The doctor will see you now...

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After nearly two years of waiting, Half-Life 2 is finally released. This day marks the end of an incredibly long development cycle and the agonising anticipation of a sequel to the most popular game of all time and judging by the reviews they've done it again.[br]
[br]
Restart your Steam browsers and enjoy this time, it probably won't get this good ever again.[br]
[br]
Happy Half-Life 2 Day! It's out!!

HOLY SHIT! YAY! I missed my bus ;) so i can play while i wait to phone a taxi :D:D:D

Awesome. Well done Valve! So much for getting any work done this week. ;-)

Have fun you all! It's unlocking here as I type this, I will delay playing until this evening because I have an exam coming up, but boy will I be looking forward to it. I'm glad the wait is finally over and I still won't believe it until I have visited all areas depicted in the BINKS :)

ITS RELEASED. I'm looking at it right now in my steam games.

OMG OMG OMG OMG

And what a release party it was on IRC, twas worth it just to see Chris D say "Go on F**K OFF! Go PLAY THE GAME!! GO F**K OFF!!!! WHEEEEEEE!"

Now that is excitement

Its 0812 for me and 72 percent unlocked :p

Have fun you all! It's unlocking here as I type this, I will delay playing until this evening because I have an exam coming up, but boy will I be looking forward to it. I'm glad the wait is finally over and I still won't believe it until I have visited all areas depicted in the BINKS :)

BTW: just read the manual - WE HAVE SQUAD ORDERS!!!!1

Well 1 year, 2 weeks and 2 days late, I hope its worth it!

Any one buy the retail and activate it yet? I do hope the activation servers don't crash under the strain.

100% done...its been a ride boys!!! WHOO its time... TIME TIME ITME TIME TIME TIME!! omfg !111!11 VALVE R0x0rs teh big 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mine is stuck at 82% Unlocked, and says I have only 87% of the game (It's not updating or dling the rest...)...I feel screwed out of this

you know...its like i been waiting for so long...i dont want to press the hl2 icon...its odd..

ok i lied... its loading.. OOO ere it goes!

ahhhh man i haven't finished defragmenting *waits another 15 mins of anticipation*

Sweet!!

Happy HL² day everyone. See you on the other side. :thumbs:

PS: Your still a bastid Chris ;)

There's 1800 people on the forums

And i've been w8ting for like 10 minutes and the steam usage wotn move....

36%, its really taking its sweet time. :(

Oh well. HAPPY HL2 RELEASE EVERYONE!!!! :D

The wait is finally over!

Damn me for leaving the pre-loading so late!
Only 75%!!!!!!!!!!
Ah well, its humming along at 2.4mb/s, wont be long now!

Arg. Game crashed before it could even load a map: "Map Version is 0, expecting 19"

So sad. And it's not like Valve is around to help out or troubleshoot for like, the next 2 weeks. :(...

Oh god Oh god Oh god Oh god Oh god Oh god Oh god Oh god Oh god , what am I going to do when I beet HL2...

Wait...

ZOMBIE PANIC!

www.zobmiepanic.org

w0000000t HAPPY HL2 RELEACE DAY! *Passes out gophers*

Woo! Though, since I'm not getting in on Steam, I still have to wait another 12 hours before it comes out here at retail... And even then, because I'll be busy, I won't be able to play for over 24 hours. Aaaaaaah!

Back