The Scout Update: CP_Egypt and more!

Question: If you can propel yourself into the air with the Force-A-Nature ("Classes with the ability to ascend rapidly... [such as] Scouts using the new scattergun unlockable"), what's the difference between that and a double jump?

If's there's not much (or the Force jump's better), where then is the cost to the Sandman?

Perhaps the cost is that Scouts that wield the Force-A-Nature but not the Sandman essentially get a triple jump, whereas Scouts that wield both only get a double jump. Wondering to see what the weakness of the Force-A-Nature is though.

And we don't know what the negative side effect of Force-A-Nature is yet. It could easily be something very punishing.

The weakness would be the scout who wields the sandman can only double jump when using the Force-A-Nature.

EDIT: Why was Corp. Sheepo banned?

It could be a close-range weapon - even moreso than the Scattergun. Even... melee.

Circular saw, people! It makes so much sense!

It could be a close-range weapon - even moreso than the Scattergun. Even... melee.

Circular saw, people! It makes so much sense!

they're not gonna replace the main with a ****ing mellee weapon... get a brain!

the circular saw in the achievement image is most likely a hint at some new environmental hazards such as huge circular saws in a sawmill etc.

If the new bat can be ranged, the new primary can be melee.

We can only hope that the Force-A-Nature isn't a saw. I'm hoping for a very powerful shotgun at close range.

There's no way that weapon is anything but the Scattergun.
Doesn't look exactly like it to me.

scattercompare.jpg

looks like it's missing the drum mag...so the FORCE-A-NATURE's(what a ****ign annoying name to type out btw) drawback I could image being only 2 shells before needing to reload ala a normal sawn off shotgun.

I imagine the "bullets" or blast radius (much like the Pyro's air blast) are going to have some real push back effect kinda like a rocket which I guess can be used as some sorta rocket jump as well. I also agree with the comment of it only having 2 shells and having to be reloaded like a normal sawn off shotgun.

That makes a lot of sense. I still think the fact that one of the achievements calls for killing people from behind means that it has some special damage bonus like the Butterfly Knife or Backburner. And it would make it a lot more fun to play the Scout as a sneaky flanking motherf*cker, which is how I play him all the time.

And why not just abbreviate the Force-A-Nature to FAN? It references the knockback, it's perfect :p

Maybe that is the Force-a-Nature's actual name - Much like the Killer Gloves of Boxing are just called the KGB. We'll find out in a few hours :D

How about inferior American time that is 10 hours behind your time so that Tuesday day time is actually Wednesday early morning for you. I am for one tired of waiting for you guys to catch up. You want the Monday Update? Well, it's Tuesday for me! I want the actual release! Now!

It's hard but we just have to face the facts that we are ahead in time so if it says Tuesday best to look on Wednesday, even though it's impossible not to keep checking every 5 mins!

Well, every other day the update came at 23:30. It's not 01:23, and I haven't seen it yet.

Back