The etymology of your alias.

Ennui was word of the day on July 21st, 2005 on Dictionary.com, I decided I really liked how it looks and feels aesthetically and ran with it despite the misleading definition. It also tapped into my love of existentialism / absurdism, which at the time (age 16) had mostly to do with the angst, apathy and despair part of it. :3

I still kind of miss my old handle Audiophile though. Not because I spend thousands on hi-fidelity sound equipment, but just because music/sound/noise is very important in my life :D

My current handle in some places is Hands Mechanical which is just another really aesthetically appealing set of words that my friends and I thought of as the name for a weird electronica track we were making while on acid, after an intense tripping study of our hands and how generally ****ing awesome they are as an evolutionary feature of humans.

I've got to say, I really like Hands Mechanical, if just for it's absurd impracticality. Then again, my name is pretty long.

[edit] - JUST LIKE ANOTHER CERTAIN PART OF MY ANATOMY

And expansion of Kinæsthetic, basically.

It rhymes, it looks nice, it has a nice meter, it has an æ. It abbreviates well.

Thanks again for helping me remember that in Psychology.

Although we didn't use the æ.

large_01.jpg

Surprise. Circa 2000 if memory servces.

I'd like to think I've evolved since then, hence the binomial nomenclaturisation.

ACTUALLY NOPE STILL 12

_mg_1836.jpg

It's my second name.

Conor Geraint Mellish

Mostly everyone I know calls me it.

Really nothing spectacular. Just some random name that stuck, from a game of Worms 2.

I'm not even sure. I used to use the name M8666, because that was the name of some account my friend gave me for some game. About a year or two later, I realized that "666" represented the devil. I also came to the realization that "M8666" was a very stupid name in general. Tacoeaterguy was the name of my brothers old youtube account. Also a very stupid name.

I kinda like your user name. Makes me hungry.

got mine from half-life - I think my first username was "barney". I used "barneyinblue" for the first time on "nin64.com/prefabland" in 99, and it got stuck. later i started to use "barnz".

i'm also known as "test" here (shh, i'm testing you) :O

Enzorr got old after a while. I mean, it sounded like some sort of RPG villain. That name soon died off, and I became Nomad. God damn does it still sound cool.

I liked Opposing Force and then I liked sheep.

I think it was for a neopets account ages ago, and I wanted something that sounded sort of Latiny, and fiddled with Emperor.

Golden Sun.

As for the etymology, I don't know. Maybe it's Native American for "Sitting Bull".

'Sat-turos'

Captain Insano shows no mercy! (The Waterboy fyi).

I dropped the "Captain" after a irl gaming friend started using "Captain" in front of his nickname as well, making it all a bit confusing.

I even went by "Insane" for a while on this forum, because I thought Insano was taken.

Mine, as some of you may know, used to be mrBadger... was named for a great-uncle of mine, who was a truly great man, someone I was very fond of! (He showed a very young me real live badgers, which was pretty darn impressive, they made quite an impression on me)

After my discovery of www.mrbadger.com and, my communist statue of liberty avatar (thanks EVIL) - I felt a change was in order, and as el Chi frequently referred to me as ComradeBadger, I felt it was appropriate :D

It's stuck, I'll never use another alias online - although whilst playing Opposing Force, I used a variety of fakenicks, often to avoid being kicked off servers... - I generally went by comrade^, as everyone called me commy, ignoring the badger :E

.. Dekstar, do you remember the 5vs1 we played in Op4? I might still have the screenshot somewhere.. :D heh

I r teh famous on YewChewb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdRZeg70qfk

Kyo was chosen after getting tired of using Alpheus Togra from Dark Reign. Kyo however was not a very unique name so the Risu part from Rurisu which my brother uses as a nick was added to the end.

I was going back home from school one day and saw an old rusty lada* with the phrase written on the back windshield. Thought it was funny and used it as a nickname. The fact that people will not know the origin and think I'm a pretentious street racer wannabe or something, I only realized afterwards. I don't really care though so it stayed that way.

*It's one of these:
lada.jpg

it is an acronym for Mexican Flying Llama, which was a title I assumed for myself after having mistakenly believed to have read it as one of the esteemed members of the introductory cast list for Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail. It was not, but I kept it anyways.

(It was actually the 'Mexican Whooping Llama', if I remember correctly.)

Mine is the first initial and last name of a fictitious, alien character from a story a friend wrote: Abaviar Dabiviak.

I've been thinking of changing it because in TF2 matches, people tend to choke on it, but I've had it for so long, I'm not sure if people would recognize me.

Ennui was word of the day on July 21st, 2005 on Dictionary.com, I decided I really liked how it looks and feels aesthetically and ran with it despite the misleading definition. It also tapped into my love of existentialism / absurdism, which at the time (age 16) had mostly to do with the angst, apathy and despair part of it. :3

I still kind of miss my old handle Audiophile though. Not because I spend thousands on hi-fidelity sound equipment, but just because music/sound/noise is very important in my life :D

My current handle in some places is Hands Mechanical which is just another really aesthetically appealing set of words that my friends and I thought of as the name for a weird electronica track we were making while on acid, after an intense tripping study of our hands and how generally ****ing awesome they are as an evolutionary feature of humans.
I'm really big on aesthetics too. In fact, it's my number one priority whenever I write poetry. I always focus on the sound and look of the words first, and then consider the meaning.

With that said, I might finally change my name here to SubEngy (after my blog). It flows better.

edit: btw, how do I get my name changed?

Just an accumulation of letters that has stuck with more for over eight years. Originating from some part of the Kidney.

I was going back home from school one day and saw an old rusty lada* with the phrase written on the back windshield. Thought it was funny and used it as a nickname. The fact that people will not know the origin and think I'm a pretentious street racer wannabe or something, I only realized afterwards. I don't really care though so it stayed that way.

*It's one of these:
lada.jpg

I thought you might have been part of the 2*4U HLDM clan.. they all had names like 2fast4U, 2h@rd4U etc

one of my first forum names ever was over at ign... I was gerudogurl89 I think :D

By the time I really delved into pc gaming and NEEDED an online alias I had been introduced to TMBG and really liked their song Ana Ng for various reason (it's a pretty rad song). I needed a steam name, and my criteria were:

Something I liked and would remember
Something without numbers
A real(ish) name
Something to distinguish my gender

So thus Ana Ng was born, (fyi it's pronounced like "Anna N", not "Anna Nig" :p). I love it, and I especially love when people play the song over their mics when I come into a server or get mvp :D

I'm selizabeth on these forums because I was stupid when I signed up. If there's a way to change it to Ana Ng I'd be very happy.

All you have to do is PM a super mod, iirc.

Watched the movie the matrix one day, and during that same day I played some mmo where I was a melee character. So put the main character of the matrix together with a melee character who wields a shield and you get neoknight, but then that was already taken so I removed the K. Btw, can anyone guess who my avatar was based off of?(hint* it was based off of two video game characters)

Smash T.V., baby.

Really nothing spectacular. Just some random name that stuck, from a game of Worms 2.
I KNEW I recognized that name from somewhere.

I was 13 at this site and didn't know how to register.. It took me 3 tries (Dog, Dog-, and I finally got it right with Dog--).

It stuck.
That's actually pretty disappointing. I thought it was a semi-clever programming reference.

Back