The "I have played/ or playing ep2 and Have to talk about it..." thread (spoilers)

Btw, where the hell did barney go off too? Towards the end, i was begening to think he might be a traitor :( Also, how do you do spoiler tags ?

[ spoiler] and [ /spoiler] without the spaces

Alyx said something about the "array" they set up at Black Mesa. This is the satellite we launched she's talking about, right? The rocket we were launching in EP2 was to do something about the old satellite?
There's an Eli line in the closedcaption_english.txt file (GCF) that confirms that the array is the one Gordon put up there in 'On a Rail' all those years ago. Not sure if it's triggerable in the game.

edit: Ridge, if you don't want things spoilt, don't come to the forum until you've played the game. Tis Easy :)

*raise middle finger*
See the last word in the thread title? It's at your own risk, some people for whatever reason don't mind being spoiled while playing.

As for the game it was awesome! I knew Eli was screwed since it was the last chapter and he was all "DONT LOOK" :(
I was hoping to get a crack at the advisors though, hopefully in Ep.3

Well he has a point..if you're going to say major plot spoilers use the tags..for those who strayed into the thread by accident or something.

Coming to this thread without having played through is just asking to get spoiled, spoiler tags aren't a waterproof system, people have different ideas what should be between tags or not.

yay, Ep2 is finished, enjoyed the story, was bored by the gameplay and I really wish Valve had just spent a chunk of time developing All 3 episodes into one game because the gameplay is really feeling "same-old-same-old",

SPOILER----------
The ending part with all the striders felt just like the ending to Ep1 where it was just tacked on to extend gameplay by about 20 minutes.
-----------END SPOILER

All up Ep2 had better sets, character models, animation and effects but Ep1 felt a lot more satisfying and I HATED the underground grub section AND the small toxic sludge zombie section BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.

I was very sad at the end.

Also let me submit that the muscle car was a thousand times more awesome than the buggy, that Hunters were WAY harder to kill than I expected, and that I like how things are finally beginning to come full circle... it seems like there's an end in sight.

I swear, playing HL nine years ago I never, EVER thought it would come this far.

just finished the game, i really liked it but do agree it was kinda short. anyway, has anyone noticed this picture hanging on the wall near the end? makes me wonder who it is they "x-ed" out.
2h651d1.jpg

just finished the game, i really liked it but do agree it was kinda short. anyway, has anyone noticed this picture hanging on the wall near the end? makes me wonder who it is they "x-ed" out.
2h651d1.jpg

... Wtf? That's in hl2 also... :|

2h651d1.jpg

Breen is the one crossed out, that picture is in Klienier's lab in HL2. He probably took it with him when he fled City 17.

**** a duck! That game has the best graphics ever!
The ant lion caves were amazing looking for a start....
Did you guys not think the striders blowing up those houses was immense? You could drive through them as they exploded..***nning over hunters and then jumping out to take out the striders with the sticky bombs...OMG!
And my computer handled it perfectly which amazes me more....
Then the rocket launching bit...Holy crapola! That is without a doubt the best looking smoke I have ever seen in a game...Amazing, just amazing...

finally, I am getting this game in 4 days as compared to the previous 10. I can't wait..

I finished it a few days ago. Just... WOW. I love the hunters. They're so goddamn fast!! And the vorts look sooo good now, all slick and shiny, and their voice acting (sounds like a different guy) is great!
My ultimate favourite part is the Gman speech. He looks soooooo creepy with the lighting and new textures, and his voice acting is as awesome and cryptic as ever. I was sat there with my mouth open when I first saw it.
Magnusson for president of the world! He rocks!

Just finished episode 2 and have to say it was a great, although short, ride. I was a little bit underwhelmed by the final battle, maybe I was expecting something "bigger". Personally I dind't find the caves to be that interesing, once you got out into the open, things got better. My 3 favourite parts in the game:

1) The Ending: Was kind of sad, and really lets you wonder how Alyx will hold up in EP3.

2) Eli talking about wanting to have grandkids

3) Killing the first strider with the strider buster

Is there no trailer for the next episode like they one they included when releasing EP1? Would be interesting to get a first glimpse on where they are heading.

i actually now realise how much more awesome a properly optimised game is. I swear that was running at 100+ fps on my 3 year old pentium 4 at everything max settings. 4xAA 8xAF... what the hell. (Compared to games like bioshock or whatever where i struggle to get 30fps).

Oh and ep2 was above and beyond my expectations. I just love the pacing of the game, always action just around the corner, always changing the gameplay mechanics, it's soooo intelligent. Gabe is the bomb!

Oh and the massive views that were there every now and again like just at the start of the portal were impressive. The source engine is staying strong to looking pretty damn sexy still, despite it's age.

Favourite bits that i can remember:

- when you defend that room from all the tunnels with the antlions
- sneaking around on my ass avoiding that sentry gun while blasting zombies with my shotgun
- defending the inn from the combine
- finding and killing the advisor
- going through the zombie/antlion caves with the vortigant by my side

Back