The Forum War to end all Country-Bashing Wars!

Reaction score
I'am getting too sick of debating with Canadians, Americans, Englander's, French, German, Spanish, Italian, African, Middle-Eastern, Asian, and Slavic/Russian members, which country is the best or worst. I'm getting sick of debating National Policy, on a level that nethire is constructive or even promotes an interest in the topic which is healthy. I'm getting way to sick of these racial and member bourne tension(s) of misidentification splitting our forums over one simple thing.

Dont get me wrong, I like other countries, and I like other members. Its why I started this thread, to promote country admiration, but to promote members the ability to be free of someone else countrybashing. This may not stop countrybashing, or people wanting to argue national policy in a way thats not constructive to the topic, but it will help members cut down on their anger.

Today, I'am requesting people bash their own country. Bash their own rituals and customs. What ever you hold dear, Bash your own country. Bash away! But dont bash anyones elses! Got something to say? Say it to your country! Bash your own policies! Bash your own army! Bash your neighbor, but dont bash your neighbors in Canada! Dont bash anyone elses country...but yes, your own!

Got a flag avatar to burn? Dont burn anyone elses country flag...but your own! Learn this topic as hard as it gets! No more countrybashing...but country bash...your own country! You help contribute to world issue and the degree of corrupt mentalism existing within todays modern societies. Burn your own flag! Bash your own country!

But dont bash anyone elses!

[Purpose of this thread]:

I'am getting sick of all these who have no healthy outlets to debate/discuss about modern wars and politics. I'm getting sick of these people trolling every few hours with articles they feel justifies their point. I'm guilty of it too, I think we all feel some right to say, "Ha, here! What do you think of that?" But thus far, its only been a means to split us. So here...attack your own countries...but noone elses.

I get sick of people, on both sides of fronts, argueing that they can hate a country just because he feels they dont shave. I'am getting sick of people argueing that a Western Education, is a poor education. Im getting sick of these generalizations born out of our medias and governments press to piss other people off. Its time to stop this, by bashing your own country.

I'm making this thread, so people can come in here and vent about their own countries, vent about their own people, but to ****ing stop, attacking others. This is getting ridiculous, and we've all been raised better.

So dis your country, your people, so noone will have to Countrybash later!

I'll go first:

America (My Country) are full of cowards too enriched in their own personal identification of their personalities to test or try helpful living on others.

America (My Country) is full of people too afraid of conflict or protest, because they honestly believe by protesting they risk coming into the crossfire of their own social acceptence.

America (My Country) is full of braindead poltiicians, that honestly believe posting images of churches, gods, rights, and people only hollywood believes is important, would get me argueing to remove someone elses rights so long as I got my right.

Americans (My people) dont know what they want, and dont know how to argue for something, if they did want it.

Americans (My people) are frightened by their own arguements and news media--they want to believe, but then they dont. They end up not believing in anything at all. Not even in their own country.

So theres for starters! Now, get countrybashing...your own damn countries! :D

Australia:

We lock people (including children) up without trial for years and years. Their crime? Escaping persecution in their country and seeking asylum as a refugee in this great land of ours. Even when Amnesty International and the UN say we are violating Human Rights and psychologically damaging children for life, our government doesn't care.

We don't listen to our aboriginal people whose land we stole 200 years ago. We dissolved their independant voice in government because our Prime Minister considered them a nuisance. This when the average life expectancy for Aborigines is still half that of other Australians. Plus their infant mortality rate is thrice the national average.

We withdrew recognition of the International Court just before East Timor received it's independance from Indonesia. Now we control the oil and natural gas fields that should legally belong to East Timor. Since 2000, we have received $2,000 million in taxes from those fields, and only given $400 million back to the East Timorese.

Our Prime Minister supported the US in the illegal war in Iraq. Enough said there...

There is still such a strong xenophobic streak in parts of Australia, that a politician was voted into office who espoused stopping immigration from non-white countries. Who attacked people from other races for NOT forgetting their ethnic culture.

These are a few of the reasons I am ashamed to be an Australian.

i totally agree with you on those points, pogrom, but most of them wouldn't be reasons i'm ashamed to be an australian, but more reasons that i'm ashamed that john howard is our prime minister.

there have been countless protests regarding the refugees, so it's not something you can really pin on the australian people. then again, if howard gets re-elected, that'd make me beyond ashamed.

More about America:

Americans talk about being selfless and caring, but when I share with a fellow man something I earned and I own, millions of people would've talked down to me and told me that other, "did'nt deserve what I gave him".

Americans talk about the right of Gods, and the right of themselves, but they dont believe in personal identity without fear. Americans shelter under the cross on sunday, then shoot nine kids on wednesday.

Americans talk about Racial acceptance, but then, would turn around and agree that a white man or black man does'nt deserve his job because, "his color bought him that position".

Im getting sick of knowing the best times in this country where win our grandparents were young. I love to know of those times, but the fact we cant live with perhaps that childhood adoption into our adult years, bothers me that my end will become on a change to Commerce or Carmaking.

redundant said:
i totally agree with you on those points, pogrom, but most of them wouldn't be reasons i'm ashamed to be an australian, but more reasons that i'm ashamed that john howard is our prime minister.

there have been countless protests regarding the refugees, so it's not something you can really pin on the australian people. then again, if howard gets re-elected, that'd make me beyond ashamed.

The reason I'm ashamed to be an Australian is because most Australians choose not to act upon these issues. They see a good economy and turn a blind eye to everything else going wrong.

I'm ashamed because greed and selfishness appear to have taken over. I say appear to now, because I still have some hope for the election.

Um, this is odd. but anywho:

Canada's military is too small!
And, uh, people keep electing the Liberal party, even though the NDP was a much better choice this year!
And not enough canadians are well versed in important issues!
And our dollar is made fun of!

Pogrom said:
I'm ashamed because greed and selfishness appear to have taken over. I say appear to now, because I still have some hope for the election.

Im voting for bitchtits...

I never knew the Canadian dollar was made fun of. ...whats to make fun of currency? :D

Mechagodzilla said:
Because it's worth about 40 cents less than the american dollar. :p

so much like the australian dollar... ;(

Thats okay, their trying to make the American dollar 20 cents more. :D

Their already trying to sell out Surplus Currency Designs so they can replace dimes and pennies. :D (Of course, this would make the penny worth more.)

-well, the weather here is terrible.
-our primeminister is intent on putting us in the firing line by supporting various wars around the globe at the moment.
-our national football team are serial underachievers.
-i absolutely loathe the media in this country (the sun, the mirror, the daily mail, itv..).
-i dislike those big fat skinheaded wankers who call themselves football fans and go abroad and smash places up.
-i cannot stand the kind of people who persist in lowering standards accross the board in terms of entertainment, education and others.
-I. Hate. Townies.
-i get annoyed by the fact that when walking down the street, it's a treat to hear someone speaking english..instead you'll more commonly hear some sort of foreign languge (ie. big illegal immigrant problem).

more to come hopefully.

gosh, this is so therapeutic.

Dedalus said:
-well, the weather here is terrible.
-our primeminister is intent on putting us in the firing line by supporting various wars around the globe at the moment.
-our national football team are serial underachievers.
-i absolutely loathe the media in this country (the sun, the mirror, the daily mail, itv..).
-i dislike those big fat skinheaded wankers who call themselves football fans and go abroad and smash places up.
-i cannot stand the kind of people who persist in lowering standards accross the board in terms of entertainment, education and others.
-I. Hate. Townies.
-i get annoyed by the fact that when walking down the street, it's a treat to hear someone speaking english..instead you'll more commonly hear some sort of foreign languge (ie. big illegal immigrant problem).

more to come hopefully.

gosh, this is so therapeutic.

Ahem... Townies?

And I reckon it's great to live in a place where there are heaps of languages floating about. How boring would it be if people only spoke one language?

Sweden

No one knows anything about Sweden.
We don't make a difference.
Our food is crap compared to the rest of the world.

Holland/The Netherlands

-Our country is ridiculously small
-It is overcrowded
-We have this national word "gezellig" meaning something like "cosey" that we use in about any sentence
-We have a very tolerant drug and prostitution policy, other countries think the wordt of this policy
-We have Harry Potter for President
-The food is even worse than Sweden
-Our country is mostly very ugly

RoyaleWithCheese said:
Holland/The Netherlands

But at least your country is nice and flat, making it convenient for cycling and skating :thumbs:

Here in America, we have become so arrogant and full of ourselves just hearing some foreigner make the assumption we all are shatters my soul.

We also have a president who never won an election but still made it into office.

My countries dependance on Oil when we have the technology and resources to wane ourselves off it. Even if it happens over a 50 year time period. I fear we wont truly start untill its to late. And the global economy will colapse without a cheap and ever increasing source of oil.

Most of our political economic and enviromental problems can be related directly to Oil.

I guess if it wasnt oil it would be some other limited resource.......

The fact that our country is so diverse and yet so much the same everywhere you go.

The fact that other nations dont see the diversity and strength they only see the ignorance and blind power.

The fact that we are so busy trying to control and regulate in the name of one thing or another that we forget what our country was supposed to be about in the first place.

Our bloated and overpowerful National Government.

K e r b e r o s said:
I've always wondered, what are townies? :D

The closest approximation would be the Bloods or the Crips or something, but without the guns or the menace.

Pogrom said:
Ahem... Townies?

And I reckon it's great to live in a place where there are heaps of languages floating about. How boring would it be if people only spoke one language?

Townies - He probably means scally's. Talk like there 'ard. Walk like there 'ard. Smoke fags like there 'ard. Drink on the street's like there 'ard. Wear jogging pants (joggers/whatever) alongside Rockport shoe's with there jogger's tucked into there socks as if it looks fashionable. Only act 'ard in a group. Would get knocked the **** out on there own by anyone. Typical Scally around Warrington.

And we can do a foreign exchange for life if you want to be around these twats that come into our country, build there ****ing mosques (sp?) in our country and don't like the british but its the best place to live as our toss-pot prime minister offers them houses, money before our homeless people. Edit/ Oh yeah, and imagine if we moved into there country and built a bloody church in there religious country...could you imagine what they'd do. Probably kill you.

Sorry but illegal immigrants are a touchy subject around me. I hate them.

Alig said:
Townies - He probably means scally's. Talk like there 'ard. Walk like there 'ard. Smoke fags like there 'ard. Drink on the street's like there 'ard. Wear jogging pants (joggers/whatever) alongside Rockport shoe's with there jogger's tucked into there socks as if it looks fashionable. Only act 'ard in a group. Would get knocked the **** out on there own by anyone. Typical Scally around Warrington

We got the exact same people here in Paris, they're called "racaille" or "caille" in short, bunch of wannabe-thugs who smoke hash in the subway, dressed in Adidas, Nike, Sergio Tachini head-to-toe and ask you for fags everywhere you go. I got ganged up once because I didn't have any and they thought I was lying... anyway every country has this sort of thing, and in France they're the reason LePen almost won the previous elections.

Our Prime-Minister is a Harry Potter look alike and Bush's lap dog:

http://www.tomaatnet.nl/~hannemannn/balkenende.jpg

:(

He has the assumption that people will restore faith in the economy by telling everyone that we all are gonna have to cut back a bit, and telling how bad the economy is. Yeah that will work.

We say we're a nation of knowledge, but we're cutting back heavily on education. Not to mention healthcare.

This thread is depressing ;(

Alig said:
And we can do a foreign exchange for life if you want to be around these twats that come into our country, build there ****ing mosques (sp?) in our country and don't like the british but its the best place to live as our toss-pot prime minister offers them houses, money before our homeless people. Edit/ Oh yeah, and imagine if we moved into there country and built a bloody church in there religious country...could you imagine what they'd do. Probably kill you.

Sorry but illegal immigrants are a touchy subject around me. I hate them.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there are Christian Churches in most (if not all ) Middle Eastern or Arab countries.

Egypt
Jordan
Syria
Iraq
Lebanon
Qatar

and so on. It's a shame that people are allowed freedom of religion in Britain when it's obviously not convenient, eh? :rolleyes:

Canada:

our police force in our biggest city uses racial profiling

major cities need affordable housing

our government murdered a Native protestor in a dispute over a proposed golf course that is claimed by a local native tribe

we are a 2 party democracy despite having a strong third party (NDP)

CSIS (canada's FBI) violates human rights and spies on canadians

guns are starting to trickle in more an more from the US ...need to tighten up the border

canada has antiquated animal rights legislation that needs to be rewritten

canada needs to cut back on it's reliance on trade with the US; find it's own markets and negotiate treaties that are not detrimental to canadian business

canada needs to lose NAFTA, oppose the WTO

spend more on education and healthcare less on special interest/military

canada needs to develop more alternative energy stragedies. Prairies are wide open ...could be used to create wind farms, at same time help struggling farmers in traditional farming

EDIT: Hey welcome back Pogrom!!! Nice to see you back, how was your trip?

CptStern said:
Canada:

we are a 2 party democracy despite having a strong third party (NDP)

canada needs to cut back on it's reliance on trade with the US; find it's own markets and negotiate treaties that are not detrimental to canadian business

canada needs to develop more alternative energy stragedies. Prairies are wide open ...could be used to create wind farms, at same time help struggling farmers in traditional farming

EDIT: Hey welcome back Pogrom!!! Nice to see you back, how was your trip?

The above points can also be used for Australia. I'd also like to add another one:

Australia - does not care if Australian citizens are held by a foreign power without trial, without access to a lawyer, without any outside contact AT ALL, for 2+ YEARS... as long as that power is the USA.

OT: Was a great trip - I've been back in Aus about 9 weeks and I've been missing Malaysian food the whole time. Plus the jungles of Borneo, the tropical islands of Sabah and Sarawat. Planning to get straight back to Asia as soon as I finish that last year of my degree.

Pogrom said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there are Christian Churches in most (if not all ) Middle Eastern or Arab countries.

Egypt
Jordan
Syria
Iraq
Lebanon
Qatar

and so on. It's a shame that people are allowed freedom of religion in Britain when it's obviously not convenient, eh? :rolleyes:

Its not convienient and you dont live in UK so you could'nt even start to begin to understand how much of a pain in the arse and how badly these illegal immigrants effect our country. Infact, i'm lead to believe australia does'nt even allow illegal immigrants of the boat before there sent back to there own country.

I was on the bus a couple month's ago and noticed that under the "please stay seated till the bus has stopped moving" sign it was also written in there language. Don't get me wrong, but this is a ****ing english speaking country and has been for the last...what? forever.

When you walk around and see these homeless people that have to resort to picking used ****ing food out of the bin's and picking up change of the floor to buy a hot drink so they don't die from the freezing cold weather we have pretty much all year round you start to feel sorry for them when mr.i dont have a permit to live in UK has a free house, gets payed weekly out of our ****ing taxes that WE work for and has been here so long he's allowed to move his entire family into our country overpopulating our little country. It isn't fair, its not right and they still let them in with all this terrorism shit going on.

This might sound light hearted but i seriously can't wait for the day one of these illegal immigrants blow's up something and kills a boat load of british people. Maybe then they'll see just what they've done to our country. Oh and im not racist, i could'nt care if they was brown, black or white, they just happen to not be white so thats most probably what people already think.

Germany:

(Many) people are extremely bad mooded, because of the economical situation -> doesn't help anything. We have so many idiots saying that the government sucks and don't do anything by themselves.

There's no cultural identification, people are afraid to be called nazis* if they say they like(!!) their country. (*by german people also)

The youth is getting dumber and dumber, so many youths are full of intolerance and hatred.

To many youths it's still cool to say that Bush & the USA suck.

To many youths it's cool to be 'chilling' and alternative.

The bureaucracy(?) is way too stupid and slow. (Look at the restrictions on airsoftguns, for example)

Films (sometimes up to half-an-hour) and games are cut -> violence is a alltime topic in politics.

---------------

That's it for the moment, I'm sure there'll be more later.

Alig said:
Its not convienient and you dont live in UK so you could'nt even start to begin to understand how much of a pain in the arse and how badly these illegal immigrants effect our country. Infact, i'm lead to believe australia does'nt even allow illegal immigrants of the boat before there sent back to there own country.

While it is true that the government tries to make it as difficult as possible for refugees to make land here, if they do arrive they are locked up until their refugee claim is processed. But just because my government does it, is it right? Of course not.

And sending them back to their own country is often tantamount to a death sentence. Way to go mate!

Alig said:
I was on the bus a couple month's ago and noticed that under the "please stay seated till the bus has stopped moving" sign it was also written in there language. Don't get me wrong, but this is a ****ing english speaking country and has been for the last...what? forever. [/QUOTE

Well... Boo Hoo!

There are signs written in all kinds of languages in Sydney. 10 years ago or more there were Japanese signs all around. Now there are Chinese signs, and even more.

Just because you live in the UK and were brought up in that culture, doesn't automatically make you better than the immigrants. And they shouldn't have to completely assimilate into British culture anyway. A true multi-cultural country should have some give and take on both ends.

NeLi said:
Sweden

No one knows anything about Sweden.
We don't make a difference.
Our food is crap compared to the rest of the world.

Prisons are to easy to escape from.
We are cutting down on our superb modern army.
We got to many imigrants that dont respect the way things work here and just live in the suburs and get money for the goverment for the rest of ther lives..(Yes, there are good imigrants too ;))

cant think of anything more..

Pogrom said:
The above points can also be used for Australia. I'd also like to add another one:

Australia - does not care if Australian citizens are held by a foreign power without trial, without access to a lawyer, without any outside contact AT ALL, for 2+ YEARS... as long as that power is the USA.

same here ....canada turned over a suspected terrorist (canadian citizen) to the US who then sent him to syria to spend 2 years in jail where he was repeatedly beaten and tortured. He's since been released (his family fought the canadian government for 2 yrs) after charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. There are quite a few canadians in guantamano bay ...some have been released (due to lack of evidence and pressure by the families) but there still quite a few who have yet to be tried for any crime

Pogrom said:
OT: Was a great trip - I've been back in Aus about 9 weeks and I've been missing Malaysian food the whole time. Plus the jungles of Borneo, the tropical islands of Sabah and Sarawat. Planning to get straight back to Asia as soon as I finish that last year of my degree.

I'm just a tad bit jealous :E ..you've seen more of the world than most people. And here I'm thinking going to my local bubble tea shop is experiencing asian culture ;)

We got to many imigrants that dont respect the way things work here and just live in the suburs and get money for the goverment for the rest of ther lives

Really! Thats crazy! Maybe I can become one of those immigrants.

Why are you talking about illegal immigrants? You only have illegal immigrants? That's something I think is hard to believe.

Illegal immigrants here are people that were refused asylum and refused to go back, they're not a huge problem.

The biggest problem here are the second generation immigrants (so born here, their parents weren't) or third generation. But it's very ignorant to condemn all immigrants, there are plenty of normal people among those, and the parents of those problem cases are often honest people. To hate them all is stupid, Adolf.... errr Alig.

And I doubt illegal immigrants build mosque's. Not to mention commit terrorist attacks, setting up an attack when you're illegal isn't easy.

CptStern said:
same here ....canada turned over a suspected terrorist (canadian citizen) to the US who then sent him to syria to spend 2 years in jail where he was repeatedly beaten and tortured. He's since been released (his family fought the canadian government for 2 yrs) after charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. There are quite a few canadians in guantamano bay ...some have been released (due to lack of evidence and pressure by the families) but there still quite a few who have yet to be tried for any crime

Hey, I saw that guy's story on TV! I had my jaw on the ground the entire time!

Not quite as bad as Australia. We just had two guys in Guantanamo Bay. Their families finally got to see them last month for the first time since the war in Afghanistan. But the government repeatedly denied requests to look into their well-being.

CptStern said:
I'm just a tad bit jealous :E ..you've seen more of the world than most people. And here I'm thinking going to my local bubble tea shop is experiencing asian culture ;)

Mmmm... Pearl Tea... Maybe one day you'll get out there ;)

Scotland: Dumb SQA who mark school exams wrongly every year.

Also, the Art subject in school requires a 6 page essay on some artist, which is worth 20%+ of the final mark. So what about these brilliant artists that can draw like Michelangelo but are no good at English? They fail the exam, great. Whereas all these pretty girls that can't draw for ***t get to go to London College of Art, because they're good at writing essays. Life is unfair.

Pogrom said:
While it is true that the government tries to make it as difficult as possible for refugees to make land here, if they do arrive they are locked up until their refugee claim is processed. But just because my government does it, is it right? Of course not.

And sending them back to their own country is often tantamount to a death sentence. Way to go mate!

Well... Boo Hoo!

There are signs written in all kinds of languages in Sydney. 10 years ago or more there were Japanese signs all around. Now there are Chinese signs, and even more.

Just because you live in the UK and were brought up in that culture, doesn't automatically make you better than the immigrants. And they shouldn't have to completely assimilate into British culture anyway. A true multi-cultural country should have some give and take on both ends.

You know that "illegal" means they are breaking the law, our law, the british law, the one the british government made up. They are'nt supposed to be in our country for a start and that says enough about why they should'nt be in britain and should be put in jail and sent back to there own country. I could'nt care less if they was legally allowed to move into my country, but there not.

I could make a list as long as my arm about why they are twats but this isn't the place.

PvtRyan said:
Why are you talking about illegal immigrants? You only have illegal immigrants? That's something I think is hard to believe.

Illegal immigrants here are people that were refused asylum and refused to go back, they're not a huge problem.

The biggest problem here are the second generation immigrants (so born here, their parents weren't) or third generation. But it's very ignorant to condemn all immigrants, there are plenty of normal people among those, and the parents of those problem cases are often honest people. To hate them all is stupid, Adolf.... errr Alig.

And I doubt illegal immigrants build mosque's. Not to mention commit terrorist attacks, setting up an attack when you're illegal isn't easy.

Pretty much only illegal immigrants. Our government will give them a house, give them money every week to live and wont send them back to there own country. Britain is clean, its healthy, its a well off country...why would'nt they try get out of the 3rd world country they live in where they struggle to survive when hey...Tony Blair to the rescue will help them. Support them. Care for them before the british homeless (which some of them could very well of been in the war fighting for a country that would rather help none english speaking, ignorant, british hating immigrants).

Look its ****ed up and you'd be hard pressed to find a british person in favour of illegal immigrants...im not the only one and dont ever call me adolf :flame:

Pogrom said:
Hey, I saw that guy's story on TV! I had my jaw on the ground the entire time!

Not quite as bad as Australia. We just had two guys in Guantanamo Bay. Their families finally got to see them last month for the first time since the war in Afghanistan. But the government repeatedly denied requests to look into their well-being.

Mmmm... Pearl Tea... Maybe one day you'll get out there ;)

heh ya here it's called Bubble tea ...not sure why cuz some people call it Pearl tea ...there are at least 5 "Bubble" tea shops in my neighbourhood

BTW: I knew the immigration issue would be brought up sooner or later ...some people need any excuse to blame immigrants for all that is wrong with their country.

Back