the War on Drugs

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
.... is out of control

On January 7, 2008 a paramilitary police unit in North Little Rock, Arkansas conducted a drug raid on Tracy Ingle's home. Ingle says he had fallen asleep for several hours, and was asleep when the raid happened. He awoke when the police took a battering ram to his door. Another team of officers approached form the outside of the house, and shattered the window to his bedroom.

? When he awoke, Ingle says he thought his home was being invaded by armed robbers. He reached for a broken gun, a pretty clear indication that he had no intention of killing anyone, but rather was trying to scare away the intruders. When he grabbed the gun, an officer inside the house fired his weapon. The bullet hit Ingle just above the knee, shattered his thigh bone, and nearly severed his lower leg. When the outside officers heard the shot, they opened up on Ingle, hitting him four more times. According to Ingle's sister, one bullet still rests just above Ingle's heart, and can't be removed.

Ingle was taken to the hospital, and spent a week-and-a-half in intensive care. He was then removed from intensive care?still in his hospital pajamas?and taken to the North Little Rock police department, where he was questioned for five hours. He was not told he was suspected of a crime, and his family wasn't allowed to speak with him. After the interrogation, he was arrested and transferred to the county jail.

? Ingle spent the next four days in jail. He says he was never given his pain medication or his antibiotics. Though hospital nurses told him to change his bandages and clean his wounds every 4-6 hours, Ingle told the Arkansas Times that jail officials changed them only twice in four days. Ingle's wounds became infected during the time he was in jail.

? Police found no illegal drugs in Ingle's home. They did find a scale, which Ingle's sister tells me was an extra she was given when she worked at a medical testing facility. She used it in her jewelry-making hobby. They also found a bunch of small plastic bags. Again, Ingle's sister says these were part of her business. "I was leaving the country for a while, and I stored a lot of my stuff at his house," she told me. "The scale and bags were mine, and are both common things to have for anyone who makes jewelry." Police also found the broken gun and a broken police scanner.

? From those items, the police charged Ingle with running a drug enterprise. They also charged him with assault, for pointing his broken gun at the police officers who had just barged into his home. The judge set Ingle's bail at $250,000, explaining that it had to be set high because Ingle had engaged in a shootout with police?never mind that Ingle didn't fire a shot. Ingle was able to sell his car to pay a bail bondsman.

http://reason.com/blog/show/126284.html

it goes on to describe how the warrent wasnt specific to the perp ..this looks like they just got the wrong address and shot an innocent man for nothing

I love the American Justice System.

Scum like that should rot in prison. I hope he gets raped and beaten every day.

That drug dealing asshole. Jail is too good for him actually, do they have the death penalty in Arkansas?

did you read the article? he wasnt a drug dealer ..they shot the wrong guy

and the death penalty for dealing drugs? ok you're pulling my chain ..does that include dime baggers or just Tony Montana style drugpins?

Drug dealers like that are worse than animals! They're like viruses crossed with cockroaches crossed with centipedes! I hope they all get nasty run-ins with Fierce Snakes.

That drug dealing asshole. Jail is too good for him actually, do they have the death penalty in Arkansas?

Too true mate. All ABC store owners should be lined up on a wall and shot like the dogs they are. Don't even get me started on gas station attendants. They sell cigarettes like they're goddamned candy.

Come on, the guy had f'ing dime bags and a scale. He's a dealer for sure, and he's just asking to get shot by pulling a broken gun. Even if it was robbers at the door he woulda gotten shot. And robbers wouldn't have taken him to the hospital.

Drug dealers like that are worse than animals! They're like viruses crossed with cockroaches crossed with centipedes! I hope they all get nasty run-ins with Fierce Snakes.

ffs man read the goddam article, he wasnt a drug dealer, they got the wrong address

Come on, the guy had f'ing dime bags and a scale. He's a dealer for sure, and he's just asking to get shot by pulling a broken gun. Even if it was robbers at the door he woulda gotten shot. And robbers wouldn't have taken him to the hospital.

no one reads beyond the title of a thread and occasionally the first paragraph

Police found no illegal drugs in Ingle's home. They did find a scale, which Ingle's sister tells me was an extra she was given when she worked at a medical testing facility. She used it in her jewelry-making hobby. They also found a bunch of small plastic bags. Again, Ingle's sister says these were part of her business. "I was leaving the country for a while, and I stored a lot of my stuff at his house," she told me. "The scale and bags were mine, and are both common things to have for anyone who makes jewelry."

Incredible. I rage'd so hard at that article.

Obviously he used the police scanner to hear them coming, flushed the product and acted like an idiot when they knocked. Did you read the guys background? Stolen cars, DWIs, all his roommates were well known to the police. His cousin was living there who just got out of jail for cooking meth. Definite scumbag. Oh no, it's impossible to imagine his sister lying to the police to cover for him.

I've learned not to trust any article that Stern posts, because they always take one side of the story and blow it out of proportion to make it sensational.

ITT Stern's sarcasm detector is defective. Let's all stop taking advantage of that fact.

Anyway, pretty atrocious. Quite apart from the actual shooting incident, you'll find, if you read all the stuff, that the guy and his case seem to have been pretty systematically abused after the fact by the local police and courts.

Dan said:
I've learned not to trust any article that Stern posts, because they always take one side of the story and blow it out of proportion to make it sensational.
Unless you're taking the piss, you don't seem to have read all the articles - the police have plenty of opportunities to give their account as well.

Obviously he used the police scanner to hear them coming, flushed the product and acted like an idiot when they knocked. Did you read the guys background? Stolen cars, DWIs, all his roommates were well known to the police. Definite scumbag. Oh no, it's impossible to imagine his sister lying to the police to cover for him.

Flawless logic. Oh wait, except 1) nobody can monitor a police scanner 24/7, 2) if he knew they were coming he wouldn't have done something moronic like point a broken gun at them

ffs man read the goddam article, he wasnt a drug dealer, they got the wrong address

That's HIS story!
You think a hardened dealer would just admit to it? He obviously had his gun primed to self-destruct if he got caught so that it would appear "broken".

I'm with Dan here. So the Sister vouched for him so he wouldn't go to jail, not uncommon.

A Police Scanner, Scale, Bags, the only thing missing was the drugs, which he could have been out.

All of that is a rather large coincidence. But still, the cops were ****ing retards to just run into the house and fill him full of bullets and treat him like shit like they did. I'd sue if I were him.

A scale, some bags and a police scanner is hardly that uncommon of stuff to have.

I cant tell who is being serious or not in this thread. Im leaving.

Bring back the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags. :(

Obviously he used the police scanner to hear them coming, flushed the product and acted like an idiot when they knocked. Did you read the guys background? Stolen cars, DWIs, all his roommates were well known to the police. His cousin was living there who just got out of jail for cooking meth. Definite scumbag. Oh no, it's impossible to imagine his sister lying to the police to cover for him.

not only did you not read the article you didnt even read the excerpt from the OP:

Police also found the broken gun and a broken police scanner

I've learned not to trust any article that Stern posts, because they always take one side of the story and blow it out of proportion to make it sensational

as the above quote clearly demonstrates you dont read the articles anyways. That said, it's a blog of course it's editorialised; they're not presenting it as a news story but in any event there is documentation throught out the article that coroborates his story

some of you allow your antagonism towards me cloud your better judgement

So I guess having the wrong combination of legal items in your house means you deal drugs...

It's too bad he can't bring small sandwiches to his annual science scale seminar without being pulled over for speeding.

I've got nothing against you; it's your biased statements I have truck with. You would rather say something full of hyperbole that draws attention than state the plain facts. The mere fact that you seek out the most bizarre stories to "entertain us" with is evidence of the fact.

Lol at another Stern's "Hey look guys, USA sux" thread.

I'm with Dan here. So the Sister vouched for him so he wouldn't go to jail, not uncommon.

A Police Scanner, Scale, Bags, the only thing missing was the drugs, which he could have been out.

All of that is a rather large coincidence. But still, the cops were ****ing retards to just run into the house and fill him full of bullets and treat him like shit like they did. I'd sue if I were him.

^This.

I've got nothing against you; it's your biased statements I have truck with. You would rather say something full of hyperbole that draws attention than state the plain facts. The mere fact that you seek out the most bizarre stories to "entertain us" with is evidence of the fact.

Well, it's not like he's wrong in this case... the war on drugs is pretty much an astounding failure in terms of anything other than the effectiveness of anti-drug propaganda associated with it.

My dear, dear Stern, you fail a little more every day.

:upstare: yes you have me all figured out

Polaris said:
Lol at another Stern's "Hey look guys, USA sux" thread.

ya that must be it ...stfu

[sarcasm]Shut up Tenacious, we totally dont need sarcasm tags[/sarcasm]

/sarcasm

This is no joke kids. Selling weed to other people is a deadly business. It's so bad for people were willing to shoot you to stop you from getting hurt.

I don't know when the apathy level in this forum went over 9000, but it's totally awesome.

This thread is epic fail. The police raid is also epic fail. Iraq on a smaller scale.

You're correct, except in this particular case, you're not correct.

Sometimes there are factual problems with the stuff posted (cf. 'wizardry') but in this case all the articles that are linked are fairly objective, and if you actually read them all you'll find that your criticisms (oh he was obviously a drug dealer!) barely touch on the bulk of the story, as well as being based on some errors of your own (the police scanner was broken, so it's unlikely that he used it to monitor anything). If you're being serious, you're also being absurd; it sounds like you skim-read the OP summary and didn't bother reading any further. If not, ha ha ha.

They found no drugs.

Those ****ers, half of them probably smoke weed themselves

How the hell can they charge him if they found no drugs?

Back