The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Jeezy - By The Way

Young Jeezy and T.I. are the only American, southern, semi-cookie cutter rappers I can stand

Charlie Parker - On A Slow Boat to China
Dave Brubeck - Love is Just Around the Corner

Every jazz chart needs a trombone solo.

In fact, trombone makes the world better.

Trombones FTW.

I <3 <3 Wycliffe Gordon; phenomenal player, great guy. Got to briefly meet him when he came to do a clinic & concert for the 2006 International Women's Brass Conference at ISU - he did a clinic called, "A Singing Approach to Jazz Improvisation" - very cool!

Modest Mouse - Autumn Beds

New single soon to be released alongside Satellite Skin and some other one yet to be unearthed, or at least to my knowledge. Love it, love it alot. If this is just what's left over from We Were Dead... then I am giddy with excitement to what they're going to release next as a full lenght release.

Better than Satellite Skin in my opinion.

Passion Pits - Sleepyhead

Better than Satellite Skin in my opinion.

Passion Pits - Sleepyhead

Much better, as is Guilty Cocker Spaniel. Satellite Skin has that ''single'' feel to it much akin to Float On and it really doesn't do much for me at all.

Lostprophets - A Thousand Apologies

Back some years ago, this band released this album, The Fake Sound of Progress and it blew my mind. It still does now, though not as much, but it's a serious groundbreaking album for my musical taste whilst growing up in high school. Brilliant stuff, just a shame they took a direction for the generic with more recent releases. Really difficult to listen to this and then think how much they changed... sad stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back