the hover ships are organic

Peks

Reaction score
their "fins" bend, wave, and move at the end of the sequence where he shoots the rocket at him on the road. as the ship closes in over the cars you can clearly see the arms move.

dont know if this has been posted or not but if it has i dont give a rats ass.

edit: also the nose of the ship bends to where the player is. i agree part machine part organic (alien)

edit2: the bending could be the fins/wings breaking and the nose following you could be the gun turrent locking onto you...who knows.

sounds like it's organic, but also part mechanical. possibly organic + armour/guns. same as gordon.

Originally posted by Koldfire
that ship is scary ;(
Haha, if i saw that ship in real life i would start laughin at it, cause it looks like a manatee. It would then destroy itself because it is ashamed.

Yes, it's organic, yes this has been posted before, and yes we know you don't care.

You wouldn't be afraid if you saw a giant flying manatee? I'd be afraid of the machinegun, see how freakin accurate it was?? That's scary.

The machine gun on it was great as instead of shooting exactly where you are it strafed the ground in a line towards you!!! so damn goood....

It would be sweet if we got stinger missiles to shoot them down, not the RPG.

Maybe you can tame them with a few bread crums and have them follow you around killin all the nastehs. Well maybe :S

When I looked at it I just thought it was mechanical. The bending of the fins being sorta like rudders on a plane and moving to adjust its flight, and the nose bending to give it more accuracy in hitting you so the entire ship doesnt need to point exactly at its target (kinda like a tank turret in a sense). Looks damn cool anyway, I like manatees.

It's a biomech. End of story.

I would rather want a Strider as a pet..

FiShEh
Headcrab

Maybe you can tame them with a few bread crums

Rofl now that would be cool ;)

Originally posted by Lupus
When I looked at it I just thought it was mechanical. The bending of the fins being sorta like rudders on a plane and moving to adjust its flight, and the nose bending to give it more accuracy in hitting you so the entire ship doesnt need to point exactly at its target (kinda like a tank turret in a sense). Looks damn cool anyway, I like manatees.

methinks its a biomech.... like the strider... someone said this before tho... and it was him :

Originally posted by A.A
It's a biomech. End of story.

I would rather want a Strider as a pet..

me too... that would rock... take it for walks:

"BAD STRIDER, WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT LEVELLING BUILDINGS"

:p

I want a head-crab instead...just imagine the cleanups after either a stider or the flying platypus thingy....you'd need a huge black garbage sack for that...with the headcrab you can prolly either ignore it and hope nobody notices...or you can use the regular doggy-bags...

Originally posted by mrBadger

me too... that would rock... take it for walks:

"BAD STRIDER, WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT LEVELLING BUILDINGS"

:p

Put a saddle (wrong spelling?) on the "head" and take it for a ride :D
I can see it getting sad and being ashamed :p (wrong spelling again?)

Personally, I'd want one of the Alien Grunts out of HL, like anyone would even try and mugg you then....

Mugger "give us all your Dosh"
Stone "I'm sorry, I don't speak English, can you tell my Fred, My Alien Grunt Friend stood Behind you and he'll translate for me"
Alien Grunt Taps Mugger On Shoulder
Mugger "GULP!"

i was talking in the irc channel about strider racing a while back......it might be funny to race around cities

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
No I think the ant lions would make the best pets :)
Nah, you'd have to be constantly smelling like antlion pheromone, I bet it would be a turn-off for the ladies :). Then again, it would also attack anyone who didn't smell like you, so the ladies would have to rub up on you... :thumbs:

They need to fix the shooting pattern. It just goes do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do. They need to put some sequences in there instead of just the same thing.

My sister loves the ant lions. She could't even look at the part of the video where they got mowed down by sentry guns :)

Originally posted by A.A
Put a saddle (wrong spelling?) on the "head" and take it for a ride :D
I can see it getting sad and being ashamed :p (wrong spelling again?)

That would be awesome riding a Strider to work, anyone pisses you off in traffic, you just blast em!

it's more mechanical then organic.. it's fins just go limp at the joints because you broke it.

Originally posted by worldspawn
it's more mechanical then organic.. it's fins just go limp at the joints because you broke it.

Whats weird, though, is that it has little feet which you can see in some of the screenshots. I doubt they serve any purpose to a purely mechanical creature.

Well, the feet could be part of it's flight control mechanisms. Like rudder and ailerons. I'm open either way, but it looks more like an all-mech craft than the Strider does. The rotor especially. It's movements are very fluid and 'natural', though. So who knows?

hmm what part would be organic... the machine gun... the turbine... maybe the rudders...lies?

but more likely the Brain etc

i think the houndeye would make the best pet. They're soo cute and they yelp and run like dogs. The only problem would be how to atttach a leassh

(kb probss :-(

How does a landed "Manatee" look like then? They can't be flying forever.
You can se it's somewhat organic because of the way it turns the head and upper body and it's armor looks very organic and elastic.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
My sister loves the ant lions. She could't even look at the part of the video where they got mowed down by sentry guns :)

Get her to join the forum. Now! ;)
They are cute..in an alien way :p

Originally posted by A.A
How does a landed "Manatee" look like then? They can't be flying forever.
You can se it's somewhat organic because of the way it turns the head and upper body and it's armor looks very organic and elastic.

It's called 'alien gunship'.

And on the e3 vid, it sounded like it took off just before we saw it.

Originally posted by Dile
It's called 'alien gunship'.

And on the e3 vid, it sounded like it took off just before we saw it.

Bla bla bla :p

Yes, because there is no sound and all the sudden, there it is.

Originally posted by A.A
Bla bla bla :p

Yes, because there is no sound and all the sudden, there it is.

Hmmm...maybe, but I don't think so

Back