There's Something About odessa cubbage...

jerkasaur

Tank
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't exactly know why, but I have a bad feeling about this guy. seeing him talking to the G-man, Him communicating via radio to Lighthouse Point and then combine forces confronting you there, The fact that he's well known but you never see him after HL2.. I dunno, I don't like this guy. :D

I'm assuming your american. Holywood has taught you that all british people turn out evil at the end.

If your not american, then your just a suspisious bastard :D

:D I actually like brits, and I thought holywood teaches people that the french are evil all the time..

Odessa is not British. Guide says his accent is fake.

In Episode 1 when you enter the Rebel "safe-house" in the chapter Urban Fight a rebel asks Alyx if she's the daughter of Dr. Kleiner and she says "no, my father's Odessa Cubbage". She sounds ironic when she says it so i'm sure she's just fooling around but when i first heard it i was like "whaaaaat?" :)

Odessa is a asshole.In ep1 when you listen two rebels from a crack you can hear they saying that Odessa shot the gunship down not Gordon.

In Episode 1 when you enter the Rebel "safe-house" in the chapter Urban Fight a rebel asks Alyx if she's the daughter of Dr. Kleiner and she says "no, my father's Odessa Cubbage". She sounds ironic when she says it so i'm sure she's just fooling around but when i first heard it i was like "whaaaaat?" :)

It's called "sarcasm" dear, and was very obvious Alyx said that.

It's called "sarcasm" dear, and was very obvious Alyx said that.

Yea that's what i said, but at first i didn't pay much attention so when i heard her say it i had to load a saved game and listen to it again. Then i heard the sarcasm in her voice and i saw her expression ^^

Oh damnit, I thought Valve had finally gone with a Half-Life Movie script.

Honestly, I don't exactly know why, but I have a bad feeling about this guy. seeing him talking to the G-man, Him communicating via radio to Lighthouse Point and then combine forces confronting you there, The fact that he's well known but you never see him after HL2.. I dunno, I don't like this guy. :D

Didnt the gman tell odessa to get the rocket launcher ready or that the gunship is on its way or something?

That comes only from our own reasoning. Cubbage does start a rocket launcher briefing shortly after talking to the G-Man.

I seem to remember the G-man handing him the rocket launcher.

Rocket launcher gives Odessa to Freeman, then Freeman gives it to G-Man.

The g-man is not shown to give Cubbage the launcher. They are only seen conversing with no rocket launcher in sight. TBH I'd say they already had it, what with all the rockets stashed in the base.

I don't like him either, taking credit for Gordons awesomeness ^^

Cubbage and the Arguing Scientist at the start of HL1 are the only people we've ever seen talk to the GMan (at least as far as I can remember). It doesn't make you evil but it is suspicious.

@SinBin there is no proof of that.

I think it's obvious that Eli had some sort of arangement with Gman... Geting him and Alyx out of black mesa.

@SinBin there is no proof of that.

I'm not saying it's a fact, i could be wrong. But to me it's true, everything G-man has put Gordon to do has proven to help both mankind and Gordon and his allies. G-man's contractor are the good guys me thinks. They want to get rid of the Combine once and for all and G-man is trying to get this done his own way. I posted about it in a thread concerning G-man in one of the HL forums. My thoughts on it are written there ^^

Well, they may have good intentions, but they don't have the nicest methods... yanking people in and out of stasis, not to mention their extremely creepy HR person.

l_5aa570762c6cde6a810c2a467219f390.jpg

I think I could have done a better job than that in MS Paint.

I figured that was MS Paint, given the sloppy edges around the head.

Either way I still could have done a better job half-assing that.
As for Odessa, I think he's an extreme to the max ******-nozzle but he's not evil. If he was evil he'd be French. >:)
But seriously, I really do think that G-Man & Co. are good guys whose logic is "the ends justify the means".

No HL-related MS Paint picture can ever compare to the context that you got your avatar from, though.

EDIT: I concur with your take on the Gman (a statement I find is rarely said on this forum). Good guy? In the broader scope, yes. He doesn't seem to give a rip about earth.

Yes but I think my context is hilarious.
Yeah I'm finding that's the case as well.

wtf are you guys talking about, imdb that shit. its a legit movie

That picture made me lol, if it was done any better it just wouldn't be funny.

Back