like a fun idea to pass time in class.

Thank you, Sheepo, for that lovely comment on my personality. =_=

Page 8

The big reveal of this chapter comes on this page. D:>

Unfortunately Hurricane, that may be the last comic...

Drawings are cute, some of the jokes are okay, but to be frank it's nothing fantastic, in my humble opinion.

I was just saying what I thought, d00d. Chill.

*Cough cough*

As per request... The comic will return shortly.

ALSO I'M BACK SORT OF I MEAN I HAVE A REAL LIFE TOO YOU KNOW

Uh, weeeeell, that's the problem. I completed the WHOLE thing AND started on Episode 1, but, um, I don't have a scanner anymore.

Thus, I'm trying to get one. Hang on until tomorrow, which is when I will have a new one.

Back