The Humble Bundle #3

Mine is around 200-300. I also have onboard dpi buttons so I can switch dpi settings on the fly if I want to. It's kind of mind boggling that the games own automatic calibration system makes it near impossible to play :\

God, I always forget my MX518 has buttons on the top to adjust DPI on the fly. They've just become "those annoying things I hit accidentally every few months." :v

Really? I use those kinds of buttons constantly. They're just invaluable in FPS games.

God, I always forget my MX518 has buttons on the top to adjust DPI on the fly. They've just become "those annoying things I hit accidentally every few months." :v
I have the MX518 too but in my experience it adjusts the DPI in too big steps for my taste.

Maybe I can change the amount it adjusts it in the SetPoint.

Generally I always instead adjust the mouse sensitivity using the game settings themselves.

I have MX518 too and it's everywhere. Saw a news story last night about video game addiction, they showed somebody playing CS:S and he had an MX518. Is there a way to adjust the 3 sensitivity levels that are changed with the buttons if I install the CD?

Haven't installed the Logitech software since like 2 formats ago so I couldn't tell you. :)

I have MX518 too and it's everywhere. Saw a news story last night about video game addiction, they showed somebody playing CS:S and he had an MX518. Is there a way to adjust the 3 sensitivity levels that are changed with the buttons if I install the CD?

Yes you can, as well as map them to other functions. You're better off just getting the latest Setpoint version from logitech. I have mine set to allow tabbed browsing without having to reach for the tab bar(so all those buttons are actually useful):
Sensitivity increase/decrease - CTRL+Pageup/down(previous/next tab)
Document flip - CTRL+W(close tab)

It doesn't seem like there is a way to make the + and - buttons actually move sensitivity up or down rather than just jump between three different sensitivity settings!

Real shame since I think it'd be nicer if it was that you lowered or increased the DPI in however many steps you wanted, rather than just being limited to the three pre-set steps.

Sidewinder X5 for me. Love that mouse for its large size, great for large hands.

Also, is it normal that the sensitivity level doesn't change with just a fast click? I usually have to hold the button for a bit longer, which makes it a lot less useful.

Also, is it normal that the sensitivity level doesn't change with just a fast click? I usually have to hold the button for a bit longer, which makes it a lot less useful.
That doesn't sound normal!

For me, I just do a fast click on the minus button and my mouse movement is slowed substantially and the reaction is equally quick on the plus button.

Didn't think this quite merited a new thread: http://www.humblebundle.com/

Name-your-price deal for Frozen Synapse. If you chip in more than the average ($4.55 as of this post) you also get the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle. I didn't get a huge amount of mileage out of Frozen Synapse personally, but it's well worth a fiver if you're into obsessive turn based squad tactics.

I did miss out on the Frozenbyte bundle and Frozen Synape looks interesting but I've put a self-embargo on spending money on games for the time being and it's not time to lift it yet I think.

I already have Frozen Synapse, but no Frozenbyte games. But damn, no money for video games right now.

SpaceChem is a pretty cool game I must say.

Yes it is. I wish I didn't already own it because that's some good gamin deals.

It is not, the later levels makes me feel like I have the logical capabilities of a seagull that's suffering from severe retardation.:(
I'm still only in the early levels. I only got a little bit in then I got sidetracked by other games/work.

Same thread, new "bundle". Only featuring Voxatron at this moment but there's a lot of rumors about Binding of Isaac getting added.

http://humblebundle.com

Edit: Chatted with one of the humble guys. Here's a part of his reply.

mike: Officially, we can neither confirm nor deny any additional games, but you may want to search the neogaf forums.
mike: You're welcome. Enjoy the game(s)

The previous one, Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle only had one game too. I guess that's what they'll be doing between bigger bundles. They added some other stuff to that one too though.

$3 for this game is money well spent, I could have gave more but kinda broke now

Binding of Isaac (+ soundtrack!) and Blocks That Matter added as the usual above-average deal. Though everyone who purchased it before the additional games were added will get them without raising their payment.

Both Binding of Isaad and Blocks That Matter are naturally available on Steam.

Chucked in $5 for those, was already keen on Issac and the other two look neat.

so glad this game came with the two extra games

I've since realised that the reasoning behind opening with a single game and adding others after is simple:

You only get the additional games if you donate above the current average. Thus, the average donation is forced upwards.

If you bought the bundle for any amount, regardless of the average, you've always been given the games that have been added after your purchase. So yeah, I don't see how opening with a single game is any kind of sales tactic on their behalf.

I bought the first game for 50 cents because I'm a cheap bastard, and I got the added games just fine.

Back