TheNerdNews :Texas police arrest French "Spiderman"

thenerdguy

Reaction score
Texas police arrest French "Spiderman"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051123/od_nm/life_climber_dc;_ylt=AhwBEW8oOLAxI8mjO2HNdgPtiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

HOUSTON (Reuters) - A daredevil climber known as "the French Spiderman" who has scaled skyscrapers around the globe was arrested on Tuesday as he tried to clamber up a Houston office building, authorities said

Alain Robert, 43, dashed from a taxi to the 46-story Houston Center but was stopped just as he was starting his ascent. Police said a reporter had tipped them off to his plans.

"A tall officer was able to grab his ankles. He was about one or two steps from getting away," Houston police spokesman Alan Wright said.

Robert's Web site claims he has climbed some 70 buildings including the Eiffel Tower; the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; London's Canary Wharf Building; the Empire State Building in New York and Chicago's Sears Tower.

Last December he defied stiff winds and rain to climb the world's tallest building, Taipei 101, in Taiwan's capital.

Houston police charged Robert with criminal trespass and possession of narcotics. They said Xanax tablets were in his bag and it was unclear if he had a doctor's prescription for the anti-anxiety drug.

Sometimes you just have a really bad day..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051122...lPtiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German man drank too much, wet his bed and set fire to his apartment while trying to dry his bedding, police in the western town of Muelheim said Monday.

"He was too drunk to go to the toilet," said a police spokesman. "The next morning he put a switched-on hairdryer on the bed to dry it and left the apartment." When the 60-year-old returned, his home and belongings were in flames.

Firemen eventually put out the blaze.

Man Leads Police on Slow Lawnmower Case

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051123...r_tiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. - Bad idea: fleeing from police in a stolen car. Terrible idea: fleeing in a stolen lawnmower. But that's what police say a "happy drunk" did, a decision that landed the suspect back in prison for violating his parole.

Police say they got a tip about a stolen riding lawnmower. When they investigated, they spotted a man driving across a cornfield near Springfield.

"I happened to be driving south when the call went out, and lo and behold, off to the west there was this man bouncing through the cornfield with his ponytail flopping in the breeze," said Kurt Taraba, a police officer in the suburb of Southern View.

Sangamon County Sheriff's Deputy Jim Tapscott said authorities set up a perimeter while he and another deputy drove into the field to talk to the lawnmower driver. They identified themselves and told him to stop, but he allegedly tried to drive off.

"I thought, 'You're on a riding mower, and we're in a car,'" Tapscott said with a laugh. "He was only going four or five miles per hour, so I got out and jogged alongside him."

The driver finally stopped when police threatened to stun him with a Taser.

Police arrested Charles H. Carter, 45, and returned him to the Illinois Department of Corrections. Carter was wearing an ankle monitor because he'd been on home confinement.

The Prisoner Review Board will decide whether he goes back on parole or remains in prison to serve the rest of his two-year sentence for theft.

Deputies have been unable to determine who owns the Craftsman mower. They said Carter had a handwritten bill of sale for it, but was unable to tell them where it was purchased or provide any other details.

Police Hit Man in Genitals With Taser
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/naked_taser;_ylt=AlQuatbgkcunkCJtDqNsSNftiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. - Police accidentally hit a naked man in the genitals with a Taser after he was caught breaking windows and asking women to touch him, authorities said.

Jeremy J. Miljour, 26, tried to run away when sheriff's deputies approached so one of them shot their Taser, said Cpl. Matt Chitwood. But one of the gun's prongs accidentally hit Miljour's genitals and got stuck, Chitwood said.

"The Taser is relatively accurate, but when someone is moving like that, it doesn't matter if you have a Taser, or a pistol. (Officers) can't aim," Chitwood said.

Miljour was treated at a hospital before being taken to the Lee County jail. He was charged with indecent exposure, resisting an officer and criminal damage.

Eat Your Heart Out Captain. :) (Yeah im just freaking around)

Nerd news returns more awesome than ever...wow some great stories, taser in the genitals is unbelievable, the police really must have cocked up that one. Ha you get it? You see what i did? *slaps thigh*

"Police accidentally hit a naked man in the genitals "

ya ...I can see how that was "accidental"

CptStern said:
"Police accidentally hit a naked man in the genitals "

ya ...I can see how that was "accidental"
We'll do that experiment at the grand HL2 reunification party in 2010.
You can be the naked person :naughty:

ahaha, I find it really funny that a guy who's whole gimmick is climbing buildings has anti-anxiety drugs, it's so true

I have seen an interview of that Spiderman guy before. He is amazing at what he does, too bad he was arrested.

Haha great stories!

Man...I wonder if the guy that got nailed in the balls by a tazer maintained consciousness. That had to hurt!!

This is why i don't drink.. I'd end up getting tasered in the balls or riding a lawn mower

Cops always say its 'accidental' but we all know the truth behind what people tell us. Bastards. Would like to ssee more news like this from you.

Remember the Icelandic man who wrestled a shark (or something)?

That guy is pretty cool. I hate it when you accidently punch someones balls.

Back