The HEV

Reaction score
I wasn't sure whether to put this in the General forum because its kind off topic.

That HEV must have some amazing Duracell battery or something. I mean sure you pick up those ones for armour and stuff, but even without them it just keeps going and going. Perhaps this is why Gordon doesn't get tired from hitting with the crowbar. It does it for him and just keeps going until he stops it. I mean here is is (Insert number) years later and its still in working order. Man Ive got to get me one of them suits.

What do you mean '?'? I'm saying that the HEV doesn't run out of power when hes had it for so long. Half-Life took place over a couple of days and the suit was fine. And now several years later its still OK. Why doesn't it run out?

What am i not allowed to be picky and over analyse?

Some people have to have every detail in order....

Its not like I'm really being serious, thats why its not even in the General discussion or Half-Life board. I was just saying. I'm just trying to fill the time between now and then.

I don't do Halloween. Besides, this ting is gonna be more than a costume, its going to be a really working suit. Il be able to walk through green, harmful liquid thats always inside these science places and come out ok. It will stop bullets without getting a scratch. It will allow me to leap large distances. Il be able to do anything.

On a similar note. Do you think the HEV would have a specifically designed operating system, or would it use something like NT? Just curious really. I bet i sound as bad as one of them people who has learnt Klingon.

Maybe the damn THING has ran out of the battery things and only needs it to do amazing (!!11111) shit or maybe he has made a recharger of his own :dork:

Nobody knows if the suit will be in working condition at the start of HL2. Maybe Gordon will need Alyx to fix up some things ...

Maybe he took it off between HL and HL2 :eek: :eek:

That way the batteries would be saved!

Maybe it uses a mini nuclear reactor

Gordon's arse? ;)

Its Solar, gas, heat, and sound powered. Also since Gordon pees in his suit, that is also used as a fuel source.

I think it's quite obvious that the HEV runs off of Gordon's own body heat. Electricy is generated by a Stirling engine mounted in the suites back, and uses the difference between gordon's body heat and the surrounding environment as a temperature differential.

Farrowlesparrow
Strider

What do you mean '?'? I'm saying that the HEV doesn't run out of power when hes had it for so long. Half-Life took place over a couple of days and the suit was fine. And now several years later its still OK. Why doesn't it run out?

What am i not allowed to be picky and over analyse?

If this forum didnt have that little number at the bottom of you Avatar.(post count) Maby some people wouldnt create these realy strange and pointless threads..! just a thought ..

HL2 takes 30 hours to complete right ?, hot having to take a piss, shit or eat is damn hard. lol

If this forum didnt have that little number at the bottom of you Avatar.(post count) Maby some people wouldnt create these realy strange and pointless threads..! just a thought .. [/B]

Yeah maybe they wouldn't, but I'm not doing this for post counts. Ooh a little number that shows really just how much time i spend on my computer, really good. I'm doing this to fill the time. There isn't anything else to talk about at the moment. The game isn't out. When it is i wont be making such pointless threads.

When it is i wont be making such pointless threads.

Thats something to look forward to along with the game then.

Oh you are not going to get annoyed with me because of one little thing are you? Loads of people are making threads like this and you start one of these slowly spiraling things where you end up hating me for no good reason.

LOL i dont hate you Sparrow..
Your just a bit annoying but i acctualy see your point :)
Bored and the game isnt out yet..!

Originally posted by GOoch
LOL i dont hate you Sparrow..
Your just a bit annoying

so what do you think of me and EVIL then :p

actually I have an excuse.... I have had GCSEs and been on study leave.. and if I go out then I can be reported truant :(... and i've been revising (yeah...) and this place is sumwhere nice to go and post, when I'm not revising (I.e most of the time) :) ...

same here. I just like to come to this communtiy because I like it here. And I help people when I am needed to. Its not that I spam your arse full with annoying and discusting quotes about rotten cow heads :/..

I just post alot because its a cool place
cool boards make posting easier

Rotten cow heads?

Strange.

So if you go out you will be reported truant? I was out all the way through my GCSE's, we have officially left the school about one week into them. This year was good. Ive just done my AS's and i only had about 8 exams so i wasnt tied up too long with them.

I went out a bit... not as much as usual, :( but still, yeh but u don't have a psycho teeacher who patrols the town looking for you :p

yeh but u don't have a psycho teeacher who patrols the town looking for you

Good god i had a teacher like that over 6 foot and could spot a pupil from our school in a crowded shoppin street 600 yards away, He was bloody lethal.. Mr Hartley (never forget him)..
LoL by the way im 33 and can still remember the first time he caught us.

ahhhh happy memories..... :p

yeah, well exams are over now....

/me goes outside and is blinded

:cheese:

ill be getting a job soon :).... but that means i wont be able to waste time on here :(

Yup its a one of those old british sayings m8 ( WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD)..

real?
world?

I will get a job and earn monneh for the first time in my life :) so there

Its strange how people dont view education as "the real world". Most people cant remember most of it. I know that there were lots of times i didnt like school, but when i look back i see only easy times. Yet when i was there it could be difficult.

Yea my education wasnt the best realy and it was a shock when i left school.
But ive got a very good job so i cant realy complain now :)

Back