The Walking Dead TV Series (AMC)

That's some good stuff.

I could totally watch the entire comic like that.

I'm very sure a good version of that trailer will be released soon. I recommend you all wait for it. Gonna post it here as soon as it becomes available.

We can all agree that AMC was the very best on tv, but now we can all agree AMC has become the best channel in the universe.

Waiting for a better quality trailer. And yeah, AMC is fantastic. I never even knew of them before Breaking Bad though. Well, I knew they played classic movies a lot, but I didn't know they made original shows as well. Hopefully this fame and popularity doesn't all go to their heads though.

Haven't heard of AMC or Walking Dead before, but I was sold at "Frank Darabont Zombie Television Show"

Both AMC and The Walking Dead are top quality, so I'm expecting great things. Never seen anything Frank Darabont has had a hand in, though.

Both AMC and The Walking Dead are top quality, so I'm expecting great things. Never seen anything Frank Darabont has had a hand in, though.

The Mist was pretty laughably awful, but The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption were both wonderful adaptations.

also waiting for a better quality trailer. right now all i can see of that cam rip is a still of a zombiefied child and i'm left thinking COME ON NOW hasn't the child slash demon in cute yet menancingly bloody and ripped doll clothes been done to death already? kirkman probably didn't include that in the comic story specifically because it's so overdone.

i hope i'm wrong, mind.

No. I've only even heard of it by name. I have no idea what it's even about.

That's perfect. You should see it without knowing anything about it. That's what I did. Just know that it's as good as or even better than Dexter.

Edit: Comic-Con panel info.

What They Talked About: What to expect from the show, mostly. (Zombies, if you were wondering.) In fact, Hurd put it rather simply: “If you’re a zombie fan, look no further than The Walking Dead.” But because this is Comic-Con, panel attendees wanted to know how the show will relate to Kirkman’s series. And they were pleased by what they heard. Kirkman is actively involved with the show—he actually wrote episode four. To the fans, Bernthal assured, “We’re really trying to get this right for you.”

watched the trailer: on the one hand, looks good but on the other, lots of strange, (for now) unnessecary changes and the acting looked a little wooden, but like always with my posts in this thread, i'll reserve judgement in this case for a proper rip of the trailer.

biggest irk right now is how shane started as a broad shouldered crew-cut mountain of a man in the comic to a curly haired scrawny kid. i understand it's a guy from the pacific, though, and even if his role was cut short in... episode three i think it was, he was quite good in that.

The Mist was pretty laughably awful, but The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption were both wonderful adaptations.

Bullshit.
The Mist was great, maybe not as good or no where near as good as the other two movies but still pretty good.

whoa different opinions steady on guys

anyway, the back pages of the new issue of the walking dead (75) has some promo images of the characters, or rick, shane, carl, lori, dale, andrea, amy and dale at least. they look pretty good, actually. it also has this crazy batshit spin-off comic about aliens in the walking dead but it's just a joke, and also some nice advertisments for the show. getting quite excited now.

That's perfect. You should see it without knowing anything about it. That's what I did. Just know that it's as good as or even better than Dexter.

This. Yorick, go watch it as soon as you can. Its one of the best TV shows I have ever seen. I feel I know your tastes pretty well based off your posts in this section, so I will guarantee that you'll love it.

As for the Mist. Its a pretty bad movie, but I can't help but like it for whatever reason. I think it was executed just well enough for the setting to engross me.

**** sake, video not available in my country

also, is halloween really the best move in terms of ratings? i mean, i know it's usually a ''kids'' thing, but over here people go out and use it as an excuse to dress up really silly and just party so i can only imagine how big it is in the states... or is it? i dunno, seems like a bold move. still, i won't be watching it as it airs anyway as i'm in the uk, but as soon as i get home, hopefully drunk and dressed as either a) a dharma worker from lost or b) a ghostbuster, i plan on finding it as quick as i can. can't wait.

That looks great.
Although, some of the zombies look very hit and miss.

I've got a raging boner after watching that trailer.
So many zombie related movies are just terrible, but this looks very promising.

thanks for posting the official trailer
can't wait!

wdpz.jpg

that's a sexy poster, lovely composition. would like that as a desktop background.

The one thing I can't get over about the trailer is that they use some seriously generic stock sound clips for the main character's revolver. It completely destroys the immersion for me. I've heard it in way too many other places for it to sound anywhere near in-context during any of the scenes where he shoots it.

Me too, but it still worries me a little. I'm way too type-A to be able to fully enjoy a show that uses that sound :p

Don't know why, but I only just now got around to watching the trailer.

Looks just like 28 Days Later, only without any of the originality.

and with zombies, and action.

looking good, opening credits especially.

Back