The Grudge!

tokin

Reaction score
Wach TV SPOT 2! This movie is going to kick The Ring 2's Ass! My god that little kid with the cat voice scares the shit out of me! I don't get scared easily, my dad made me watch The Exorcist when i was 7 and saw all of Romero's film before i was out of elementary, i grew up watching this sick dimented shit.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4937

:naughty: My friend and I mock that cat-boy in the movie. MEEEOOOOOOWWWWW

Its extremely popular to redo japanese horror movies nowadays... funny thing is... they almost got every actor from the original in the american remake :)

The american remake looks shit. If you judge american bullshite as scary you really need to get a brain, the end.

dont worry about that cat kid sarah michelle gellar will stake him and dish up a cool sarcastic statement...

Like all the other screw ups of original Japanese horror, the US one wont be as good by a long shot.

This thread will crop up each and every time, there's quite a few remakes on the way. Hollywont stop until they've ruined something better than them.

Sarah Michelle Geller.

:(

It looked like an average jump-scare flick to me.

I watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre when I was 4 or 5 or something, somehow. I have had reoccuring nightmares of the "dinner" scene ever since... and only last year I had found out where it was from after watching the movie again.. Pretty funny, huh? :p

The Dark Elf said:
Like all the other screw ups of original Japanese horror, the US one wont be as good by a long shot.

This thread will crop up each and every time, there's quite a few remakes on the way. Hollywont stop until they've ruined something better than them.

I think The Grudge looks much more like a STRAIGHT er, port, so to speak, of the Japanese film. It looks true to its predecessor, and it's got alot of the same actors, same director, all that. Just with Sarah Micheller Gellar.. probably to pull in an audience.

Anyhow, it can't be compared to say, The Ring, as The Ring wasn't a true remake.

PriNcE oF SpAcE said:
I'm confused...does this movie tie in with the ring movies?

The only similarities they share are that they're both horror movies from Japan.

And to the topic starter, you can't say this'll kick The Ring 2's ass, as we don't have any idea about that movie. :D

Going to go see it looks good. SAW looks 100 times better tho.

Ring 2 looks a ton better. That cat-kid looks so blatantly CGIed that I thought it was a videogame cutscene for a second.

So far, the only part of the trailer that looks even remotely frightening is the part with the hair-hand, and that's already been given away by the trailer so it won't be frightening when it happens in the movie. Whoops.

Ring actually had good cinematography, good actors instead of popular ones, and great subtle effects.
Grudge looks more like a Ring cash-in without the charm.

Mechagodzilla said:
Grudge looks more like a Ring cash-in without the charm.

Except, you know, they're completely different remakes based on completey different events :p

Shuzer said:
Except, you know, they're completely different remakes based on completey different events :p

Japanese ghost movie about a vengeful girl ghost with long black hair who crawls around creepily and slowly kills anyone who sees her spirit is remade into an american version with a blond star.

To which movies could that description apply?

Now, which one was a huge success, and which one has worse direction and stars Sarah Michelle Ghellar? :p

IchI said:
The american remake looks shit. If you judge american bullshite as scary you really need to get a brain, the end.

if you think asian-produced films can even compare to american, you need to get a brain. im sure you liked ringu better than the ring as well, right? :rolleyes: brother... but there are better movies out there anyway

saw and white noise look like much more freaky movies.

Shuzer said:
The only similarities they share are that they're both horror movies from Japan.

the trailer itself says that they have the same producer.

othello said:
if you think asian-produced films can even compare to american, you need to get a brain. im sure you liked ringu better than the ring as well, right? :rolleyes: brother... but there are better movies out there anyway

Wow, is there anything America can't do? They're superior to the rest of the world in every way, and if you disagree then get your ass back to France!

Take that, Asia! Your films are inferior because they've got words at the bottom of them! USA! USA! USA!

Mechagodzilla said:
Wow, is there anything America can't do? They're superior to the rest of the world in every way, and if you disagree then get your ass back to France!

Take that, Asia! Your films are inferior because they've got words at the bottom of them! USA! USA! USA!

wow is there anything your ignorance doesnt delve into? did i say thats why asian films are inferior? no. is there anything you wont wont assume? apparently not.

Well, when you don't give any reasons behind your opinions, some of us are left to assume.

I figured that you were dismissing an entire culture's films for a reason. Was that rash?

Here, let me make it up to you:

Mechagodzilla said:
Well, when you don't give any reasons behind your opinions, some of us are left to assume.

I figured that you were dismissing an entire culture's films for a reason. Was that rash?

a bit, yes. as was your sarcastic response to a post that had nothing to do with you. but i will admit, the eye was pretty damn good. it's in cantanese... although an american remake would probably be better lol.

I'd appreciate if you didn't mock America because of a few extreme nationalists around the forums, Mecha. Not everyone here feels the same as they do.

Erestheux said:
I'd appreciate if you didn't mock America because of a few extreme nationalists around the forums, Mecha. Not everyone here feels the same as they do.

lol is that what i am, an 'extreme nationalist'? hahaha... :bounce:

othello said:
lol is that what i am, an 'extreme nationalist'? hahaha... :bounce:
Actually, that was more in reference to other posts you've made.

You did call everyone who prefers Asian movies over American movies stupid, though. I mean, that in itself should say something about you. :|

Erestheux said:
Actually, that was more in reference to other posts you've made.

You did call everyone who prefers Asian movies over American movies stupid, though. I mean, that in itself should say something about you. :|

:|

did you read what i quoted first? it was more directed towards him.

othello said:
:|

did you read what i quoted first? it was more directed towards him.
That doesn't matter, you shouldn't come back with something like that. You realize that what you said to him was exactly what he was saying, right? How does that make sense?

Its pretty dumb to judge a movie, or anything else, by its nationality. :| And I'm talking to everyone here.

Erestheux said:
That doesn't matter, you shouldn't come back with something like that. You realize that what you said to him was exactly what he was saying, right? How does that make sense?

Its pretty dumb to judge a movie, or anything else, by its nationality. :| And I'm talking to everyone here.

i agree... but should that void personal experience and/or experience? every asian-produced horror flick ive ever seen, except the previously mentioned The Eye has sucked. am i not justified in my opinion of asian-produced horror flicks? it may not ring true for everyone, but what opinion does?

my reactionary response was the cs player within me, lol.

Mechagodzilla said:
Japanese ghost movie about a vengeful girl ghost with long black hair who crawls around creepily and slowly kills anyone who sees her spirit is remade into an american version with a blond star.

The Grudge is about a curse that is left behind when someone is killed in "the grip of a powerful rage." There's way more than just one "creepy little girl" to it.

othello said:
the trailer itself says that they have the same producer.

Same producer of the ORIGINAL Japanese movie.. not The Ring. AFAIK, anyway. I could be wrong. I don't remember hearing that

the scary looking people look the same in the ring with the straight black hair and the grey face and black bruised looking eyes

LOL why do they got to make remakes of the movies? Just cuz americans cant be arsed to read subtitles?

The Grudge looks like it will be the EXACT same thing as Ju-on with Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Mechagodzilla said:

God damn slant eyes need to get their pansy asses back to France! ****ing surrender monkies!

I didn't watch my buddies die face down in the mud so some bitch could go around charging money all over town!

:dozey: The Grudge was absolutely boring . I admit the bus scene made me jump a little, that is it. Otherwise, the rest was just a comedy, everybody would just crack jokes during the movie. I remember we were talkin' so much and so loud that woman said, "Shut the **** up!". That was sooo funny, somebody said that woman looked like Michael Jackson, ahah. I had fun though scaring my friend, she was cuddling with ma arm :naughty: . I really liked the catboy, really cool kid. MEEEOOOOW! I also liked when the white dude, said Horogato! Or however you say "Thank You" in Japanese.

ailevation said:
:dozey: The Grudge was absolutely boring . I admit the bus scene made me jump a little, that is it. Otherwise, the rest was just a comedy, everybody would just crack jokes during the movie. I remember we were talkin' so much and so loud that woman said, "Shut the **** up!". That was sooo funny, somebody said that woman looked like Michael Jackson, ahah. I had fun though scaring my friend, she was cuddling with ma arm :naughty: . I really liked the catboy, really cool kid. MEEEOOOOW! I also liked when the white dude, said Horogato! Or however you say "Thank You" in Japanese.

People who talk during movies should be shot, repeatedly. I know you're probably at a younger age and you think it's hilarious to talk during movies and see people get angry, then you make fun of them.. but, one day, you'll realize how much of a jerk you really were when you were younger.

Sorry, but people who talk during movies really piss me off. Subsequently, one's who make fun of people who tell them to shut up (which, is in their PERFECT right), are even more annoying.

I agree with Shuzer there. :D People who are loud and obnoxious during movies make me cry. But I don't mind it at all when people whisper to each other, so now I'll tell you a random dumbass story:

When I watched LOTR: Fellowship with my friends, we were talking before the movie or even the ads began. A woman sitting a few seats away got a person that worked there to threaten us with getting kicked out. While all the lights were still on, and while the radio was being played. Such a nice woman. It was pretty funny, too, because I could see how uncomfortable the employee was... since everyone else in the goddamn theater was talking at the same time...

Later, we whispered things to each other during the movie so low that we could hardly hear each other. But the woman's husband came over to tell us that he will "get us kicked out if we open our stupid ass mouths again."

Sucks being a kid sometimes :( Glad I won't be one for much longer, I guess. :p

The Grudge was terrible compared to Ju-on. They really screwed it up. They took out some really freaky parts of the movie (including the scene with the ghost schoolgirls! GRR) and added some weak parts that just make you jump.
Anyway me and my friends and a lot of other people in the theater were laughing the whole time. It was great.

Haven't seen it, but actually was going to give it a shot in about an hour.

But, now after reading this thread and about 100 reviews from other sites...seems the concensous is "Ring like"... and I hated the ring. Very overrated in my opinion, and just about as scary as home made pie.

On a note of the remakes vs the originals: I would like to see the original versions of both these films, though; really getting sick of Hollywood remakes. Can we just have ONE original movie a year? Not a remake or sequel? Just one...that's all I ask!

Saw and White Noise do look decent thus far...time will tell though.

they should make a horror movie based on the bush administration

Back