The Mandatory Rate the last gig you Witnessed.

octopus project - hello avalanche - Hollywood, ca

8.5/10

Solid, quality music and a rocking good ****ing time. However, yvonne lambert's occasional theramin performance was only bearable because she was making handjob motions. Theramins sound like 50s sci fi lasers. I don't like that in my music.

Tomorrow night I'm going to see mogwai, I am so stoked I'm practically jumping out of my chair.

Mogwai are great live. You're in for a treat if they play We're No Here.

Pelican w/ Torche - Birmingham, Custard Factory

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWW.

My ears are still ringing. Torche were ridiculous - so blisteringly erratic, though the sound was a little shit. Stupid Bimingham.

Pelican were wonderful.

Rage Against the Machine + Metallica at the Reading festival.

Hands down amazing- particularly Rage Against the Machine. Only problem was that some sound level restriction forced them to turn the volume down a bit. Oh well, it sounded awesome anyway.

Next show I wanna see... wherever Muse is playing :D

Mogwai cancelled. This sucks hard. Like hours before the show. I think they've cancelled the rest of the tour in fact, someone said they're sick.

I was looking some stage's website and saw a Mogwai date, but it was cancelled. I was curious as to why. Hm.

yeah they're done. Martins pacemaker shat itself the night before the Boston show. I can't say I blame them. My god I hope they come back soon.

Wow, that sucks. :(

Have you heard the new album?

Rise Against - 8/10

I don't really like that band, but my friend needed someone to go with him (going to a concert alone is lame), so I went, only $30, they're decent, they got an 8 because of the moshing. I got kicked in the head twice by crowd surfers, and elbowed in the face, I got pushed all over the floor (literally, I was at back of crowd, side of crowd, front (stage), all over..). A bra landed on my head (people were throwing clothes all over) so I threw it back into the crowd. Then near the end I went at the way back where there was little moshing, and some random (****ing hot) girl came up behind me and put her hands on my shoulders and started like grinding me. Basically I gave the concert an 8 because some really hot chick rubbed her tits on my for like an hour. It's always good.

Im off to see Oasis tomorrow, although im actually working as security/event staff. If I dont get put inside the stadium im gonna be pissed though, nothing worse than hearing a gig going on and youre guarding the ***king carpark.

AC/DC - 10/10

****. The only thing I've ever seen that was better was Rush (nothing can top Rush). My ears only just stopped ringing about 3 hours ago, the concert was about 30 hours ago now. ****ing awesome, god dammit, I'm so glad I went, it was soooooo worth $150.

Sigur Ross - 10/10

Probably the most unique act Ive ever seen. Best ending ever.

Upcoming: AC/DC (high five dog--)

Recent: Nancy Griffith at Bells Bend. Some concert to save the state park, I think. It was decent. But they played Wish You Were Here, which is my favorite song ever <3

9/10

Andy McKee and Don Ross at Thekla, Bristol - 10/10

Absolutely amazing acoustic set by this duo. The venue was small, 150 people at best and the atmosphere was fantastic. Their style of playing and ability is second to none and it simply blew me away and made me want to burn my guitar. Best highlight was 'Drifting'.

Andy McKee and Don Ross at Thekla, Bristol - 10/10

Absolutely amazing acoustic set by this duo. The venue was small, 150 people at best and the atmosphere was fantastic. Their style of playing and ability is second to none and it simply blew me away and made me want to burn my guitar. Best highlight was 'Drifting'.

woah. lucky you. both of them, amazing guitarists, performing together, wish i could watch.

Yea, Brian Johnson was swinging off it, it was pretty cool. Opening video was awesome, they had a huge train with devil horns on it in the back, rising platform for Angus solo, etc, etc.

of Montreal - 999999/10

Oh my god ,of Montreal put on an AMAZING SHOW. I just got back and wow, I'm speechless, there is absolutely nothing I can ever say that will ever justify how crazy amazing the show was. I'm still all crazied out because I just got back but man oh man......no way, it was too awesome.

Nine Inch Nails: 9/10

Awesome set, awesome setlist; douchebags were douchebags.

I'm going to see NiN for the second time this coming Friday... I'm pumped!

I saw Metallica (second time) a couple weeks ago... I really enjoyed that one too... even more than the first time since their new album (which they played half of) is pretty darn good. Sound was awesome (and left me ringing 'til the next day haha). Also something that's really, really neat is you can buy the cd online of any concert on their tour...

Hopefully your crowd will be more into it. My crowd was shamefully tame during most of the show. Maybe all of their energy was gone after the energy**** that was March, Wish, Gave Up, Closer, etc. all in succession.

Going to Damnation Festival this weekend in Leeds and I cannot wait. Mountains Became Machines, Latitudes, *shels, Devil Sold his Soul... christ, that's gonna be an intense stage.

Last big gig:
The Whitlams - Perth, Aus at the Regal. 1st of Nov

Was awesome as ever. Tim Freedman was plastered as usual and drinking on stage, and provided very... suss backstories for most of the songs. Played all their hits, dancing was involved... 10/10

went to an Institute Polaire gig the following night. They're a local Perth band, but they're very tight and very awesome. If you are a fan of your alternative, I recommend getting some of their music. ;D

Global Gathering is on Sunday...

-D

Damnation Festival - 10/10

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Everyone should listen to and then go see Devil Sold His Soul.

Global Gathering 2008 - 10 outta 10

dsc05749dn0.jpg

dsc05803ft4.jpg

dsc05688vm5.jpg

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=mkIUVbhLzRM

And as an extension to that, Kraftwerk at GG! Was absolutely freaking awesome. Anyone who hasn't seen them live in concert, is soooo missing out! Now all we need is some kind of Kraftwerk vs Daft Punk...

El Ten Eleven at the 92Y Tribeca. Amazing ****ing show. Listening to the music online really doesn't show case how ****ing awesome these guys are.

The band that opened for them wasn't too bad either. Abigail Warchild they were called I think.

Broken Social Scene - 8/10 - November 27th 2008

It was exactly what i expected, with Issac Brock showing up to play a couple Modest Mouse songs. All in all having no Fiest or Haines really hurt a few of the songs on the set list. Probably the most irritating part of seeing a band like Broken Social Scene is the fact that of all the people on the stage and all the talent, two or three of them have to be arrogant, self-centred assholes and really make you re-think respecting a band like this so much.

In a nutshell: Andrew Whiteman you are a douchebag.

It was exactly what i expected, with Issac Brock showing up to play a couple Modest Mouse songs.

*envy*

I need to see Modest Mouse, in one form or the other, so much. :(

WHY WON'T THEY TOUR THE UK.

holy SHIT

PHISH is coming to north carolina this summer! i'm getting my ticket at the end of jan when they go on sale. this is a big deal for me, i cant ****ing wait

new years saw The Slackers, The Impalers, and the Struts. Surprisingly I thought the struts which were the opening band gave the best performance, the slackers were lacking which was unusual for them. Then again I wasn't entirely into the show, I was in an extended text conversation with my gf who was elsewhere and drunk and getting mad at chicks she somehow was sensing in my proximity.

haha, The Slackers were slacking, I guess.

yeah I was trying to avoid making that joke... ha

Chase and Status at Fu Bar and Zen

Holy jesus these guys were tight. The drop to a VIP of Eastern Jam was perhaps the single most ridiculous moment of the night. Chase (or was it Status) even went on to three decks at one point, and was playing flawless mixes and double-drops. I skanked until I could skank no longer. It was a whole bunch of fun. Plus the dubstep at Fu was ****ing hot. YEAH MAN

:thumbs:/10

Back