Things you didnt know about Fallout 3

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
neat:

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2009/11/02/fallout-3-tidbits.aspx

Game development often lasts for years. And in that stretch of time, studios have their fair share of ups and downs. From humorous game bugs to stress-relieving antics, Game Informer peers behind the curtain of game development. In this entry of Tidbits, developer Bethesda Softworks shares secrets behind the development of Fallout 3.

•The Fat Man is based on an actual nuke launcher, the M-388 Davy Crockett Tactical Nuclear Recoilless Rifle which was made in the 1950s.

lol:

750px-DavyCrockettBomb.jpg

Both recoilless guns proved to have poor accuracy in testing, so the shell's greatest effect would have been its extreme radiation hazard. Even at a low yield setting, the M-388 would produce an almost instantly lethal radiation dosage (in excess of 10,000 rem) within 500 feet (150 m), and a probably fatal dose (around 600 rem) within a quarter mile (400 m).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_(nuclear_device)

•In the original design, you actually drove Liberty Prime and did battle with a working and floating Rivet City

that would have been soooo cool

old, and not cool

except the article is dated yesterday. I guess 24 hours is "old" to you. short attention span and all ..I bet you didnt even finish reading this senten ...

now would be a good time to post the link to the other article gameinformer lstole this from. otherwise you might look like you're talking out of your ass

now would be a good time to post the link to the other article gameinformer lstole this from. otherwise you might look like you're talking out of your ass

oldman.png

"A bunch of pretentious old men playing at running the world. But the world left them behind long ago. We are the future."

Yeah.. none of these are really new. The first is very obvious anyway. Anyone who's played MGS3 should know about that.

ahaha oh wow gameinformer is terrible

The Davy Crocket I new about from MGS3, but the Ford Nucleon in new to me and an incredibly entertaining thought.

All these tidbits were actually in one of GI's older magazines. I think it was the one that came out the month before the game was supposed to.

this is all new to me but i always imagined a smaller nuke capable of massive destruction. also suitcase nukes are probably real but no one would admit to having them by now

Saw a documentary that went on about the Soviet suitcase nukes the KG-B had during... the Cold War, I believe.

Saw a documentary that went on about the Soviet suitcase nukes the KG-B had during... the Cold War, I believe.

so I assume they're real and tbh I'd hate to be the guy transporting even a small portion of radioactive material. hands down the worst job on the planet now matter how you look at it.

If you sneak up and activate a Brahmin, your character will tip it over.

that one i gotta try.

if you sneak up and poke Stern...

Back