the War on Drugs

@ Dan, even if by some stretch of the imagination you were right, and he was a high profile drug dealer who'd just run out of stash, they STILL would have found drugs in his household.

When you run out of product, you don't just magically become clean of drugs. There's still going to be a shitload of permanent residue left on your scale, and there WILL be an insane amount of crumbs around your household. Drugs are messy, they don't just disappear and leave you immune to the law.

so by having a scale you get shoot and locked in jail?

anyway the war on drugs will not succed,here in spain everyone uses drug like candy and is such a normal thing to everyone and you can walk on the street and feel the smell of marijuana in the air,and if the rest of the world is like that them I dont see a bright future for the war on drugs,cuz hey even in this forum you see people talking about drugs like a normal thing

and if stern post too much USA-bashing treads is because he is just a comunist nothing else

No, it's not "normal thing" in Europe. Do you what kind of people are involved in fabrication of drugs like heroine? Nice guys from Afghanistan and Pakinstan who are killing our people in their silly holy war, it's true.

think about that when you eat a poppy seed muffin

No, it's not "normal thing" in Europe. Do you what kind of people are involved in fabrication of drugs like heroine? Nice guys from Afghanistan and Pakinstan who are killing our people in their silly holy war, it's true.

and who buy it?

This thread made me lul hard. Thank you Eejit.

Oh for goddamn ****'s sake with extra mayo and whorecheese, I just don't know anymore with you guys. From here on out, please preface all posts of an even slight political tangent (ie - all posts directed at Cpt Stern) with either [PENIS PENIS SARCASM PENIS] or [TTLY SRS BSNS GYZ]. Any and all detractors will be shot and/or bludgeoned with a broken pistol and any weed on his or her person consumed then and there by an albanian husky chihuahua named Jimmity Bob, so sayeth the lord and saviour ****knuckle****ity****pissshitdick Jones.

My friend sells coke to the cops in his town. I think that sums up my feelings on law enforcement.

What's your point?

is that your coment of the whole drugs thing being the fault of the taliban is ridiculous and sure is a joke right?

USA and europe,especially spain,are the mayor buyers and it seems so soccially acepted to the people,in my country its not so socially acpeted even if there is consume,also from be next to one of the mayor producers

even in this forum was various threads where people posted about drugs and stuff and all that stuff looks like normal things to them,even here in spain

so in my opinion the war on drugs is lost,if the demand continue the traffic too

It's true that much of the time if you buy drugs the money may well be going towards very bad causes. But arguably this is the fault of the law in the first place, or at least the law lets it continue. If drugs are illegal, but everybody still wants them, gangsters are going to be the ones conducting the business. See also: Al Capone and the american Prohibition, or, say, prostitution - wouldn't it be better if that was legal and the women had a union, instead of it being part of the criminal underworld?

Of course, when you buy anything, you're often funding horrible things, even indirectly. Some people would say that all money in the modern world is blood money.

Okay I've only read the first page thus far... Stern's inability to take things as anything other than serious makes me laugh.

Sorry Stern, but it's funny.

It's true that much of the time if you buy drugs the money may well be going towards very bad causes. But arguably this is the fault of the law in the first place, or at least the law lets it continue. If drugs are illegal, but everybody still wants them, gangsters are going to be the ones conducting the business. See also: Al Capone and the american Prohibition, or, say, prostitution - wouldn't it be better if that was legal and the women had a union, instead of it being part of the criminal underworld?

Of course, when you buy anything, you're often funding horrible things, even indirectly. Some people would say that all money in the modern world is blood money.

Agreed. If the government wanted less drug related crime they would legalize the drugs(or at least the ones that are safer than current legal recreational drugs) and therefor the drug dealers wouldn't be able to compete and you take that money out of criminal hands and into the government. What a wonderful thing that would be, but apparently the government hasn't caught up with reality and science yet and continues the war on drugs to terrorize people who make safer recreational choices other than driving drunk and crashing into a family.

This thread made me lul hard. Thank you Eejit.
Okay I've only read the first page thus far... Stern's inability to take things as anything other than serious makes me laugh.

Sorry Stern, but it's funny.

This.

Two great days in a row.

"and you take that money out of criminal hands and into the government."

Err, but then they wouldn't be criminals. So what's the problem? If it was legal, why would they not be able to compete? They have the most experience, and they'd be able to deal much easier now that it's legal.

Just my thoughts, sorry if I'm missing something.

"and you take that money out of criminal hands and into the government."

Err, but then they wouldn't be criminals. So what's the problem? If it was legal, why would they not be able to compete? They have the most experience, and they'd be able to deal much easier now that it's legal.

Just my thoughts, sorry if I'm missing something.

Because illegally obtained weed would be more expensive and riskier than legally obtained. The only option for the illegal drug dealers would be to legalize their business in which case they would be a contributing member of society and no longer a drug dealer. Legalization works out for the better for everyone!(srsly)

Oh no, I didn't say legalization was bad, don't assume things.

But I don't understand, how can you illegally obtain something that is legal? What part of them obtaining it is illegal?

"legalize their business in which case they would be a contributing member of society and no longer a drug dealer"

lol? Meaningless semantics?

Oh no, I didn't say legalization was bad, don't assume things.

But I don't understand, how can you illegally obtain something that is legal? What part of them obtaining it is illegal?

In a scenario where marijuana was legal, there would be a lot of taxes, and associated paperwork, not to mention god knows what else. You could illegally grow (unlicensed or whatever) or illegally sell/distribute marijuana without going through the proper hoops. However there wouldn't be many people doing this compared to how many sell illegal drugs currently. It would marginalize marijuana-related drug crime, which is quite a bit of drug crime when you consider that marijuana is by far the most widespread, popular illegal drug there is (it's the number one cash crop in America after all, I shit you not).

Don't you think a lot of dealers would utilize their experience and go legit? It'd be a good opportunity, right?

Or do you think they'd just switch to a drug that was still illegal :p

We need an actual drug dealer's opinion in here.

Don't you think a lot of dealers would utilize their experience and go legit? It'd be a good opportunity, right?

Or do you think they'd just switch to a drug that was still illegal :p

We need an actual drug dealer's opinion in here.

It depends really. My guess is a lot of them would quit their side job of dealing. Growers are the ones that would probably go legit and continue that practice as they have actual skills. My guess is most dealers would stick with illegal drugs but seeing as how weed is far more common it might not be that worth it for them anymore.

Some dealers would go legal, which is what Glirk was talking about (and which you responded to with "meaningless semantics?"). Some would do other things entirely. Others would traffic marijuana illegally (not many), and others would sell other illegal drugs instead. The illegal drug market is based on demand not availability, so more dealers just means more competition amongst them, not an explosion of hard drug use.

I'm not a drug dealer but my opinion is pretty valid cause I've known my fair share of them.

Hmm good point, I suppose dealers would use their fuzz-dodging skills to keep selling illegal drugs, that makes sense. I forgot that dealers aren't growers. Aren't there pretty solid partnerships between dealers and growers sometimes though?

I really hope MN passes the law for medical marijuana. My friends and I are totally gonna open a coffee shop called wake and bake.

There's a breakfast place in maine called the Wake and Bakery. You choose a piece, order your food, go out back to, er, "bake", and then come back in and eat. My friend says the food was delicious as well :D

Stop with that shit, zombieturtle, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

i thought drug dealers can telport when they are in danger

Look all of you who are defending this animal are just as bad as he is. I hope you all get marked as drug-dealer sympathisers by the police and are subject to frequent body cavity searches.

Eejit you are worse at trolling than I am! Everyone knows Eejit likes the drugs.

The worst part about this is that all you need in order to be charged with drug dealing is a scale and baggies. Not even drugs. That is a serious offense for such common items and no evidence.

The worst part about this is that all you need in order to be charged with drug dealing is a scale and baggies. Not even drugs. That is a serious offense for such common items and no evidence.

I have a scale in my kitchen... and baggies up in the cupboard. :eek:

Scales in homes are common these days anyways... baggies too. Scales often for people trying to measure food(yes even in grams and ounces), and baggies for god knows what... sandwiches, etc etc.

Baggies get you ****ing high, man. Trust me.

Christ, I hate it when the fuzz nail innocent people. I hope they are reprimanded for this, because this sure as hell isn't the first time.

Back