Three Announcements From Valve Next Week, Hardware Incoming?

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
On the back of Gabe teasing us with Valve venturing into hardware & Linux being the way forward, Valve have put up a landing page for 3 large announcements coming next week.

It states: "This year we’ve been working on even more ways to connect the dots for customers who want Steam in the living-room. Soon, we’ll be adding you to our design process, so that you can help us shape the future of Steam."

steampic2-jpg.24447
The first announcement will be on Monday on the landing page. We will keep you posted on what is announced.

Attachments

• steampic2.jpg
    steampic2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 16,637
I just tested it in Gimp and that doesn't happen. Too good to be true.

So there is something in the picture, but it's a graph repeated 32 times. An ARG is actually happening, but no word on what it is yet.

when are these retards going to figure out that the steam universe isn't the same as half-life's universe?

Announcement 1: Steam Box release date

Announcement 2: Ability to share games with friends on Steam

Announcement 3: Ricochet 2

Okay,so 3 announcements!
First will be The steambox and everything that comes along with it. Second will be the sharing program on steam in beta atm.
The third one will be Source 2,the proprietary engine that looks and plays best on steambox( Mark my words!!!)

BUT THE CONTROLER SHOWS 3 BUTTONS IN A LAYOUT OF THE LAMBDA TRIANGLE,AND THE GRAPH IS THE PARTICLE DECAY (Half-life of particles). SO HL3 CONFIRMED!!! :D

oh,and THE CAT HAS 3 WISKERS!!! 3 CIRCLES!!! HL3 CONFIRMED !!!

Clearly Valve will be releasing controllers for cats, just another step in the road to feline dominance of mankind.

All of the Half-Life games are on Steam, idiot.

Last year, we shipped a software feature called Big Picture, a user-interface tailored for televisions and gamepads.
This year we’ve been working on even more ways to connect the dots for customers who want Steam in the living-room.
Soon, we’ll be adding you to our design process, so that you can help us shape the future of Steam.

The countdown's all about Big Picture and the "future of Steam", not one hint at any upcoming games games.

This one's not fake, but I doubt it has anything to do with HL3.

At this point, I genuinely feel bad for Valve. No matter what great things they do, the internet turns everything into a fruitless battle for info about Half-Life. I'd love news about the next HL game as much as anyone, but it's got to be somewhat disheartening as a Valve employee to see the community make absolutely everything about the one thing you're not ready to talk about. It's probably just a vocal minority thing, but damn is that minority vocal.

At this point, I genuinely feel bad for Valve. No matter what great things they do, the internet turns everything into a fruitless battle for info about Half-Life. I'd love news about the next HL game as much as anyone, but it's got to be somewhat disheartening as a Valve employee to see the community make absolutely everything about the one thing you're not ready to talk about. It's probably just a vocal minority thing, but damn is that minority vocal.

yeah that is really sad. Here there is not even much room for Half-Life speculation, still people freak out. BUT Valve knows that people are like that, they MUST know when they announce something, that people will always think about Half-Life, so they must be prepared.

1. Steambox
2. Game Sharing
3. You can now buy Movies/Anime Episode/TV Show on Steam

why you say game sharing? It is already announced and its not that large.

why you say game sharing? It is already announced and its not that large.

Sony and Microsoft are fighting each other over digital ownership and digital sharing. Microsoft shooted a bullet in their knee with their method and Sony is still very vague with it.

Steam coming and saying "we have the solution !" would be a big publicity for the Steambox before it's launch. Plus if they are revealing the Steambox with his spec, they might want to use the Game Sharing has a plus for their marketing actions.

I believe that nowadays public will be more hyped about Digital Sharing than HL3 announcement (seeing that the "old fan" are tired of waiting and that the "new fan" don't know shit about HL3 and will turn it into another generic fps annoucement).

If they really announce the Steambox + Digital Game Sharing, it'll be Valve's message to the industry "we're coming, expect us".

Sony and Microsoft are fighting each other over digital ownership and digital sharing. Microsoft shooted a bullet in their knee with their method and Sony is still very vague with it.

Steam coming and saying "we have the solution !" would be a big publicity for the Steambox before it's launch. Plus if they are revealing the Steambox with his spec, they might want to use the Game Sharing has a plus for their marketing actions.

I believe that nowadays public will be more hyped about Digital Sharing than HL3 announcement (seeing that the "old fan" are tired of waiting and that the "new fan" don't know shit about HL3 and will turn it into another generic fps annoucement).

If they really announce the Steambox + Digital Game Sharing, it'll be Valve's message to the industry "we're coming, expect us".

I agree. That still leaves us with only 2 big announcements though. Maybe its something regarding their VR stuff ?

The big combo wombo would be :
1. Steambox (Price + Specs + Game Sharing + additional cool stuff)
2. Steambox Launch Games (Source Engine 2 Powered games (L4D3, ...), games "VR ready", ...) or Steambox Launch Sales
3. New Steam Platform (the actual one is old and their browser is very slow, a revamp of steam would be the icing on the cake)

The blue orb reminds me of the planet from the SOB footage.

But it's prolly just a blue ball.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I expect it'll all be Steambox -related information (specs, price and things we know about like Big Picture and Family Sharing) released in three stages, no Source 2/Ricochet 2.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I expect it'll all be Steambox -related information (specs, price and things we know about like Big Picture and Family Sharing) released in three stages, no Source 2/Ricochet 2.

You could actually be right. Similiar to TF2 updates. Different days introduce different new features. Could very well be: Day one: Steambox. Day two: Specs for it.
Day three: steam integration and new steam features

1. Steambox
2. Half Life 3 exclusive to Steambox platform (pushes sales of Steambox)
3. Family game sharing OR entire Valve catalogue of games for a low price for play on Steambox

Does anyone remeber the 77 days arg? Well, it ends on tuesday. Probably unrelated, just thought I´d throw that out here.

Does anyone remeber the 77 days arg? Well, it ends on tuesday. Probably unrelated, just thought I´d throw that out here.

If it was, then what would be the point in creating all sorts of characters and lore over the years? Just to promote the Steambox or whatever?

So... here's what I'm thinking. Let's assume that the circles (within the circles) represent Steam itself. So, the first circle is just one circle. That might mean the first update would be an update for Steam itself in its entirety, most likely Big Picture mode. The second circle contains one circle within brackets, or in layman's terms, boxes. The second update might be the announcement of the Steam Box. Finally, two circles connected by a plus sign. That might signal cross-platform play with the Steam Box or something. I still haven't fully figured that out. Anybody think I'm on the right track?

It's nothing game related, basically Marc Laidlaw and others have said its nothing game related. So it's exactly that.

The countdown's all about Big Picture and the "future of Steam", not one hint at any upcoming games games.
lol that went way over your head kid. better crawl back into mother and cook for a while longer

lol that went way over your head kid. better crawl back into mother and cook for a while longer

I can't find it, but I'm absolutely sure you've made almost precisely this post before

Back