The Witcher 3: The WIld Hunt

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Ok so the Witcher is probably one of my favorite RPG-style games of this generation. The first one to me was an instant classic and the second one, while much more linear and not nearly as open world, still told a great story and was incredibly fun to play. The trailer below basically has me salivating and I literally cannot wait for this to hit PC. Looks like I'll have to buy a new video card though, doesn't look like even a GTX680 will hold up with these visuals. Looks like theyre going back to their open world element from the first one while improving upon all the great additions of the second. Should easily be my GOTY 2014.

Actual gameplay (sorry I couldnt embed from this shit computer at work):
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-debut-gameplay-trailer

doesn't look like even a GTX680 will hold up with these visuals.
Maybe not if you're playing at 2650x1600 with Ubersampling on. Ubersampling is unnecessary as hell and a major cause of frame loss in W2. But I think you'd be fine if it's without ubersampling and at like 1080p.

Yeah I agree. Ubersampling did make the game look better, but it was nowhere near worth the performance hit. The Witcher 2 still looked phenomenal regardless.

doesn't look like even a GTX680 will hold up with these visuals.

i don't think so, they've been talking about their tech, and it seems to be highly optmized, at least they told the game could run without a single loading screen on a decent computer.

i still can handle W2 on very high settings with a GTX 550 Ti, so i don't think you'll need much more for Glorious W3 graphics.

It's really good that they can optimize things better, whether it is getting used to the tech or more experience as devs. Metro LL runs smooth as hell compared to 2033.

Back