The Walking Dead TV Series (AMC)

taviow

Tank
Reaction score
Source.

I've never read the comic but... well, I guess I'll be keeping an eye on this :p

The comic is interest, should do well with director of the mist/green mile/shawshank.

good news. really looking forward to this - love the comic.

I was anticipating coming in here and bitching about how sick i am of zombies, but this has so many talented people working on it... I'm actually fairly interested in it. Great director, one of the producers from Dexter, and on the network whose small handful of original shows includes Breaking Bad and Mad Men...

**** yeah im interested!

Walking Dead is a great series, hopefully this will follow suit.

Unknown stars are sometimes better, also sometimes really bad.

The books are great, so hopefully they will remain faithful to their spirit and not turn this into some mindless zombie series.

i've got a lot of faith in AMC, their original programming is first class.

looking good so far, very excited for this

the walking dead comic monthly release has been set back recently meaning issues are a few weeks behind schedule, but the latest story arc is getting really interesting. can't wait for the next issue.

OOOOoo... A zombie tv show, jawsome.

Just been reading up on this, seems its going to more serious than DeadSet.

dead set, whilst a good foundation to actually get something zombie related onto tv through a means other than a feature length film, was a bit too much for me and that's not usually something i'd say regarding horror and gore. i think it was the shitting in the bucket, the noises of that particular scene and the detailed chopping, sawing and pulling of guts in the last episode that put me off... that and the fact that all the characters were from the UK and based around big brother stereotypes ergo, utter ****s.

yeah, thinking about it, it was mostly just that. thank god i love most of the characters in the walking dead comics!

Awesome. Looking forward to this.

Gonna get me the comics to see what its like.

****ing awesome, I love the comics.

Just read The Walking Dead Volume I and I'm hooked, I better get to reading the rest before this comes on.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45528

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. “The Kirkmans are coming with us.”

After a night of ridiculous southern comfort food (I mean, fried ribs? Really?!?) at Fox Bros’ BBQ in Atlanta, Georgia I checked into my downtown hotel room and received a message from The Walking Dead’s publicist confirming my pick-up time the next morning… and with the above quoted sentence just thrown in there like it wasn’t anything.

If you’ve even glanced at this site in the last few weeks you’ve probably heard me gush over Robert Kirkman’s comic book THE WALKING DEAD. Since 2005 I’ve been a constant reader. No other publication has pulled me to the comic store like this since I was a kid.

WDrick.jpg

WDzom1.jpg

http://io9.com/5560455/walking-dead-takes-you-to-zombie-school

Here is the first ever set pic from AMC's Walking Dead series. Plus go inside Frank Darabont's zombie school. Just slapping on some terrifying makeup will not cut it. All zombie extras must attend a rigorous zombie-schooling process.

500x_wd.jpg

there's some other photos knocking about from the last few weeks that some guy took from his bedroom window whilst they were shooting, showing rick on horseback being chased through atlanta (presumably, if they're sticking to the book) and also of him on top of a downed tank being overrun by zombies - not from the book, although a tank is seen in one frame later in the first book. i really hope he doesn't get on top of it during the series and use the gun on the zombies...

also, when i saw the picture of rick walking down the road last week i had no idea it was the dude from teachers, or basically a english guy. that's pretty cool.

the above shots are pretty old now, but there's some new ones here http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/ including an interview with romeo make up artist greg nicotero. very very cool.

''Rick leaves his cruiser on the road. He’s hasn’t seen a zombie yet, just corpses. I believe he is completely unaware of the zombie uprising at all at this point. He walks down to the packed gas station, sees corpses in cars, sees the “No Gas” sign and then he suddenly hears something: a shuffling sound.''

i don't like the sound of this. from what i gathered of the shot of rick walking down the road with the gas can, i thought it was straight out of the comic when he runs out of gas and ends up taking a horse. this looks to be true... but not knowing of the zombies, or this being is first encounter, doesn't sit right with me.

I think some of the storylines will be abridged to give the show better pacing.

sounds like generic use a child as a horrifying, mentally crushing revelation to shock people if you ask me. the pacing works just fine having rick come across the zombies straight away, but besides... they should know that the comic works best because of how drawn out it is.

Well with a 6 episode first season and then a 13 episode season if it gets a renew, and given with AMC producing seasons yearly, I do think that they will speed up the pace just ever so slightly, it makes sense.

this change in the story isn't necessarily speeding up the pace, though. the pace is just fine because in the comic rick becomes aware of zombies within the first 2/3 pages. if this is going to be his first encounter, and presuming they keep with him waking up in hospital, finding a canteen full of zombies, coming across the girl in the road, meeting up with morgan and duane at his house, going to the police station THEN, from the tv series ''re-write'' only, coming across zombies... well, that's slowing the pace, if anything.

of course, this is all silly to presume until we actually see anything. all of that might not be included at all, so basically what i'm saying is they said they are going to be faithful, kirkman says this himself, but as the write-up goes, and keeping in mind all of the above, it's quite a drastic change to make. i'm weary of this now, as hyped for it i may be.

I wasn't taking bout the first story, I was talking about the pacing of story arcs further down the line, to get towards bigger story arcs. later on.

Thats all I mean.

Heard about this when they first announced it, piqued my interest but I've never read the comic. Guess I'll pick it up at some point before this airs. I have a lot of faith in AMC so I'm looking forward to it.

because of the announcement it was going to be AMC a few months back, and because i had ran out of other tv shows to watch, i finally started mad men and just recently breaking bad. i think the scene in the first season of breaking bad when they dissolve the dude in the bath and his insides come crashing through a melted floor speak volumes for the amount of freedom they're going to have here.

excited.

made a very good tv drama out of a very interesting subject

i'm sure a whole bunch of other things, too, but i'm only on series one of mad men so i can't properly answer

because of the announcement it was going to be AMC a few months back, and because i had ran out of other tv shows to watch, i finally started mad men and just recently breaking bad. i think the scene in the first season of breaking bad when they dissolve the dude in the bath and his insides come crashing through a melted floor speak volumes for the amount of freedom they're going to have here.

excited.

breaking bad is super raw for a cable show, it's up there with HBO shows in terms of violence, it just doesn't have the same amount of titties. mad men and breaking bad are both fantastically well-made pieces of television.

So I heard. I'm going to start watching that soon. Want to be ready for the 4th season in time.

Well if you think about a comic, if a comic had a runtime, it'd probably be 10 to 25 mins per comic, depends on pacing.

the tank thing seems to be as i expected then. what a bummer. there is now that and the whole reveal of zombies at a gas station scene that is going to be in this which is not from the comics.

still excited, just sucks to see such changes.

Wait, what? Did the first season air already?

No. We have absolutely no idea when it's going to air (we only know it's going to be in October, probably). That's the funny thing, they're just so certain it's going to be a success they already ordered the 2nd season.

No. We have absolutely no idea when it's going to air (we only know it's going to be in October, probably). That's the funny thing, they're just so certain it's going to be a success they already ordered the 2nd season.

not so uncommon in tv. recently treme had season 2 ready to announce before season 1 aired, for example.

it's also darabont, as love_nutz said. i'm sure producers and suits have faith in him.

Back