The Wikipedia Game - now with prize!

Bob_Marley

Tank
Reaction score
NOTE: If this offends anyone, please mention it and I'll take it down. I am in no way anti-semetic, it just so happens that this works due to the infamous nature of the person and their impact on history.

Ok, so this is something I noticed the other day when I was using Wikipedia. So far I haven't been able to break it, and trust me, I've tried.

Heres my hypothesis: Any article on Wikipedia can get you to the Hitler article in 4 clicks of links to other articles or less. So, we are trying to prove thie hypothesis wrong.

Name of the game is '4 Clicks to Hitler'. The object is to find a Wikipedia article that can NOT get to the Adolf Hitler article in 4 clicks or less through links inside the article. I'll give an example of what I mean by getting to the Adolf Hitler article:

Loses Game:
1. Cow
2. France
3. World War II
4. Adolf Hitler

All of the 'clicks' are links in the article text, that link to other Wikipedia articles. The example I gave would lose the game, because it got to the Adolf Hitler article in 4 or less clicks.

Wins Game (Hypothetical):
1. KingofCamelot
2. Project Reality
3. BF2
4. DICE
5. Sweden
-----------------------
6. Adolf Hitler
Too Many Clicks, Game Won

So, the object of this game is to find an article that can NOT get to the Adolf Hitler article in 4 clicks or less. When numbering the articles, the 1st article, the base article, does NOT count as one of the 4 clicks.

So far no winning article has been found.

Rules:
To make the game fair, the article has to have atleast one link in it, and lets make a two sentence minimum for base articles.
Post the article name here if you think it wins the game. Others should then confirm that you can not do it in 4 clicks.
Please post articles you try that lose the game, so that we may keep a running list of losing articles.
Disambiguation pages only count as a base article if they are an article in it of themselves. (IE, Texture counts as base article, while Project Reality does not)
NO EDITING OR CREATING ARTICLES TO WIN THE GAME

Hints:
Generic dates without a year can easily lead to the WWII article, avoid them.
Any countries involved in WWII are an easy way to the WWII article, avoid them.

Hope thats easy enough to understand. Might need some cleaning up to make it easier to understand.

Please make posts in this thread as you find articles that don't win. I'm convinced that every article on Wikipedia can get to the Hitler one in 4 clicks or under, so lets keep a running list of articles that can't win the game.

KEEP IT CLEAN

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I don't understand the point of the game?
A: The aim is to get an article that will not link to the Hitler article in 4 clicks or less. The easiest way to see if your article does not link the Hitler article in 4 clicks or less, is to see how fast you can get to the Hitler article in question from your original word/topic.

Q: Does the start article count as one of the 4 clicks?
A: No, the base article doesn't count as one of the clicks. The clicks are just that, clicks on links once you are in the base article.

------------------------------------------------------
Anyone who can find a winning article while following the rules and can have it confirmed by other posters will win $10.
------------------------------------------------------

Prize will only be valid for the first winner.

Articles That Lose:
Advil
Mac Book Pro
Cow
Dog
Cat
Jamba Juice
Oak Tree
Wheelbarrow
LED
Alligator Clips
Cumulonimbus Clouds
Gund
Terrace Deposit
Alpaca
Skittles
European Union
Germany
Bus
Public Transportation
Chewing gum
US Armed Forces
Santa Claus
Trane
President of Germany
Trap Door
Secret Passage
School Bus
Post-World War II Baby Boom
Yo-Yo
Declaration of War
Legislature
Ali Abdullah Saleh
General People's Congress
Coca-Cola
Pencil
Camelot
English Language
King Kong
United States
Michael Jackson
August 29
Ink
Europe
Staple
Hammer
East Germany
Bill Gates
October 28
Atlantis
Western Europe
Maple Syrup
Canada
Glottochronology
Proto-language
Quantum Hydrodynamics
Lev Landau
Russian Language
Frosties
Burger King
Dinosaurs
Berlin
Steve Irwin
Australia
Bill Clinton
Culture of Ireland
Horn of Africa
Nationalism
Algebra
Korfball
The Netherlands
Sol
Danish
Bodyboarding
Foyle and Londonderry College
Northern Ireland
Imperial Germany
Mars
November 10
Worm
Cactus
Old World
Francisco de Orellana
Amazon Rainforest
Spain
Tin
Meissner Effect
Air
August 22
Blaise Pascal
French
Hubble Space Telescope
NASA
United States Government
Munich
Pistol Star
Kool-Aid Man
Kool-Aid
Bunny Hopping
Half-Life
November 15
Fokker F70
Austrian Airlines
Aileron
Alexander Graham Bell
August 2
Bugs Bunny
Donkey Kong
Tetris
Pong
Pac-Man
Soviet Union
Mario
King Kong (movie)
Love
The Beatles
Hate
Prejudice
Peace
War
Pride
Nazisim
Humility
Friedrich Nietzsche
Virtue
English Language
Courage
Aristotle
March 7
Television
Cotton
Couch
Textile
Parachute
Corridor
Highway
Autobahn
Ban
South Africa
Messier 81
Johann Elert Bode
Clef
Babylonian mathematics
Ancient Greece
Mexico
Bell (Crater)
Alexander Graham Bell
August 2
Bell Pit
Coal
Nazi Germany
Paintball
Scenario Paintball
Blattle of the Bulge
Axis Powers
God
Western Culture
Proto-Germanic Language
Germanic Languages
Chang'e
China
Sylvia Plath
Genocide
Racism
Persecution
Concept
Immanuel Kant
Germans
List of Germans
Abstraction
Douglas Hofstadter
Happiness
Stefan Klein
Otto von Bismarck
Karl Marx
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Animal Farm (book)
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Dr. Seuss
Great Depression
Tom Cruise
Liverpool
British National Party
Patriotism
Western Culture
Djinni
Integer
German Language
Subtraction
Mathematics
Carl Friedrich Gauss
Hornwort
Plant
Washington
Woot
Leetspeak
Battlefield 1942
Texture Mapping
Bresenham's line algorithm
Texture
Painting
Computer Science
IBM
Tactition
Caffeine
Dust
Raster Graphics
Texas Instruments
Poll (horse)
Dressage
Hat
Wool
New Zealand

This was discoverd by [R-DEV]KingofCamelot on the Project reality forums. http://realitymod.com/forum/

If you want to claim the prize, you must register there.

Have fun!

Elephant of course.

How do you figure out if it does? Do you have to click every single link to guarantee it?

Elephant
Alexander the Great
World War II
Adolf Hitler

Failure!

Elephant
Alexander the Great
World War II
Adolf Hitler

Failure!

Damn. That was a random guess by the way. <sigh> How did you figure it out so fast anyways?

By the way... Remote Control is a failure.

I don't know if it's even possible to find a winning answer. Might be one or two. But anything that references to a country, will undoubtedly lose. A small country mentions a larger company, which ultimately mentions world war II article.

Do stubs count? Cause some stubs have almost no information at all.

glue stic
adhesives
caulk
nuclear reactor
nuclear bomb
nazi germany

HITLER

I WIN

This is quite funny. I thought "Television" at random, and the first link I saw was 'France'.

Merde! I gasped.

Wouldn't that glue stick article be a stub anyways? Just not marked?

You fail though...

Glue stick

glue
postage stamp gun
germany
hitler

EVERY article can be referenced back to a major country which in turn is referenced to world war, and hitler.

EVERY article can be referenced back to a major country which in turn is referenced to world war, and hitler.
He's right. I thought I could fool it with something completely distant from Mr Hitler: -

Wombat
1. Earliest Human Inhabitants
2. English
3. World War 2
4. Hitler

Plus merde.

Start with something REALLY obscure, like "Fimir" or "Zoat".

-Angry Lawyer

He's right. I thought I could fool it with something completely distant from Mr Hitler: -

Wombat
1. Earliest Human Inhabitants
2. English
3. World War 2
4. Hitler

Plus merde.

I can even speed the process for you...

Wombat
1.Austrailia
2.Germany
3.Hitler

I gotta go to bed. But when I wake up I can devote some time to speedily disproving any claims. I have entered like 15 dozen terms, and I figured out the fastest routes to find the hitler article. So each article is done in seconds. :)

I personally guarantee that it is impossible, unless the article is a complete stub and has pretty much no links.

Start with something REALLY obscure, like "Fimir" or "Zoat".

-Angry Lawyer

Zimir
1.Fomorians
2.Africa
3.Germany
4.Hitler

Zoat
1.Games Workshop
2.Germany
3.Hitler

I tried something hitler didnt know much about. Taste. A man with a dead rat on his face has no knowledge of taste. Therefore, the WP article on Taste is a winner.

Taste > Social Class > Politics > Hitler D:

Or Taste > Pope Julius III > Italy > Germany

It's IMPOSSIBLE.

I hope you people don't waste time. It's fun to try to figure it out, but it can't be done.

With that... i'm going to bed. I better not wake up and find this thread is 16 pages. I don't want to miss too much.

you pretty much have to stay way from europe. Try some small unknown asian country, or maybe some island that has never done anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playable_character

I've scanned this one a fair bit and only got to Hitler in 5. Someone will probably prove me wrong, but it's hard to get out of the initial computer game orientated network.

Playable Character
1. Metroid
2. Nintendo
3. Germany
4. Hitler

I need a way to show how people's guess is wrong, without making a new post each time. Argh.

i think raziaar is right, whatever you think of it will always be linked to a person, place, or date.

then person has a place or date in the article than eventually gets to germany and hitler

places can always be linked to germany then hitler

and date will usually link to something like ''famous things in the 20th century'' which obviously links to hitler

still trying though if i think something can slip by somehow :E

Playable Character
1. Metroid
2. Nintendo
3. Germany
4. Hitler

I need a way to show how people's guess is wrong, without making a new post each time. Argh.

Also:
1. Personality
2. Hans Eysenck
3. Nazi
4. Hitler

Hehe, this is hard.

I know of a cool Wiki game, but the script only works on the Dutch version so far. It takes an article and another random article and you need to find the quickest path to it.

http://www.bulklist.nl/wiki/

Playable Character
1. Metroid
2. Nintendo
3. Germany
4. Hitler
Ain't that five?

In any case:

1. Player character
2. Fictional Character
3. Racist/Racism
4. Adolf Hitler

I think we should try our best not to resort to 'Germany'. That's too easy, and will likely result in no possible wins.

OK, OK, you guys have proved me wrong on the playable character front. :sleep:

Back