Thoughts from Global Leaders on the Obama Win

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
UK PRIME MINISTER GORDON BROWN

"This is a moment that will live in history as long as history books are written.

"Barack Obama ran an inspirational campaign, energising politics with his progressive values and his vision for the future."

UN SECRETARY-GENERAL BAN KI-MOON
"This is, I believe, an historic opportunity.

"I am confident that we can look forward to an era of renewed partnership and a new multilateralism. If ever there were a time for the world to join together, it is now."

KENYAN PRESIDENT MWAI KIBAKI
"The victory of Senator Obama is our own victory because of his roots here in Kenya. As a country, we are full of pride for his success.

"I am confident that your presidency shall herald a new chapter of dialogue between the American people and the world at large."

ISRAELI FOREIGN MINISTER TZIPI LIVNI
"Israel expects the close strategic co-operation with the new administration, president and Congress will continue along with the continued strengthening of the special and unshakeable special relationship between the two countries."

damn jewbs always thinking about the jewbs

lol:

SUDANESE FOREIGN MINISTRY SPOKESMAN ALI AL-SADIG
"We don't expect any change through our previous experience with the Democrats. When it comes to foreign policy there is no difference between the Republicans and the Democrats."

AFGHAN TALEBAN SPOKESMAN QARI YOUSUF AHMADI
"There is neither joy, nor sorrow among our ranks by the election of Barack Obama.

"The question is not about a change in the face of the American President, but a change in American policy."

PAKISTAN TALEBAN SPOKESMAN MUSLIM KHAN
"I hope that Barack Obama will respect the mandate given to him, and instead of using the (US) public's taxes to convert the world into a pile of dynamite, spend it on their welfare and well-being."

oh those damn terr'sts with their doom and gloom

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/us_elections_2008/7710020.stm

This is what makes me most happy about voting for him. Seeing the leaders and peoples of other countries around the world welcoming this change with open and inviting arms. I also echo Muslim Khan's feelings above...he put it so well:

"I hope that Barack Obama will respect the mandate given to him, and instead of using the (US) public's taxes to convert the world into a pile of dynamite, spend it on their welfare and well-being."

Awesome. I may have to put that in my sig....

Amerika, you choose good!, me love you long time!!!! love America! best best best best! weee!!!!!!!.

-Nuri, the estranged European.

The Sudanese and Talibani statements are code for: 'We expect the US to continue ignoring our ivory-poaching and poppy-harvesting...'

People are still just finding "signs" of Bush's failure? What? Have they missed the last eight years?

Can someone tell me why America despises Iran? Maybe if we actually talked to them and became friends they wouldn't bomb us with their imaginary nukes.

I think it heralds back to when the Iranians took 200-some Americans hostage back in the 1970s....

That's so nice to know that Israel expects things from us.

But not seeing american flags burning for once is kind of a nice change, doesn't seem right though.

I think it heralds back to when the Iranians took 200-some Americans hostage back in the 1970s....

no it's from before then

The Central Intelligence Agency's secret history of its covert operation to overthrow Iran's government in 1953 offers an inside look at how the agency stumbled into success, despite a series of mishaps that derailed its original plans. Written in 1954 by one of the coup's chief planners, the history details how United States and British officials plotted the military coup that returned the shah of Iran to power and toppled Iran's elected [democracy anyone?] prime minister, an ardent nationalist.

....a plot that set the stage for the Islamic revolution in 1979, and for a generation of anti-American hatred in one of the Middle East's most powerful countries.

The operation, code-named TP-Ajax, was the blueprint for a succession of C.I.A. plots to foment coups and destabilize governments during the cold war ? including the agency's successful coup in Guatemala in 1954 and the disastrous Cuban intervention known as the Bay of Pigs in 1961. In more than one instance, such operations led to the same kind of long-term animosity toward the United States that occurred in Iran.

the reasoning behind the coup:

• Britain, fearful of Iran's plans to nationalize its oil industry, came up with the idea for the coup in 1952 and pressed the United States to mount a joint operation to remove the prime minister.
• The C.I.A. and S.I.S., the British intelligence service, handpicked Gen. Fazlollah Zahedi to succeed Prime Minister Mohammed Mossadegh and covertly funneled $5 million to General Zahedi's regime two days after the coup prevailed.
• Iranians working for the C.I.A. and posing as Communists harassed religious leaders and staged the bombing of one cleric's home in a campaign to turn the country's Islamic religious community against Mossadegh's government.
• The shah's cowardice nearly killed the C.I.A. operation. Fearful of risking his throne, the Shah repeatedly refused to sign C.I.A.-written royal decrees to change the government. The agency arranged for the shah's twin sister, Princess Ashraf Pahlevi, and Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf, the father of the Desert Storm commander, to act as intermediaries to try to keep him from wilting under pressure. He still fled the country just before the coup succeeded.

I find it astonishing that while every single american knows that the US isnt well liked abroad few have absolutely no clue as to why they're despised. "they're jealous of our freedoms" is most often heard yet in reality it's the US' meddling in other people's freedoms that's the cause ..the excuse most americans give is the complete OPPOSITE of reality ...some of you purposefully blind yourselves to the utter evil shit the US is responsible for

Madeline Albright said:
In 1953 the United States played a significant role in orchestrating the overthrow of Iran's popular Prime Minister, Mohammed Massadegh. The Eisenhower Administration believed its actions were justified for strategic reasons; but the coup was clearly a setback for Iran's political development. And it is easy to see now why many Iranians continue to resent this intervention by America in their internal affairs.

http://www.globalpolicy.org/empire/history/2000/0416ciairan.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ajax
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB126/index.htm
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB28/

oh and incidentily the US hostage crisis in iran began as a response to the US puppet regime of shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi and his brutal secret police SAVAK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAVAK

Back