The guy in the portal trailer

mr.chips

Spy
Reaction score
Remember in the portal trailer when you saw the character chase after himself. Well, the character in the video was a male. Who was he meant to be. And why wasnt Chell included in the trailer. Also, is there any photo of his face or what he looks like.

They switched. At first the main character was supposed to be male, presumably and then they switched. Not much more to it.

He was a placeholder.

I like Chell better. How many other games feature a apparently average woman fighting a psychotic computer?

That was the orientation video shown to test participants. Chell was not used in the orientation video, that would be silly, as she runs the test for the first time in portal.

I wouldn't call Chell "ordinary." Her face scares the hell out of me. Yeah, he was just a placeholder.

That was the orientation video shown to test participants. Chell was not used in the orientation video, that would be silly, as she runs the test for the first time in portal.

and yet glados constantly says things that suggest she has run it before

first line she says: "hello and ONCE AGAIN welcome to the aperture science blah blah"

"we ONCE AGAIN remind you that android hell is a real place blah blah"

The trailer is presented as a Aperture Science orientation video, so it makes sense that the person in question isn't Chell.

From what we saw of the face, it always looked like that of one of the standard citizens. The one that is derived from the Captain Vance model in RtB.

and yet glados constantly says things that suggest she has run it before

first line she says: "hello and ONCE AGAIN welcome to the aperture science blah blah"

"we ONCE AGAIN remind you that android hell is a real place blah blah"

Perhaps they reminded her before she was initially put in the Relaxation Vault. It doesn't neccessarly mean she's taken the test before.

I like the Chell model. I like the character. I wonder why most people find her creepy?

Aye, her model is pretty hawt.

alesia_glidewell_hs.jpg

But the in-game skin didn't turn out so well...

blasikov_portal_face1.jpg

It's just....scary ;-;

Chell doesnt even blink. That is what I find weird. And it when she stares at you. Its like she knows you are there.

It's just a face, you don't even see it when doing doggy.

I like the Chell model. I like the character. I wonder why most people find her creepy?

It could be that she never talks. I mean, Gordon Freeman never talks either but you never actually see Gordon. It could also be that people get freaked out by the fact that she has those weird leg supports on that stop her taking fall damage even when she falls five fu***** miles through portals!

These things attached to her legs are actually attached to the bone. They are not just something she can take of. Anyway, I think it is scary why she doesnt blink. That is weird. And when she looks at you.

She looks much nicer in the Left 4 Dead.

It could be that she never talks. I mean, Gordon Freeman never talks either but you never actually see Gordon. It could also be that people get freaked out by the fact that she has those weird leg supports on that stop her taking fall damage even when she falls five fu***** miles through portals!

It could just be the fact that she's an ugly skin...

*imagines a non-blinking Gordon Freeman staring at you trough a portal with his giant, emotionless eyes*
No portal gun in EP3, no portal gun in ep3, no portal gun..

Well, this is getting off topic, but while the "real chell" is attractive, I feel that something was lost in the translation.

Back